FCB1010

Hey Voes, I'd been meaning to post a huge THANK YOU for this! Extremely helpful and time saving, it made setting up my FCB a walk in the park. Plus there's no way I would have thought to use the PC switches also for tap tempo using the 'block repetitive PC' setting. That's a great tip and works like a charm.

[edit] See voes's post below. [/edit]

GuitarDojo said:
Voes - where can you get the bin file to make your own eprom?
Available in the Files section of the Yahoo Group for the UnO (in the "UnO Firmware Information" folder). If you aren't a member of the group and don't wish to bother registering to have access to the Files section, PM me your email and I'll send you the PROM.

I installed my UnO firmware today in one of my FCB1010's and started playing with it with the AxeFX.

I wish I could have more than 5 stompboxes available...is that impossible?
I really only need three program changes, but seven stompboxes...

One good thing I was able to accomplish with this setup is having two amps in one patch; one enabled and the other bypassed, then one stompbox to toggle between the two; this allowed me to successfully do the spillover delay effect quite well as I wasn't leaving a program...I could just hit a big distorted chord, engage the long delay and as soon as it started repeating, I could disengage the delay, then step on the toggle stompbox to switch between amps in that patch and continue on with my clean tone while the distorted chord rang out.

Is there a better way to use one CC pedal as a wah so that it both turns the effect on when above a certain value and then works as normal as long as it's above that value? I don't like that I have to dedicate a stompbox button for toggling the wah on and off.

It seems my continuous controller pedals act different now, but I suppose that's just a feature of the UnO and my lack of understanding -- My volume pedal seems to no longer act like a volume pedal, it now sort of acts like a stompbox.
If I'm in Controller configuration, I hit "Learn" on the Volume Output and tap the volume CC pedal and it shows up as "7", which is right, because that pedal is set to be 7...but it then basically KILLS all signal coming out of my AxeFX and no amount of stepping on it will bring the signal back. I have to go back in to controller assignment and tell it that Volume Output is "NONE" --- so my volume pedal setting on the FCB1010 is screwed up.... I know it was something I did, but I've not grasped the way to program the 1010 without using a PC yet. I could program all day long on the controller without the UnO, but now it's different. I did hook it back up to the PC and tried to get the volume CC back to the way it was, but it didn't seem to like any of my changes...Hmm.

jimosity said:
I wish I could have more than 5 stompboxes available...is that impossible?
I really only need three program changes, but seven stompboxes...
Persistent (a large reason for UnO firmware) stompboxes? No. However, there's nothing stopping you from programming a CC to any of the pedals. Just that if you switch patches on the FCB, they won't persist (i.e. you'd have to program them for each FCB patch).

jimosity said:
One good thing I was able to accomplish with this setup is having two amps in one patch; one enabled and the other bypassed, then one stompbox to toggle between the two; this allowed me to successfully do the spillover delay effect quite well as I wasn't leaving a program...I could just hit a big distorted chord, engage the long delay and as soon as it started repeating, I could disengage the delay, then step on the toggle stompbox to switch between amps in that patch and continue on with my clean tone while the distorted chord rang out.
I still haven't gotten around to trying that, but it sounds like loads of fun. :D

jimosity said:
Is there a better way to use one CC pedal as a wah so that it both turns the effect on when above a certain value and then works as normal as long as it's above that value? I don't like that I have to dedicate a stompbox button for toggling the wah on and off.
On the Axe-Fx, in the Modifier menu for the Frequency parameter of the Wah block, use the Auto-engage parameter. Medium speed is usually about right.

jimosity said:
It seems my continuous controller pedals act different now, but I suppose that's just a feature of the UnO and my lack of understanding -- My volume pedal seems to no longer act like a volume pedal, it now sort of acts like a stompbox.
If I'm in Controller configuration, I hit "Learn" on the Volume Output and tap the volume CC pedal and it shows up as "7", which is right, because that pedal is set to be 7...but it then basically KILLS all signal coming out of my AxeFX and no amount of stepping on it will bring the signal back. I have to go back in to controller assignment and tell it that Volume Output is "NONE" --- so my volume pedal setting on the FCB1010 is screwed up.... I know it was something I did, but I've not grasped the way to program the 1010 without using a PC yet. I could program all day long on the controller without the UnO, but now it's different. I did hook it back up to the PC and tried to get the volume CC back to the way it was, but it didn't seem to like any of my changes...Hmm.
Like you suspect, it sounds like a calibration or configuration issue with the pedal. Recalibrate and reprogram, as you're already doing.

