FCB1010

hey guys,

just got my fcb 1010 today. first tried programming it manually. gave up soon after :p then i tried ripwerx editor.. it was an absolute breeze.

just one word.. if people arent able to use axe edit, fcb, axe fx, and ripwerx at the same time.. try this. in global settings try midi merge mode on. and in axe edit go to audio/midi settings.. and at the bottom select midi channel as 2 instead of 1. worked for me :D

THANK YOU VOES!!

Zorran said:
hey guys,

just got my fcb 1010 today. first tried programming it manually. gave up soon after :p then i tried ripwerx editor.. it was an absolute breeze.

just one word.. if people arent able to use axe edit, fcb, axe fx, and ripwerx at the same time.. try this. in global settings try midi merge mode on. and in axe edit go to audio/midi settings.. and at the bottom select midi channel as 2 instead of 1. worked for me :D

THANK YOU VOES!!

Thanks! Of course you know that you owe me a couple of fine cold beers :cool:

Hallo everybody!
I have used the FCB 1010 with UnO firmware v.1.0.2f successfully with an axe fx standard.
However, in the studio, I have different needs.
(my FCB was programmed in foot stomp mode.)
Now, my epression 1 was on 27 and expr. 2 on 7
I could not change expr. 2 to 83.
expr. 1 could be changed to 1 successfully but exp. 2: no way!
-Does this have todo something with the stompbox mode?
-Should I load completely independant setting for applications other than the axe?

Hey everyone,
Well i am a firm believer i am a midi idiot and suck at trying to figure this crap out.
I hooked up my 1010 with UnO chip installed to my Axe Fx last night for the first time.
When i would rock Exp A pedal the wah would trigger, but it just sounded like the wah was
at 127 the whole time. I can't figure out why it won't go from 0-127

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like you have configured things so that the pedal just bypasses/re-engages the WAH block, and not controlling the frequency. You probably assigned Pedal A to the #CC number assigned to Wah bypass. (been there, done that ;) )

I have things configured like this: (the #CC's and external numbers are just an example, use anyone you like)

In Ripwerx/FCB configuration
Pedal A is configured to #CC 4 (value1: 0 , value2: 127)

On the AxeFX:
attach #CC4 to external1
attach external1 to the frequency of the wah (select frequency parameter, hit enter, assign external1 to first value (i think it's Modifier, but I'm not sure, don't have the axe with me@work)).

This should already work, but you can adjust the curve etc etc to get better response.

When using autoenage: use shut-off 5% for heel down shut-off and 95% for toedown shut-off

With the UnO the FCB1010 displays the values it's pedals are sending when you rock them. Do they say any numbers other than 127? Does the midi light on the Axe-FX light up when you rock the pedal?
If they work as supposed you should look into the settings inside the Axe-FX.
If they don't you might consider recalibrating and checking if the fade on the foils underneath the pedals is actually in the right place.

Dutch said:
With the UnO the FCB1010 displays the values it's pedals are sending when you rock them. Do they say any numbers other than 127? Does the midi light on the Axe-FX light up when you rock the pedal?
If they work as supposed you should look into the settings inside the Axe-FX.
If they don't you might consider recalibrating and checking if the fade on the foils underneath the pedals is actually in the right place.

I checked the items you mentioned today.

The Midi light on the axe fx lights up when i rock it back and forth and the numbers on the 1010 go from 0-127

I'm going to look into it some more tonight when i get off work.

I have to say the fades on mine aren't exactly where they should be. One pedal does 0-10 in half an inch and takes the rest of the travel to get to 127. I need to set quite a curve on the modifier to get an even progression from heel- to toe-down. Like a mid at 25% and a slope of 57. It's awesome that the Axe will let me do that. Some owners of the FCB have printed their own foils to get even response.

Look to the modifier menu for movement on the scale.

Uno FCB1010

So after about a month of not using my FCB now the upper row lights dont light
up according to the programming on the presets. But still seems to work with my Axe-FX
and the presets still work and are setup like i programmed them using Ripwerx
but the lights dont light up. (they blink though, just to
clarify they blink when i press them not when i change presets)
And if a preset has for example a drive set to pedal 6 and i press it, it engages the drive
but it does not turn off on a second tap, and still no light.

Secondly I cannot get Ripwerx to communicate with the FCB no matter what....
its not my M-Audio Uno because that works just fine with the Axe-FX
I tried running iFCB as a test which is not uno compatible and it seemed to be able to
see the FCB although trying to program it results in a crash, but Ripwerx does not...

Is the FCB busted?....reading my post over the only thing I can think of that I havent tried is
resetting the fcb or flushing its memory or something...dont know how to even do it or know if
its possible but post here to see if someone else has any other ideas or suggestions.

Im using Ripwerx 2.1
on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.6.4

shasha said:
Here is the sysex with the utility/stompbox bank in case you want to look at it. It's probably a lot easier to look at than to read my jibberish.
Thanks a lot for this. It was a great start for me.

Help guys!!! I am about to throw the fcb out of the window. No mod version, stock.

I am attempting to use the fcb and axe fx like this:
- Assign axe fx presets to certain switches, which I have been able to assign in switches 1-5 with success.
- I want to simply flip through patches and use the expression pedals to control wah and vol.

However, I have done the following from the wiki about 20 times:
First, have the Axe-Fx recognize the expression pedal: go to I/O > Ctrl, and assign External1 to the expression pedal (use the Learn mode by pressing Enter). Select a preset and insert a WAH block. Enter Edit and go to to the Freq parameter. The block under Freq indicates that this is a parameter that can be attached to a controller. Press Enter and under Source select EXTRN1. The pedal has now become a wah.

Also when I try to do I/O - Pedals - Learn...it never finds anything?

and STILL cant detect what I am doing wrong. I tried the steps to set up the expression pedals from the fcb manual and still nothing. The LED's above the exp A and B are red. The midi light never lights up on the axe when I move them. The funny part is that I can switch through patches just fine.

Any help would help me from going absolutely crazy.

Stoneyman said:
Help guys!!! I am about to throw the fcb out of the window. No mod version, stock.

I am attempting to use the fcb and axe fx like this:
- Assign axe fx presets to certain switches, which I have been able to assign in switches 1-5 with success.
- I want to simply flip through patches and use the expression pedals to control wah and vol.

However, I have done the following from the wiki about 20 times:
First, have the Axe-Fx recognize the expression pedal: go to I/O > Ctrl, and assign External1 to the expression pedal (use the Learn mode by pressing Enter). Select a preset and insert a WAH block. Enter Edit and go to to the Freq parameter. The block under Freq indicates that this is a parameter that can be attached to a controller. Press Enter and under Source select EXTRN1. The pedal has now become a wah.

Also when I try to do I/O - Pedals - Learn...it never finds anything?

and STILL cant detect what I am doing wrong. I tried the steps to set up the expression pedals from the fcb manual and still nothing. The LED's above the exp A and B are red. The midi light never lights up on the axe when I move them. The funny part is that I can switch through patches just fine.

Any help would help me from going absolutely crazy.

Actually I have the FCB1010 with UNO and I'm having the same problem with the Axe-FX not "seeing" the pedals. I think I read somewhere over here that you might need to perform the pedal calibration procedure on the FCB1010 in order to reset it. I will try that later today when I am at my rig. The weird thing is that the pedals were working fine with my previous setup which had a G-Major as the effects unit.

I had the same problem until I calibrated the pedals WITHIN the fcb. I didnt use the 'learn' feature in the axe once with fcb.

Yep! Gotta calibrate using the steps on the 1010. Works great now.

Slowly but surely I am learning more each time I experiment with the fcb.

I have read through Voes' tutorials and through this whole thread, and haven't found anything that addresses this:

Is it possible to use the Up and Down banks to control, for instance, tap tempo and the tuner?

I am using the UnO..

Back
Top Bottom