FCB1010

Tor said:
I have read through Voes' tutorials and through this whole thread, and haven't found anything that addresses this:

Is it possible to use the Up and Down banks to control, for instance, tap tempo and the tuner?

I am using the UnO..
you mean the Up and Down pedal switches on the FCB? If so, no.

Tor said:
I have read through Voes' tutorials and through this whole thread, and haven't found anything that addresses this:

Is it possible to use the Up and Down banks to control, for instance, tap tempo and the tuner?

I am using the UnO..

AFAIK that's not possible

Alright, thanks...

But that brings me to the next question, one that has been asked two times earlier in this thread: is it possible to engage the tuner through having the exp. pedal at the heel-down position?

Last night I used my fcb1010 (with un0 firmware) and axe at rehearsal for the first time. A couple of times the axe seemed to
randomly change patch without me doing anything, another axe user on another forum has said he has heard about
this before with the fcb1010 but I couldn't find anything about it.

BTW its also first time using the axe at rehearsals so I can't say its worked flawlessly with another floor pedal.

Anyone come across this before and any known workarounds?

tia

Tor said:
Alright, thanks...

But that brings me to the next question, one that has been asked two times earlier in this thread: is it possible to engage the tuner through having the exp. pedal at the heel-down position?
maybe?
but almost definitely not if you, as I'm guessing you do, mean to also continue to use the expression pedal for another function. my slight uncertainty is just because it's been a rather long time since I've used the FCB.

however, if you really want to, I'd bet that a MIDI Solutions product between the FCB and the Axe *could* translate the heel down position into another CC to activate the tuner while still passing the pedal's own CC.

how can I get the FCB (UnO) to stop sending tap tempo messages when I change presets? It only happens sometimes
and havent figured out when....but reaaaaaaally bad when trying to play live, which Im doing tonight again.
Global Settings (Disable Tap Tempo CC Mesage is on and Block Reptative PC Message Off.(or On doesnt matter)

godprobe said:
Tor said:
Alright, thanks...

maybe?
but almost definitely not if you, as I'm guessing you do, mean to also continue to use the expression pedal for another function. my slight uncertainty is just because it's been a rather long time since I've used the FCB.

however, if you really want to, I'd bet that a MIDI Solutions product between the FCB and the Axe *could* translate the heel down position into another CC to activate the tuner while still passing the pedal's own CC.

Bummer..

batlason said:
how can I get the FCB (UnO) to stop sending tap tempo messages when I change presets? It only happens sometimes
and havent figured out when....but reaaaaaaally bad when trying to play live, which Im doing tonight again.
Global Settings (Disable Tap Tempo CC Mesage is on and Block Reptative PC Message Off.(or On doesnt matter)
At the risk of stating the obvious, are you sending a CC bound to "Tempo Tap" on the Axe-Fx (I/O menu, Ctrl page)?

I just got a stock FCB1101 this week and took some time to play around with it and figured out how to program it to change presets or send CC messages to activate effects and what not.

I only care about using the switches to control effects by sending CC messages which works well but there's a "glitch" that I found.

Depending on the state of the switch, which I assume is meant as a Preset position and not a simple ON/OFF latching mode, I realized that it doesn't always send the proper message. Sometimes pressing the switch to turn OFF an activated effect, it will not turn OFF unless I press twice. The same happens with activating an effect especially if that switch is already ON.

All I want to know is, with a Stock FCB1101, is there a way to send CC messages in a way such that no matter the state of the switches on the FCB, can it send the proper message to the effect so that it alternates its state properly without having to press twice if the next CC message to be sent by the switch is the same as the state of the effect?

I can understand the logic behind how it works so I believe it's not so much a glitch as I'm just trying to do something it wasn't meant for.

I read on the Uno chip and stompbox mode but the info about it doesn't tell me if I'll run into the same problem using the Uno. The way I see stompbox mode working, it won't solve my problem, especially if I change patches manually or with something else than the FCB1101. I'm using a Boss FS-6 to increment or decrement the patches on my AxeFX At the moment.

I think because the controller doesn't know the state of the effect on the AxeFX that it's not possible unless I program Preset changes manually or create patches on the axeFX to solely rely on the Preset Change functionality of the controller.

If there's a way to do what I want to do that would be great.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

I've been setting up my FCB1010 and it works fine, but is there a way to have the AxeFX hooked up to my PC and the FCB1010 at the same time? If I try using the "THRU" jack on the FCB1010 then the AxeFX doesn't receive the PC signals. I tried it like this:

PC-> EMU 1x1 OUT -> FCB1010 THRU
FCB1010 MIDI OUT -> AxeFX MIDI IN
AxeFX MIDI OUT -> EMU 1x1 IN

SimonSez said:
I've been setting up my FCB1010 and it works fine, but is there a way to have the AxeFX hooked up to my PC and the FCB1010 at the same time? If I try using the "THRU" jack on the FCB1010 then the AxeFX doesn't receive the PC signals. I tried it like this:

PC-> EMU 1x1 OUT -> FCB1010 THRU
FCB1010 MIDI OUT -> AxeFX MIDI IN
AxeFX MIDI OUT -> EMU 1x1 IN
Yeah, but not with your MIDI adapter. I've been doing it with a MIDI Sport 2x2 with no problems. The Axe-FX has to be send the signals directly to the PC without going through another device or else the sysex data gets corrupted.

shasha said:
Yeah, but not with your MIDI adapter. I've been doing it with a MIDI Sport 2x2 with no problems. The Axe-FX has to be send the signals directly to the PC without going through another device or else the sysex data gets corrupted.

How would you hook it up with a 2x2? I think it's the fact that the PC signal is going through the FCB1010 before going into the AxeFX that is causing the problem.

Ok so after looking at the FCB1010 for almost a year I took a couple days off work and have a couple questions and a couple of helpful things.
Firstly
I'm on a Mac, with SL 10.6.4 all update date as of Oct 24 2010.
After trying and trying to get ripwerx running I, against my will, tried my wife's old wind tunnel PC and got some programming going.

Secondly while pulling what's let of my hair out and going deaf, I found this.
http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm
Installed on my Mac and now I can send midi dumps to my FCB 1010 from my Mac Pro
Yehaaww.

3rdly, I have reset the FCB holding down the 1-9 while booting to reset and 1-10 to enable stomp mode.

I downloaded and installed the default FCB1010.sys for the Axe a ways back in this thread

In ripwerx, I have S 6-10 off for program change, however when I look at the midi watch window, when I press 6 to 10 it shows up as PC 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, not stomps
I know I'm close because the lights don't stay lit as they do on 1-5.
I have the exp A and B working ok.

Anyone know what I missed?
Thanks
B

I had the same problem as you. I'm on Win 7 64 bit and my problem was in the midi interface I was using. I used a cheap (made in china) midi-usb interface that works for updating the axe firmware but it screws up the midi dumps I send to my fcb1010.

Fortunately I have a M-audio Delta Audiophile 2496 and got ripwerx working with it so now my midi dumps work to the fcb1010 that way. So I would check the midi interface.

seclusion said:
Ok so after looking at the FCB1010 for almost a year I took a couple days off work and have a couple questions and a couple of helpful things.
Firstly
I'm on a Mac, with SL 10.6.4 all update date as of Oct 24 2010.
After trying and trying to get ripwerx running I, against my will, tried my wife's old wind tunnel PC and got some programming going.

Secondly while pulling what's let of my hair out and going deaf, I found this.
http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm
Installed on my Mac and now I can send midi dumps to my FCB 1010 from my Mac Pro
Yehaaww.

3rdly, I have reset the FCB holding down the 1-9 while booting to reset and 1-10 to enable stomp mode.

I downloaded and installed the default FCB1010.sys for the Axe a ways back in this thread

In ripwerx, I have S 6-10 off for program change, however when I look at the midi watch window, when I press 6 to 10 it shows up as PC 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, not stomps
I know I'm close because the lights don't stay lit as they do on 1-5.
I have the exp A and B working ok.

Anyone know what I missed?
Thanks
B

While waiting for my FCB1010 (non-UnO) and Axe-Fx to arrive, I spent the entire week reading this thread, various PDFs, wiki and FAQ pages and so forth while taking extensive notes. I thought I had a fairly good handle on what I need to do but once I got the equipment and starting working with it I quickly realized I was in way over my head. After spending the last 3 hours in MIDI hell, I'm not even sure what I should be trying to fix first.

I guess my biggest problem at the moment is not being able to communicate between the PC MIDI editor (v2.99-2 by Ed Dixon) and the FCB. (I couldn't find an old Ripwerx version that works with non-UnO firmware.) In the MIDI Editor, I click on Receive SysEx then the progress bar appears, first trying to read the firmware version then the sysex info. The firmware field says "unknown version" and after trying to receive the sysex info an error box appears that says "Error - SysEx data NOT received from FCB1010 device". I tried to find a solution in the FCB manual but the way it's written it just adds to the confusion.

I'm going from the FCB to an Echo Gina3G audio interface - could this be causing the problem? I recall reading something about some MIDI interfaces garbling sysex data.

jma said:
While waiting for my FCB1010 (non-UnO) and Axe-Fx to arrive, I spent the entire week reading this thread, various PDFs, wiki and FAQ pages and so forth while taking extensive notes. I thought I had a fairly good handle on what I need to do but once I got the equipment and starting working with it I quickly realized I was in way over my head. After spending the last 3 hours in MIDI hell, I'm not even sure what I should be trying to fix first.

I guess my biggest problem at the moment is not being able to communicate between the PC MIDI editor (v2.99-2 by Ed Dixon) and the FCB. (I couldn't find an old Ripwerx version that works with non-UnO firmware.) In the MIDI Editor, I click on Receive SysEx then the progress bar appears, first trying to read the firmware version then the sysex info. The firmware field says "unknown version" and after trying to receive the sysex info an error box appears that says "Error - SysEx data NOT received from FCB1010 device". I tried to find a solution in the FCB manual but the way it's written it just adds to the confusion.

I'm going from the FCB to an Echo Gina3G audio interface - could this be causing the problem? I recall reading something about some MIDI interfaces garbling sysex data.

Update to my previous post: Axe-Edit will not communicate with Axe-Fx either, so at this point I'm going to assume the Gina3G is not a compatible MIDI interface.

jma said:

The factory chip will only send Sysex when you power on while holding down certain button(s), I forget which. One more reason to get the UNO. But, you can program everything on the unit itself, which is a good idea to learn anyway.

Yeah, I ordered the UnO but I didn't want to wait for it before learning the FCB. I finally figured out sysex transfers and I'll know that much more when the chip arrives. :)

Back
Top Bottom