FM3 + FC-6 = OMG9!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes these things are finicky. Just play around with a few things until something works. Turn-off, reinstall, etc. Make sure you have the latest version of the firmware too. Also be sure to go into all the different settings and enable or disable parameters & functions as needed. There are many good videos in YTube that can show you what to try. In that discovery/problem solving process you will pick up a lot of other good tips.

This is a very clever option- kudos to the development team! It is interesting that for ~$1,000 less you will get a total of 9 switches- 3 more than you would have with the AFX3 and FC6- unless you step way up to the FC12 $$$. This new option definitely could push people back towards the FM3. The form factor is also really nice. I don't think I am alone however when I say that for ~$1,499 it would be "ideal" (anyone listening???) if it was an all in one unit (e.g., at least "6"-9 switches or 6+1 (master menu toggle)) with 20% more CPU power and a 2nd instrument input as well. It probably won't happen as that could take away from AXFX3 sales...but I see that as a different market than the average consumer (non-pro). It would be a great option for us and a welcome improvement to an already outstanding product!
You can use Input 2 as a 2nd instrument input.

Just got my FM3 yesterday and took the OMG9 layout defaults for a spin. This has made setup of my live rig a breeze. I wanted to point out that the hold function for "Scenes" doesn't work after loading the file but all I had to do was adjust the layout link to show FC-6 Layout 2 View 2 (it was set to View 1). Just in case this throws anyone for a loop.
Same problem only my Scenes button says More when I hold it. Both the Tap and Hold layout links are on 2. Not sure what to do??

This is really great! However, it seems to incapacitate the FM3 buttons as a stand alone unit. I just downloaded and am working with the OMG9 setup and I'm trying to find a way to be able to still use the FM3 buttons to control everything if I don't have the FC6 at hand. Anyone have any ideas? Im a noob--so sorry if there is an obvious solution!

I'm thinking of adding in a layout switch to the middle 'hold button' of the FM3 that can at least switch to 'scenes'. Then I can at least switch among scenes if I only have the FM3.

This is really great! However, it seems to incapacitate the FM3 buttons as a stand alone unit. I just downloaded and am working with the OMG9 setup and I'm trying to find a way to be able to still use the FM3 buttons to control everything if I don't have the FC6 at hand. Anyone have any ideas? Im a noob--so sorry if there is an obvious solution!

I'm thinking of adding in a layout switch to the middle 'hold button' of the FM3 that can at least switch to 'scenes'. Then I can at least switch among scenes if I only have the FM3.
Change the FM3 to layout 1.
Or anything but 8.

I am planning to use per preset switch overrides for when I use the FM3 standalone. I’ll develop specific presets for that scenario.

Same problem only my Scenes button says More when I hold it. Both the Tap and Hold layout links are on 2. Not sure what to do??

Just got my FM3 yesterday and took the OMG9 layout defaults for a spin. This has made setup of my live rig a breeze. I wanted to point out that the hold function for "Scenes" doesn't work after loading the file but all I had to do was adjust the layout link to show FC-6 Layout 2 View 2 (it was set to View 1). Just in case this throws anyone for a loop.

Change the FM3 to layout 1.
Or anything but 8.
True--but any edit you do to the other layouts will affect the OMG9 layout. It's probably easier to design a layout for the FM3 alone and just import that for use when traveling with FM3 alone. That's the best idea I have at this point.

The OMG9 Layouts have 2 layouts that are empty (4 and 7). You can use these to make quick and dirty no-FC6 layouts. When you go to your gig without the FC 6, just set your initial layout to 4 or 7 and you're away! When you go out with the FC 6, just reboot to Layout 8 and you're golden.

Here is a simple layout you can import into Layout 4 that allows you to use the FM3 alone. Layout 4 sports 3 presets, 3 scenes, 3 effects, and a utility section for Tuner and Tap Tempo as well as an Amp Volume decrease and save (-1db) to help equalize your presets live (always better to lower the volume of the one that's too loud!).
Just use switches 1 and 3 Hold functions to move between views.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 8.25.41 PM.png

Attachments

• FM3 Alone.fclayout
    8.8 KB · Views: 25
Here is a simple layout you can import into Layout 4 that allows you to use the FM3 alone. Layout 4 sports 3 presets, 3 scenes, 3 effects, and a utility section for Tuner and Tap Tempo as well as an Amp Volume decrease and save (-1db) to help equalize your presets live (always better to lower the volume of the one that's too loud!).

View attachment 65988
Wow I can't believe I missed that those layouts were blank! Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out!

Very nice feedback all, especially @Patzag and @JazzByProxy

Let's utilize the un-used layouts to embed a setup that can be used without an FC-6 connected.
Technically, we have four to use: 4, 6, 7, and 9! I'd like to have:
  • Bank of 3 preset switches
  • bank +1, bank -1
  • Tuner
  • Tap Tempo
  • 8 scenes
  • Looper Access
  • At least 3 effect IA switches, if not more.
These alternate layouts will be based as closely as possible on the default FM3 layouts.

Last edited:

View attachment 65988

still trying to wrap my head around this as i was using layout links before and may see and easier way

So if i understand the views is coming from The MLM

If my main Layouts i want access to are
Presets Perform Effect i can use your
above layout just changing View2 from
scenes to Perform correct or totally wrong lol

I was already thinking in terms of switching between an 'FM3 only' layout and an OMG style TOC+FC6 setup. The only hangup I'm running into right now is that I want a bank size of 6, but don't know how to handle the larger bank size in the 'FM3 only' layout. Any thoughts?

I was already thinking in terms of switching between an 'FM3 only' layout and an OMG style TOC+FC6 setup. The only hangup I'm running into right now is that I want a bank size of 6, but don't know how to handle the larger bank size in the 'FM3 only' layout. Any thoughts?

You'll need to stoop and change the bank size.
You'll read elsewhere that a future enhancement has been suggested so that Bank Size is embedded in the Layout rather than being global.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom