Feedback Simulator

Thanks chaps. What I should have done was tie ext 1 to the delay input gain as well, so you get more delay on the feedback.

one change that needs to be made is to set delay 1 in the pitch shifter to zero...no idea why i had it set longer

also - you can try an interval of +19 instead of +24 in the pitch shifter, for harmonic feedback...sounds nice!

thanx a lot man! i was gonna build something like this, but your the master of effets in my book.

thanx!

nico

so does it work for everybody? i found i had to adjust the compressor threshold slightly, as i'd overdone it a bit, but it seems to be ok. i originally tried doing it with envelope, but it just didn't work quite right...feels much better with control on the pedal, i think... i like the +19 shift a lot, btw...

Looking forward to trying this, but I don't have an expression pedal.

Any chance someone could post a sound clip?

Awesome! I remember an older preset someone on here had put together that simulated feedback, but worked automatically. The trouble I always had with it was that it wouldn't allow me to pick lightly on anything. If I didn't pick at least moderately hard, it would go into feedback mode. It had occurred to me later on to set up an expression pedal to control the feedback, but I never did do it. Now I don't have to!

It doesn`t work too well for me. I have to turn down the volume knob to get sound at all.
Is it one of the blocks in the preset, so I can try it in another preset?

yeah, the patch is screwed in v9 - all the parameter linking stuff is out of whack and the amp settings are mangled as well.

here's a new version for v8/v9

external 1 controls the feedback

i did this with axe edit, so check cabs etc

play around with the pitch shifter settings for different effects. try reducing the level of the shifter that is set to 0, if you want more harmonic content in the feedback and try different values for the other shifter which is currently set to +19. +7 is quite nice.

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator v9.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 532
Nice! Can the patch (if tweaked) get really sharp harmonics like with a Sustainiac or something where the harmonic almost entirely takes over the fundamental?

Back
Top Bottom