FCB1010

Yeah, you should be able to do that with no problem. Just make sure that you tell the AxeFX to ignore redundant PC's or it will probably try to reinitialize the patch before you can set the tempo.

You may be able to program switch 10 to work how you want, the only caveat is that you'd have to program it for every bank on the FCB1010 as a CC# for whatever the tuner is programmed for. The other BIG issue is that you will no longer be on the same patch meaning that the footcontroller will think that you are on that preset and while it won't change the AxeFX's patch you will have make absolutely certain that you have N/C selected for the IA switches on everyone of those #10 patches or it's going to change your stompbox settings.

I could be mistaken, but looking at Ripwerx it looks like it's possible. Just make sure that you don't have any PC changes assigned to it. And the light isn't going to reflect the correct status for anything meaning that if it's on or off means nothing.

As for the wah pedal that's an easy solution.

Go to the AxeFX, hit the control button. Page over to the CTRL tab. Scroll down to External 1 (it can be anyone of the external controllers, I just prefer 1 for this). Assign it the same CC# that the wah pedal is programmed for on the FCB1010.

Now go into the wah block on the AxeFX in edit mode (you have to be in a preset that has a wah block and you have to do this for each patch). Scroll over to the frequency knob, hit enter, scroll down to AUTOENG, select something other than OFF (I prefer fast), go to OFF VAL and select either 5% or 95% (this determines whether toe up or toe down is the off position). And of course make sure that the SOURCE is assigned to the EXTRN 1 (or whatever you assigned the wah pedal to in the CTRL dialog). Hit the Store and then Enter buttons and you have a wah pedal that turns on and off anytime it's not all the way down (5%) or all the way up (95%).

Just make sure that you calibrate your expression pedals if it's not working right.

+1

Cool. thanks for the info. Would it make sense to make a different switch, other than #10 on the FCB as the tuner/mute switch? Is there an easier way to make the same switch be a dedicated switch for the tuner?

Also, I've heard that the patch switch can also be used as a tap tempo. So, if I click on switch #7 on the FCB and it brings up a clean blackface patch, i can press switch #7 again and create my tap tempo. And if I switch to #8 and it is my plexi patch, I can program #8, if it is already pressed/chosen as my patch, to be pressed again and used for tap tempo in that patch.

Is this possible?

Yes

Hi folks,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to programming MIDI controllers. I have the Axe-Fx Ultra and an FCB1010 with the UnO mod, and I use a Mac as my preferred computer to control stuff. I am completely lost as to where to start. I've tried looking through the forum, and Voes page, and while some things make sense, I'm really lost when it comes to actually setting it up. The main questions I have as of now are - is there a Ripwerx version for Mac? How do I set the CC numbers on the Axe (should they be set 26-30, or 6-10)? If anyone can point me to a page that shows me where to start from scratch, and if there is some Mac software that can help with setting it up, that would really help.

Thanks!

Not real sure about Mac. But the official site has some notes about it.

The latest version has this in the release notes:

Known to be compatible with the following computer operating systems:
* WindowsXP
* Windows2000 - Christopher Lewis
* WindowsME
* Macintosh (OSX v10.3) - Ben Witso (v10.3.8), anonymous (v10.3.9)
* Linux (Debian GNU/Linux 3.1) - Justin Rosander
Don't know if there was some kind of workaround, but basically it appears that it's an Apple issue with MIDI support in Java. The link above may make sense to you since you are a Mac user.

I know that I've seen other FCB1010 editors out there for Mac though; I just don't know the name of it.

I'll just say that the biggest issue with getting all of this stuff to work via MIDI (including the AxeFX) seems to hinge upon whether your MIDI interface enables large sysex transfers. There's a list of known good controllers in a sticky thread around here somewhere.

As for the numbering convention it doesn't really matter as long as it works for you and you can keep track of it.

FCB Stomp - Problem

Hi FCB Pros out there!

I finally managed to buy a FCB and learned how to set it up. Have a nice setup now with FCB & MidiBuddy. Everythink phantom powered. Very flexible in 3 settings.
1.) Only the MidiBuddy as before (10 buttons for program changes)
2.) Only FCB (10 buttons for program changes & 2 exp pedals)
3.) FCB & MidiBuddy (10 buttons on MB for PC and 10 buttons on FCB for CC & 2 EXP)

Very happy camper here.

Buuuuuut!

There is still a problem with the stomps. I'm on the stock Behringer firmware and programmed the CCs on Bank 0, every switch to engage and disengage the effect block. The PC are on Bank 1 to 10. Besides the issue, that the status of the stomps isn't shown (UnO can do, I know), I have the following problem:
Sometimes the corresponding effectblock is not reacting if I only press the switch once. On the second one it reacts. And on all the following. It's only with some of the CCs. Maybe it's because the first click sets the value to 100 and the second to 0. Some effect blocks should be disengaged to get the (i.e. boost) effect).
So maybe it's the answer to prove that and change the settings. Or is there a possibility to get a toggle which changes the status, no matter what it was? I assume UnO would be the way. Please confirm. 8)

Thanks for your time and passion to all of them who share. Great forum!

Edit: Ok. I figured it out. It was the problem with switching on / off. It's a bummer, that the FCB is not able to know the state of the effectblock. Or is there a way to?

Last edited:
Thanks, Shasha. I got it to work. Seems like Ripwerx works on a Mac too! I didn't know that.