I'm using the UnO firmware in my 1010, setup exactly like these instructions here:
http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb1010% ... ftware.pdf

The only difference I've added is that I'm using stompbox 10 to send two separate CC signals so that I can basically A/B between two amps in a patch. (works awesome by the way)...

I got the wah working so that it comes on when it's used and bypassed when not in use (in heel down position).
My question is how can I get the tuner to engage when expression pedal B (volume) is all the way down?

Hey voes...

Can you take a look at my problem here and let me know if this is something that could be caused because I'm not sending PC on 2-5?
viewtopic.php?t=317

Also, I am only using CC#'s 26-31.
Is pitch somehow one of those numbers even though I have it set to NONE.

Basically, I'm wanting buttons 1-5 on my UnO 1010 to act as a normal 1010 where it sends regular old program changes...but still allow my to use 6-10 as stompboxes.

jimosity said:
Hey voes...

Can you take a look at my problem here and let me know if this is something that could be caused because I'm not sending PC on 2-5?
http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317

Also, I am only using CC#'s 26-31.
Is pitch somehow one of those numbers even though I have it set to NONE.

Basically, I'm wanting buttons 1-5 on my UnO 1010 to act as a normal 1010 where it sends regular old program changes...but still allow my to use 6-10 as stompboxes.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=317&p=3567#p3567

Hi,

may one of you solve the following problem:

when using the tap-tempo on second touch of the preset button the preset is recalled again, which means that I lost the choice of a stomp box! For a better understanding: I chose preset 3 (by pressing button 3), than add a delay stomp box (button 8) and afterwards press twice button 3 for the tap-tempo, the stomp box is deactivated!! Can you avoid this, or do I have to firstly chose the right tempo and then activate the delay?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Happy Metal said:
Hi,

when using the tap-tempo on second touch of the preset button the preset is recalled again, which means that I lost the choice of a stomp box! For a better understanding: I chose preset 3 (by pressing button 3), than add a delay stomp box (button 8) and afterwards press twice button 3 for the tap-tempo, the stomp box is deactivated!! Can you avoid this, or do I have to firstly chose the right tempo and then activate the delay?

Thanks in advance
Martin
via FCB w/ UnO firmware (not sure if it's available without UnO)...

Go to Voes's site, listed in the first post of this thread, go to the UnO section and download the User Guide (the "Use the UnO eprom (official)" link).
Follow the Global Configuration instructions and set Block Repeating PCs to On (LED 5 lit, in the first Global Config step).

...and/or...

via Axe-Fx...

I/O menu, MIDI page, turn Ignore Redundant PC on.

Happy Metal said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Martin

Hi martin,

unfortunaly you first have to tap the tempo and then activate the delay

the second time you step on preset 3 there will be no program change send (if you followed my instructions) but the state of the stomboxes will return to their original position.

voes said:
Happy Metal said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Martin

Hi martin,

unfortunaly you first have to tap the tempo and then activate the delay

the second time you step on preset 3 there will be no program change send (if you followed my instructions) but the state of the stomboxes will return to their original position.

Hi Patrick,

that's what I thought! But nevertheless you have done a great job on instruction, set-up work an sharing your experinece!

Thank you very much!
Martin

Ok, I just bought a FCB1010 on eBay with Uno already on it. Which MIDI cable do I need? 5 pin, 7 pin, 5 to 7???? MIDIot here

Back
Top Bottom