Feedback Simulator

Can that be fractooled for a 3?

No because it's an Ultra preset, but there's not much to it. Add pitch - comp at the start of some preset you like. Assign envelope to pitch & comp mix with start/mid/end at 100/50/0; try higher mid% on comp mix for better early sustain.

Dual shifter pitch type, shifts at +12 and +19 if you want to set up pedal/switch voice selection, or just pick one and turn other voice down. The "just" tuning option might make the +19 shift sound better. (Detune at +2 cents also works with no just option e.g. previous Axe models.)

Adjust envelope controller using details in original post as a guide.

Thanks a bunch...I'll give her a shot.

I'll copy the original preset and play with it.

Good bye Freqout!

Thanks Simeon.......
That is the one I was referring to, but it is set up for a pedal controller....... Trying to save a meltdown for a mental misfit!
I'll have it singing later today. 😎

well you need to be able to fade it in when you play a long note. sounds terrible if it's on all the time. you could use a momentary switch with some damping, but a continuous pedal gives the best control. i suppose a momentary switch would behave in a similar way to a digitech freqout, though.

Exactly what I was asking in post #18..........Thats how I use my freqout in loop 3....hit the button....when I'm done hit the button again.
then I use a hold on the same switch for some thing else.
I could rig an external switch to do a momentary like the pedal...... but then I would fall over trying to hold it.

Bman.......As there was no screen shot on the old post , where do I get to the envelope parameter to add the swell?
Or am I changing pitch follower to Envelope follower.

Simeon..... I found your older post describing some of the settings........ I can set the compressor values to stop around 40-50 %
which seemed to be a sweet spot to me and I think switch revert should kill the feedback as related to this problem at the time.

In the end I'll probably just leave it on a pedal.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.59.21 AM.png

Last edited:
i don't think you need envelope. just attach your switch to the mix of the compressor and the pitch block, but add some damping, so that it takes a little while to reach the max value. just download the preset that mark day made and swap his continuous controller assignments to your switch assignments and as you do that, turn up the attack parameter in the parameter linking window.

This really highlights how good the pitch shifter on the AxeFX is. For feedback simulation, it'd be even better if there was another octave of range on the pitch shift.

This really highlights how good the pitch shifter on the AxeFX is. For feedback simulation, it'd be even better if there was another octave of range on the pitch shift.

And a prompt if you go past 2 octaves haha.

Bman.......As there was no screen shot on the old post , where do I get to the envelope parameter to add the swell?
Or am I changing pitch follower to Envelope follower.

Envelope was assigned to pitch and compressor mix, nothing else.

The idea was that you'd get the feedback sound after a while on any note, once it decays enough. To switch the feedback sim. off completely, bypass pitch & comp blocks.

I get that.... but where is it?

I have the attack and release on the controller working good .....but its about 80% perfect right now!

I get that.... but where is it?

Envelope parameters are in "Controllers" menu with general LFOs, sequencer, etc.

It's probably best to keep attack/release low (or zero) on the mix modifiers, then adjust swell speed with envelope release time.

Hi everyone ,
So the expression pedal needs to be attached to the volume of the pitchifter block ..??
I m asking because no pedal is attached like Mark has written in the description in Axechange
Thanks ...

Back
Top Bottom