Feedback Simulator

Assign the pedal you want to use to Pitch mix.... as you will see it is already highlighted

...you are then bringing in the amount of feedback as desired.

Anyone know why there is an additional pitch block in the string as it works with out it?
Did you watch the video? I'm pretty sure Mark explained it there... if I remember correctly, it uses one or the other depending on the pitch of the note being played.

Hey Unix

l just watched on my IPad....... the pitch he is messing with is the dual shift with both levels on the screen..... I didn’t see the other pitch block mentioned.
I’ll watch that block on my new preset to see if it functions the same without the other block.

Hey Unix

l just watched on my IPad....... the pitch he is messing with is the dual shift with both levels on the screen..... I didn’t see the other pitch block mentioned.
I’ll watch that block on my new preset to see if it functions the same without the other block.
Oh, yeah, that's right... I knew there were 2.

Oh, yeah, that's right... I knew there were 2.
Assign the pedal you want to use to Pitch mix.... as you will see it is already highlighted

...you are then bringing in the amount of feedback as desired.
Please pardon…
I’m new to the Forum, clearly, but help me... where is the preset.
Is there a text description of the methodology?
Lost @ sea.

I just found this thread and I'm absolutely excited. I was thinking for a long, long time to buy the Digitech Freqout, but this is now obsolete. I tried the preset tonight and it works perfectly for my purpose. Thank you.

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

One big thing I've noticed about my III compared to the II or AX8 is that I can get this feedback at bedroom volumes through my FRFR. I still can't get it through my small studio monitors but it responds just like an amp through the bigger speaker. Very nice to have this on tap with a foot switch though!
Same here. I’m using a mission Gemini II at home and I can get great feedback with any high gain preset. But, it sure is nice to have the control over when it feeds back like in Mark Day’s preset. That sounds very cool.

I just found this thread and I'm absolutely excited. I was thinking for a long, long time to buy the Digitech Freqout, but this is now obsolete. I tried the preset tonight and it works perfectly for my purpose. Thank you.

I wouldn't abandon the freqout just yet. The AxeFX pitch shifter needs another octave of range before Mark’s preset could replace a freqout.

Last edited:
I wouldn't abandon the freqout just yet. The AxeFX pitch shifter needs another octave of range before it could replace a freqout.

The FreqOut's "5th" (2oct+maj3) interval can be done on the Axe-FX with any intelligent harmony type, whole tone scale, harmony value +15.

That's the quick and easy way to get that interval. If you define a custom scale with few enough notes (say 5, like C D E G Bb) and force "learn" on with a modifier, you get a fixed shifter capable of any harmonic interval up to at least 3 octaves.

WARNING: Test larger shift amounts at low volume. On the Axe II the pitch block will output a loud non-shifted note once the required shift reaches somewhere around 46 to 55 semitones. Reducing the voice's harmony value restores normal operation. The exact value seems related to the evenness of the intervals. For example C-D-E-G-Bb can reach higher than 4 notes C-D-E-G, even if you don't need that flat seventh interval.

You’re saying you modified Mark’s preset to work with an intelligent mode shifter? That seems rather cumbersome if it works, but that sounds interesting. Can you upload it? In any case, I edited my post to clarify I’m referring to Mark’s preset.

Last edited:
You’re saying you modified Mark’s preset to work with an intelligent mode shifter? That seems rather cumbersome if it works, but that sounds interesting. Can you upload it? In any case, I edited my post to clarify I’m referring to Mark’s preset.

No Axe-FX III here, but I viewed the preset with FracTool just now. To get that 28-semitone shift you should only have to adjust the things mentioned in sentence #1 above. Block type = dual harmony, scale = whole tone (key doesn't matter), voice 1 harmony +15.

The Digitech Freqout has for sure more options, but for my needs Mark's preset is sufficient. And since my playground is very small, I avoid to buy stuff which is not really essential.

No Axe-FX III here, but I viewed the preset with FracTool just now. To get that 28-semitone shift you should only have to adjust the things mentioned in sentence #1 above. Block type = dual harmony, scale = whole tone (key doesn't matter), voice 1 harmony +15.

Leave it to Bakerman to come up with a clever way to extend the range :). The problem is it causes pitch quantization artifacts that you don't get with dual chromatic. And, as you say, you can get some nasty artifacts. And there's still the lack of sustain. Kudos on the idea anyway!

Last edited:
Realistically, the sustain issue is the deal breaker. The signal generator in the freqout is tough to emulate on the AxeFX with a compressor. For that matter. the freqout has its own limitations that make me use my sustainiac instead of the freqout. That doesn't change the fact that Mark's preset is darn handy.

Back
Top Bottom