As for CC numbers, I think I read somewhere that it's possible to assign the FCB1010 Uno modded stompboxes to the External Controllers in the I/O CTRL panel. The question is - is it possible to assign individual effects (e.g. delay, chorus, flanger etc) on a patch-by-patch basis to an external controller? For example, if I assign both Flanger and Phaser to stompbox 7 in the I/O settings, then turning that stompbox ON or OFF will engage/bypass both those effects simultaneously. Let's say I assigned stompbox 7 to External Controller 3 and stompbox 8 to External Controller 4 in the I/O settings. Then, can I "source" Flanger to External Controller 3, and Phaser to External Controller 4 and have them controlled by two separate stompboxes for a given patch? In a different patch, I might choose to "source" Phaser to EC3 and Chorus to EC4 and control those separately using stompboxes. Is this possible? Hope I'm making sense.

Another rookie question is - how do I get to that "source" value on a given effect. For Wah, for example, Voes explained it in his setup and it was easy to find (edit wah -->freq --> source --> External 1 etc.). How do I know where the "source" value resides for various effects?

Thanks!

Sometimes the corresponding effectblock is not reacting if I only press the switch once. On the second one it reacts. And on all the following. It's only with some of the CCs. Maybe it's because the first click sets the value to 100 and the second to 0. Some effect blocks should be disengaged to get the (i.e. boost) effect).
So maybe it's the answer to prove that and change the settings. Or is there a possibility to get a toggle which changes the status, no matter what it was? I assume UnO would be the way. Please confirm. 8)

Thanks for your time and passion to all of them who share. Great forum!

Edit: Ok. I figured it out. It was the problem with switching on / off. It's a bummer, that the FCB is not able to know the state of the effectblock. Or is there a way to?[/QUOTE]

I'm on your boat. It seems that if you push pedal #6 to turn something on (or off) and then you immediately push , say, pedal #7, then pedal #6 is reset to the default state so that when you push it again the fcb forgets you had given it that first push. So you have to push again. So, i concur with michl_666, if anyone knows a workaround, i'll give kudos!

Voes, thanks for your walkthrough, I got my FCB1010 on Saturday, and had it all programmed and working with the Axe in under 30mins. Legendary. The Axe-Fx just got better!

I'm on your boat. It seems that if you push pedal #6 to turn something on (or off) and then you immediately push , say, pedal #7, then pedal #6 is reset to the default state so that when you push it again the fcb forgets you had given it that first push. So you have to push again. So, i concur with michl_666, if anyone knows a workaround, i'll give kudos!
The Uno chip helps to get that whole thing undercontrol because it has stompbox mode in which you program which effects you want to be on or off when you activate a specific preset. It's not really getting the information from the AxeFX; it's initializing it when it's selected so the buttons and lights are right.

The Uno chip helps to get that whole thing undercontrol because it has stompbox mode in which you program which effects you want to be on or off when you activate a specific preset. It's not really getting the information from the AxeFX; it's initializing it when it's selected so the buttons and lights are right.

Ah, so it seems the uno chip IS necessary after all. I didn't want to get all geeky on myself but I guess I need it. Thanks for your input shasha.

made some changes to my FCB1010 today - I have incredibly bad depth perception, this will now help on dark stages :D

Attachments

• FCB1010.jpg
    FCB1010.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 66
Astronauts in the space station have asked me to ask you to tone it down a bit. It's distracting them.

made some changes to my FCB1010 today - I have incredibly bad depth perception, this will now help on dark stages :D

way back I used to color my fcb1010 also. nothing do to with depth perception, just being original ;)

Attachments

• fcb1010 yellow.jpg
    fcb1010 yellow.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 42
wow this looks promising as a gr8 alternative to the mfc for those of us on a tighter budget. I used to have the fcb (no uno chip)for my old digitech gsp1101 then got rid of it cuz I hate programming midi...but midi seems to haunt me still and I am wearing down to the point that i might as well learn it properly. this reference is awesome and to have a small application to program the fcb with a preset configuration tailored for the snax fx is just what the doctor ordered.

question: i haven't read all 37 pages of this thread...but is the program still current? mac compatible? or just pc?
i just ordered a mission pedal, spring loaded w/no switch to use as wah...would this be easy to integrate with the fcb?? or just have it in a separate jack on the rear of the axe?

question: i haven't read all 37 pages of this thread...but is the program still current? mac compatible? or just pc?

program is still downloadable on my site fcb1010 - UnO - Index. It's written in Java, so it should run on all platforms. But for specific question about Mac and Java I must pass.

i just ordered a mission pedal, spring loaded w/no switch to use as wah...would this be easy to integrate with the fcb??

AFAIK that's not possible

not possible to run via the fcb1010? I guess my question is if i can run them both at the same time...my mission pedal as dedicated wah and the fcb for everyitng else including the expression pedals for vol and whatever else. have the mission pedal connect directly to the axe fx and separate from the fcb1010...

If you can answer: the uno upgrade for the fcb1010, is there many different uno chips? when someone says I've got a fcb1010 w/uno upgrade is that the only one that is specific for the fcb? just looking on ebay and noticed a few there with the uno chip already installed but want to make sure, if buy one, that it has the correct uno chip. thx Btw voes, really awesome of you to spend all that time making a website with resources avial! top notch!

not possible to run via the fcb1010? I guess my question is if i can run them both at the same time...my mission pedal as dedicated wah and the fcb for everyitng else including the expression pedals for vol and whatever else. have the mission pedal connect directly to the axe fx and separate from the fcb1010...

That should work, no problem

If you can answer: the uno upgrade for the fcb1010, is there many different uno chips? when someone says I've got a fcb1010 w/uno upgrade is that the only one that is specific for the fcb? just looking on ebay and noticed a few there with the uno chip already installed but want to make sure, if buy one, that it has the correct uno chip.

AFAIK there's only one UnO chip available.

thx Btw voes, really awesome of you to spend all that time making a website with resources avial! top notch!

No problem, just be aware you have to buy me a couple of your fine cold beers whenever we meet ;)

Back
Top Bottom