First gig with Axe Fx II here goes

Fantastic Larry - awesome tone, playing, vibe, cool hat etc etc... my GAS is officially out of control!

(also rather cool to VERY BRIEFLY see your MFC at the start of the video with our KickTags labels on them!)

:)

I'm new to this forum and here to learn more about the Axe-Fx II.

Larry watching these videos was a real pleasure! Thanks for posting them.

Hey guys, Here is a Nylon Acoustic guitar New Age peace that we played first last night. I love the gorgeous breathy pad coming from the Axe FX II

YouTube - ‪Larry Mitchell Band NMMA May 22nd 2011 "A Drift In Time"‬‏

Thanks for listening.

Some one just sent me a message that they have great video (sound) up close to the stage. I'll upload that when I get it. But you wont be able to see the two because its on the floor in front of me. :)

Larry

Larry, in "A Drift in Time" it looks like you're playing your electric Ibanez but it sounds like there are nylon acoustic. What are you playing? Is there nylon acoustic modeling going on there?

Great videos Larry.

I'd say to anyone on these forums if Larry is performing close to where you live go see him.

I did the first time due to knowing he used the Axe-fx how i'm sure Cliff envisoned it to be used. No guitar amps, no guitar cabs, straight to FOH and his sound is awesome.

I got to talk with him that first time, very friendly so if you get the chance do it.

Larry if you read this, next time your in SD lets do that Axe-Fx meetup (if you have time), or should we call it the Axe-Fx II meetup now. lol.

Mark

Fantastic stuff Larry...!!! These videos really give me a lot of faith in how good these units REALLY DO sound going straight to FOH (wow, it really wasn't my FOH guy blowing smoke...).

I hope to catch you if you make it thru the Cbus area.

Beautifully done, Larry. You really made A Drift in Time float. Lovely nylon tone.

Do you do anything Axe-ish with more traditional classical guitars? Any pickup recommendations? I've never found one I was really happy with.

Hey Rex, imhave run some what traditional nylon strings guitars through my ultra. It's hard to dial nylon sting guitars in the piezo pickups can be harsh most of the time. There is a company called Mi-si that's trying to work with me on getting rid of that harsh ness. I have another nylon string guitar that has one of there systems in it and it does sound great.so we shall see.

The guitar is a now discontinued Ibanez scn 500 very thin bodied nylon string guitar. Mine is actually the last prototype before that started the production run. It's very easy to play the action is crazy low for a nylon string.a great guitar.

Yes the girls where screaming pretty crazy. Wow was that instrumental performance with screaming girls. I didnt pay them for that. ;0) i didn't even know them :0)

I'm trying to tweak my nylon presets, I have a cool little club tour starting next week up in the seattle, Tacoma, Olympia area then san Diego I have a few acoustic shows so I have get it happening!

Both the acoustic and the pro junior electric preset will be available if anyone wants, once the axe fx II is released.

Toadfish, I need one more label, so I'll be ordering the custom 8 pack soo, I think that's what it's called.??

Thank you very much guys. I really glad that you like the videos and the tones. It truly is a great everything (axe fx II)!

Larry

Both the acoustic and the pro junior electric preset will be available if anyone wants, once the axe fx II is released.

Larry, after reading your comments on the Pro Junior I dialed up a quick patch on my Ultra tonight. I'd never really tried this sim before and I really like it! I'd love your preset when it's available. To tide me over however, what speaker cab do you find works well with it?

I'm really touched by your ambient work, and I also love listening to your rocky work. Thanks for sharing everything with us.

Terry.

Hey Rex, imhave run some what traditional nylon strings guitars through my ultra. It's hard to dial nylon sting guitars in the piezo pickups can be harsh most of the time. There is a company called Mi-si that's trying to work with me on getting rid of that harsh ness. I have another nylon string guitar that has one of there systems in it and it does sound great.so we shall see.

The guitar is a now discontinued Ibanez scn 500 very thin bodied nylon string guitar. Mine is actually the last prototype before that started the production run. It's very easy to play the action is crazy low for a nylon string.a great guitar.

Yes the girls where screaming pretty crazy. Wow was that instrumental performance with screaming girls. I didnt pay them for that. ;0) i didn't even know them :0)

I'm trying to tweak my nylon presets, I have a cool little club tour starting next week up in the seattle, Tacoma, Olympia area then san Diego I have a few acoustic shows so I have get it happening!

Toadfish, I need one more label, so I'll be ordering the custom 8 pack soo, I think that's what it's called.??

Thank you very much guys. I really glad that you like the videos and the tones. It truly is a great everything (axe fx II)!

Larry

Brother Larry - I'll send you an email... we have a new version of the Surrounds coming out very soon that I think you will potentially find very useful. It's been road-tested by a good (mutual) friend and it really works great......

Will be in touch soon!

Brother Larry - I'll send you an email... we have a new version of the Surrounds coming out very soon that I think you will potentially find very useful. It's been road-tested by a good (mutual) friend and it really works great......

Will be in touch soon!

No forum posting for you! Off to the post office with ya! :lol

Hints on the new version?

Craig

The guitar is a now discontinued Ibanez scn 500 very thin bodied nylon string guitar. Mine is actually the last prototype before that started the production run. It's very easy to play the action is crazy low for a nylon string.a great guitar...

Thanks for the quick reply, Larry. It's good to hear from a fellow nylon player...there are few of us around!

The SC500N is a great guitar with an undeniably sweet voice, but it's not the same as a "real" classical. You're right: it's hard to find a good pickup system for a classical guitar. They just don't seem to pick up enough wood. Please let me know how things turn out with Mi-Si; I'd love to get my Tamura properly amplified.

I'm with ya' Rex. I would love to get a richer nylon live sound.

My main nylon is a Horabe from the 80's. But with no pickup not very practical live unless its solo classical and a mic.

For band / live I've gotten the best tone, without feedback etc., from an Epiphone Chet Atkins SST -> Aura Spectrum Nylon 3 preset. Plus some sweat dialing out the piezo quack :(

Was in the process of punting the Aura in favor of an IR in my Uitra but sold my Ultra and now I'm another AxeII in waiting :)

- Richard

Have any of you nylon stringers tried the newish line of nylons from Godin? I have one (the Duet Ambience) and have heard and played through others. I think they do a great job of getting you reasonably close to an acoustic nylon sound while still being playable in a full band setting.

No forum posting for you! Off to the post office with ya! :lol

Hints on the new version?

Craig

Brother Craig! Yours shipped on Monday - just haven't had time to send out the delivery notifications!

More details on the new Surrounds soon. We think they're pretty cool and will work in conjunction with the standard Surrounds.

Cheers!
Sukh

Brother Craig! Yours shipped on Monday - just haven't had time to send out the delivery notifications!

More details on the new Surrounds soon. We think they're pretty cool and will work in conjunction with the standard Surrounds.

Cheers!
Sukh

Just messing with you my friend! Looking forward to them! Keep up the good work!

On more nylonish post, and then I'll back off lest we further hijack Larry's thread. :)

I agree with the above posters that the super-thin nylon acoustic-electrics are one of the better live-amplified solutions for nylon playing. But the tone of the best of them — acoustic or electric — is only a rough approximation of the sweet voice you can hear in a well-made, well-aged "real" classical guitar. That's the tone I want to get close to in an amplified situation with no mics involved, and I've not had much luck so far.

Back
Top Bottom