Feedback Simulator

Any chance someone could post screenshots for the feedback simulator pitch block? Trying to make this work with FM3. I couldn't export it as a block with Fractool. I also can't view the controllers attached to pitch volume etc.

It also says Dual Chromatic as pitch type in Fractool. Which one should I use with FM3? It doesn't have a type like that.

Got my FM3 yesterday and decided to give this a go. I couldn't export the setting either from Mark Day's preset or Yek's preset (both used Pitch 2 that's not available in the FM3) so based on Mark Day's comment in the Facebook video I did my own that should mimic the same behaviour with the 2 different +19/+7 shifts based on what pitch you're playing at. I've attached the mix block to auto-engage with a 200ms attack on Control Switch 2. Works great :)

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8121

Any chance someone could post screenshots for the feedback simulator pitch block? Trying to make this work with FM3. I couldn't export it as a block with Fractool. I also can't view the controllers attached to pitch volume etc.

It also says Dual Chromatic as pitch type in Fractool. Which one should I use with FM3? It doesn't have a type like that.

How Mark Day's feedback simulator works
You need following blocks before the amp block:
  • Compressor (type = Studio compressor)
  • Pitch (type (type = dual shift)
Overview on modifiers:
1595083079602.png
-> Pedal 1 controlls mix level of generated pitch tones
-> Pitch Follower controlls which tones are generated (+19 on low pitch else +7 on hich pitches)

Compressor
1595083368272.png
1595083377994.png

Pitch
1595083397500.png
1595083407277.png
1595083416384.png
1595083427914.png

Thanks for posting that..... I set mine up on a foot switch and may not have the pitch follower set up.

Around 2000 ms attack and 300 ms release on the pitch and compressor gives me a nice natural building feedback!

Well, I got close - instead of setting the same pitch follower with opposite min and max values, I changed the direction of the pitch follower so there's one upward slope and one downward meeting in the middle, I also didn't have the compressor :)

For those interested, I've updated the Feedback simulator on Axechange: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8125.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom