FAMC Liquid Foot+ Axe-Fx III support

HI Everyone, I'm on 6.05 on a Mac and have almost everything working. However, I want the LF+ to pull the Preset names from the AxeIII as we move set lists around and I use Axe Edit frequently. However, I can't seem to get LF to pull them. It may be that I don't understand the new External Device Sync program. I thought I'd just sync Preset--> Preset but maybe not? I've pulled a screen shot. Any thoughts? TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-06 17.23.56.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-06 17.23.56.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 9
I believe the switch in the LF Editor is found on the global page in the "external device sync items" box: Preset Name Src. I could be wrong as I'm still wrapping my head around how the sync works and what it forces me into.

HI Everyone, I'm on 6.05 on a Mac and have almost everything working. However, I want the LF+ to pull the Preset names from the AxeIII as we move set lists around and I use Axe Edit frequently. However, I can't seem to get LF to pull them. It may be that I don't understand the new External Device Sync program. I thought I'd just sync Preset--> Preset but maybe not? I've pulled a screen shot. Any thoughts? TIA

What happens when you click sync to LF+ ?

It should start reading presets from the AxeFx III. A progress bar should display at the bottom of the window and you will see the presets changing on the AxeFx. It takes 10 seconds or more for the progress bar to move.

What happens when you click sync to LF+ ?

It should start reading presets from the AxeFx III. A progress bar should display at the bottom of the window and you will see the presets changing on the AxeFx. It takes 10 seconds or more for the progress bar to move.

Hi Rick,
When I click that it makes every preset in the editor whatever preset I’m currently in on the axe fx- so 384 instances of bassguy. The scene changes work on the pedal if I move to a different preset but the labels don’t change. I’ve put a ticket in at famc now.

Just returned from Germany last night. I was able to install the editor and firmware 6.05 and also upgrade my axe to firm 2.03

I backed up my Axe III system settings, and then I cleared all of my midi cc assignments, except for the 16 modifiers, which I assigned to CC16-31.

As I anticipated - you don't need to program or assign any CC numbers to the Axe III for it to work properly, except for the modifiers.
Oh, I assigned a CC to my input volume 1 so I could use an expression pedal, and output volumes 1 and 2, so I could sweep those as well.

Happy programming.

Just returned from Germany last night. I was able to install the editor and firmware 6.05 and also upgrade my axe to firm 2.03

I backed up my Axe III system settings, and then I cleared all of my midi cc assignments, except for the 16 modifiers, which I assigned to CC16-31.

As I anticipated - you don't need to program or assign any CC numbers to the Axe III for it to work properly, except for the modifiers.
Oh, I assigned a CC to my input volume 1 so I could use an expression pedal, and output volumes 1 and 2, so I could sweep those as well.

Happy programming.

Have you had any issues with Channels?

I have my Function 1 IA Drive 1 On/Bypass and Function 2 IA Drive 1 Channel set to Stomp, so I can select Channel A-D. If I have the button set to Toggle/Trigger, Toggle Only or Trigger only and hold down the button to select a channel, all my button LCD's go blank and I have to power cycle. When everything is blank I can't even hold down the 2 Menu or Page buttons.

I submitted a support ticket and included a video of the issue.

Hi Rick,
When I click that it makes every preset in the editor whatever preset I’m currently in on the axe fx- so 384 instances of bassguy. The scene changes work on the pedal if I move to a different preset but the labels don’t change. I’ve put a ticket in at famc now.

Your screenshot looks correct. I synced using a previous version. Haven’t tried syncing on v6.05 yet. Hopefully FAMC gets this sorted.

I don’t use my pedal the same way. I use LF presets. I have yet tried to really program anything.

I reported a bug yesterday. The song parameter, resend song programming with each preset press, does not appear to be working.

I also requested ia slots for 4 amp switches: boost, fat, cut, bright and the sat switch which has 3 positions.

No replies to either ticket.

I don’t use my pedal the same way. I use LF presets. I have yet tried to really program anything.

I reported a bug yesterday. The song parameter, resend song programming with each preset press, does not appear to be working.

I also requested ia slots for 4 amp switches: boost, fat, cut, bright and the sat switch which has 3 positions.

No replies to either ticket.

You can already do that with Sysex commands but the IA LCD won't sync in real-time when a preset is selected.

What would be really cool is if a command was added where we could provide the Sysex commands and the IA would sync in real-time but I'm not sure if the Axe-Fx III GET command queries those parameters. There's probably a different GET command for parameters like that and is how Axe-Edit III queries everything in a preset.

I did that with my axe II.

However, the last time I used midi ox to monitor the Sysex between axe edit III and my Axe III it was a continuous stream of messages and I lack the expertise to weed out the on and bypass for those switches and the off, authentic and ideal for Saturation.

I don’t need the status or confirmation as I don’t use that feature with any of my programming.

Do you have those sysex messages for the Axe III ?

I’d love to get them if you do.

Thanks

Tried again using Axe Edit, and Fractool. Fractool creates less SysEx traffic, and I thought I could zero in on the ON and OFF messages. I started and failed to capture the sysex message for turning boost on and off. Spent hours on this.

Can't do it. I'm fried right now from work, and my wife's health issues.

Anyone that is tech savvy that can help with this, I'm very interested.

Thanks

Tried again using Axe Edit, and Fractool. Fractool creates less SysEx traffic, and I thought I could zero in on the ON and OFF messages. I started and failed to capture the sysex message for turning boost on and off. Spent hours on this.

Can't do it. I'm fried right now from work, and my wife's health issues.

Anyone that is tech savvy that can help with this, I'm very interested.

Thanks

I've had the same issue with non-stop SysEx messages with the Axe-Fx III, Axe-Edit III and MIDI-OX.

Try asking a question in the Thread below. That's where I've gotten all my questions about SysEx answered.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-third-party-midi-spec.140602/

I've got my Liquid Foot happily up and running with the Axe III. I decided to stick with just scenes, tuner, tempo and preset up/down. Previously, I setup IA switches for my most used effects, but I've been finding that pre-built scenes works better for me.

If I happen to have some extra money some time in the future, I may still upgrade to an FC-12, but for now I'm more than happy with the Liquid Foot.

If anyone else is considering a Liquid Foot, my only critique is that the editor really feels slapped together. Graphics aren't great, and the thing has some annoying bugs that pop up here and there. I avoid using the songs feature because after I setup the controller, I prefer not to have to see the editor ever again.

Other than that, my experience with Liquid Foot has been pretty good. I've contacted support like 5 or so times over the last few years for various questions/bug reports/issues including a couple of repair requests. One when I first got the controller; a minor issue with one of the foot-switches not engaging correctly due to tolerances not being set quite right during assembly, and again when I stepped on the midi cable and broke the input jack. In all cases I've never had any issues getting a quick response and solution.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from FAMC Support? I've had an issue for over a month and they kept saying a new update would be released and then nothing. Then I finally got the response below:

We had a DDoS attack on our web ticket system. it took out our tickets while the web people stopped and blocked it. Some strange russian language thing with over 100k tickets. All tickets that are valid are coming in now. Sorry for the delay in responding.

I have my ON/Bypass on Function 1 and Channels on Function 2, but when I try to select a channel, all LCD's go blank and I have to power cycle.

Anyone else have this issue?

Here's a video of the issue:

I'm just really dumb about this stuff. I can't get the LF+12+ editor to talk to the Axe Fx III. I set the real-time sysex to ON on the III. It continues to say I must connect the III to LF+ prior to using wizard. HM. What am I not doing? The III is connected to the LF with 2 midi cables. I have the Mac connected to the LF USB. What else do I need to do to get the editor to see the III?

I'm just really dumb about this stuff. I can't get the LF+12+ editor to talk to the Axe Fx III. I set the real-time sysex to ON on the III. It continues to say I must connect the III to LF+ prior to using wizard. HM. What am I not doing? The III is connected to the LF with 2 midi cables. I have the Mac connected to the LF USB. What else do I need to do to get the editor to see the III?

I just replied to your post on the FAMC forum. Are you trying to sync/import all the Axe-Fx III Preset names into the LF+? You don't need to because the LF+ will sync the preset names in real-time.

The III doesn't talk directly to the LF+ editor software. Instead, you set the LF to communicate with the III via settings for IA's, presets, and a few global settings. Then, the LF pushes things like program changes, bypass states and channels, while pulling specific data such as tap tempo info, bypass states in a preset, and preset/scene names. You could then look at that data from the LF in the LF editor, using the "Complete System Transfer" menu (i.e. pulling the data from the LF into the editor).

But this is far from direct communication between the III and the LF editor; nothing changes in the editor in real time. And to be honest I didn't like the results more than manually programming the LF. What info do you want the LF editor to display?

joe

So wait, it doesn’t pull preset ads, songs, program changes.? I’m not sure what you’re saying because I’m driving. LOL!

OK yeah I think I understand you. I just need the presets from the Axe Fx. And then I can use the editor to edit all the songs and presets and all that stuff and then transfer those to the ax.

Back
Top Bottom