FAMC Liquid Foot+ Axe-Fx III support

I found 1 bug so far in the LF+ firmware 6.07.

When a preset is selected on the Axe-Fx III that doesn't have a Block like Drive 1 for example, but your LF+ Page has an IA for the Drive 1 Channels, the foot switch LCD will display -------- and get stuck showing -------- even if you select another Axe-Fx III preset that does have a Drive 1 Block. The only way to correct the issue is to power cycle the LF+.

I've reported the bug to FAMC Support but their Ticket system is having issues, so I'm not able to open my tickets to see responses or send replies.

I found 1 bug so far in the LF+ firmware 6.07.
I've reported the bug to FAMC Support but their Ticket system is having issues, so I'm not able to open my tickets to see responses or send replies.

I did sent them a ticket 2 days ago and had a very quick answer by mail, so I think the ticket system is working.
6.07 is working great for me and amazing ! I have to say that upgrading from 5.10, I love the new easy way we can program switches now. I am a fan of the channel selection too, so good!!!
Makes me wonder if I should go for the FC or if I should just stick with my LF+12+.
My pros and cons for keeping the LF+12+ now are :

Pro : More compact and lighter than FC12
Pro : More programming options (things that I do now that I can't with FC)
Cons : Switches not fast enough for tight use of looper (works great with external switches though)
Cons : Two midi cable + power adapter
Cons : have to use the editor whereas with FC I would program everything directly on the axe.

I did sent them a ticket 2 days ago and had a very quick answer by mail, so I think the ticket system is working.
6.07 is working great for me and amazing ! I have to say that upgrading from 5.10, I love the new easy way we can program switches now. I am a fan of the channel selection too, so good!!!
Makes me wonder if I should go for the FC or if I should just stick with my LF+12+.
My pros and cons for keeping the LF+12+ now are :

Pro : More compact and lighter than FC12
Pro : More programming options (things that I do now that I can't with FC)
Cons : Switches not fast enough for tight use of looper (works great with external switches though)
Cons : have to use the editor whereas with FC I would program everything directly on the axe.

Are you able to go to the FAMC Ticket page and click on your ticket and open it? I'm able to create tickets but can't open or reply to tickets. It just opens the same page in a new window.

Here's the link https://www.famcmusic.com/support-tickets/

On Wednesday February 13, 2019 FAMC Support said they would be releasing the firmware update that night. On Thursday February 14, 2019, they said they had to pull the firmware update because of a bug that was discovered but it would be corrected and released by 3pm EST.

Today is Friday February 15, 2019 and no replies or updated firmware :mad: My FC-12 purchase notice can't come "soon" enough!

It's definitely frustrating at times to be an FAMC customer. But the product really is fantastic. I've had the LF12+ since I got my Axe II back in 2012, and it's been reliable and stable for me overall. I do worry about the possibility a change in the Axe MIDI protocol might break compatibility during a period when they're not being responsive, but so far that hasn't happened, and he always comes back after awhile to continue enhancing things.

I like what he's done with the v6 platform and the integration with the Axe III. It may not be quite as seamless as the FC would be, but it works quite well. I may still ultimately switch to the FC 12, or maybe even the 6, but after trying v6 now for a few weeks I'm not sure. I think the LF is now a great platform for the III as well.

Form factor wise I really do like the 4 x 3 size of the LF 12 as well. My gear is a very tight jigsaw puzzle to get into my trunk. I could probably make it work, but the FC 12 would likely require moving up from the PedalTrain 2 if I want to keep two expression pedals.

FAMC, RJM, and perhaps some others sell boxes that can solve that problem and let you continue using a single 7 pin MIDI cable to the Axe. I think someone here was offering to build them too. FAMC's is cheaper but out of stock, but the two input version on RJM's site should work fine too. I built my own. It's not too hard if you're good with a soldering iron, though it's lots of tedious small connections, and I had to get a bigger drill bit than I had on hand for the panel mount MIDI connectors. I made two short (18 inch or so) MIDI jumper cables to run from the Axe's MIDI in and out to the box, with right angle connectors on the Axe side so they can stay plugged in and not get damaged when I shove cables in the back of the rack. Then I velcroed the box to the side wall of the rack.

It's definitely frustrating at times to be an FAMC customer. But the product really is fantastic. I've had the LF12+ since I got my Axe II back in 2012, and it's been reliable and stable for me overall. I do worry about the possibility a change in the Axe MIDI protocol might break compatibility during a period when they're not being responsive, but so far that hasn't happened, and he always comes back after awhile to continue enhancing things.

I like what he's done with the v6 platform and the integration with the Axe III. It may not be quite as seamless as the FC would be, but it works quite well. I may still ultimately switch to the FC 12, or maybe even the 6, but after trying v6 now for a few weeks I'm not sure. I think the LF is now a great platform for the III as well.

Form factor wise I really do like the 4 x 3 size of the LF 12 as well. My gear is a very tight jigsaw puzzle to get into my trunk. I could probably make it work, but the FC 12 would likely require moving up from the PedalTrain 2 if I want to keep two expression pedals.

@bkrodgers Do you have this issue with LF+ firmware v6.07 and Axe-Fx III firmware 3.01?

When a preset is selected on the Axe-Fx III that doesn't have a Block like Drive 1 for example, but your LF+ Page has an IA for the Drive 1 Channels, the foot switch LCD will display -------- and get stuck showing -------- even if you select another Axe-Fx III preset that does have a Drive 1 Block. The only way to correct the issue is to power cycle the LF+.

@bkrodgers Do you have this issue with LF+ firmware v6.07 and Axe-Fx III firmware 3.01?

I haven't tried out 6.07, both due to time and since it sounded like they were going to have a new release coming soon.

The FAMC owner Jeff posted an update on Friday March 1, 2019: https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-general-support/ia-led-for-tuner/#post-3885

I can confirm that the next firmware does have this visual indicator so long as you leave the tuner block display parameter OFF. You will find this parameter too the right of the tuner device selection and it is called "Blk Display".

GotMetalBoy; I don't check this forum as often as I should. I will begin doing that as of next week most likely.

The next firmware has many of the final changes for the v6 platform and I know it has taken a while. There are many items that needed attention within the base platform that had to go from beta to final. I plan to release the new editor and firmware this weekend based on knowing I am down to 3 more smaller items left for today. The editor should be ready on Sunday.

I want to personally thank everyone whom had helped find the remaining issues within the v6 platform. It is and was much appreciated. There were over 200 changes internally and hopefully most of those changes were unnoticed by the users. There will be other bugs found from time to time and those will be updated within hours or a day upon finding them now that the base platform is completed.

This new firmware platform will open up more opportunities for the LF+ line of controllers going forward. New devices, new expander modules and even new accessories. Additionally this will allow the LF+ series to act as expanders for the X-Series of controllers. The LF+ series will see new additions to its line-up as well. Only the LF+ 12+ version is discontinued from the product line. It will be replaced by the X-Series 16.

Again, thank you to everyone whom participated in the beta process.

Regards,

Jeff

Hopefully well actually see these changes this year! :mad:

As I said earlier I can't get LF to communicate with the III. Now I can't get it to communicate with the Mac. I'm giving up. I might use it for foot controller for Ableton Live. But if it's not talking to Mac, then all bets are off. Maybe I have to do that terminal thing again? I was hoping the latest updates fixed that.

I've been running a modified version of GotMetalBoys programing (Thanks again for sharing!!!!) and haven't had communication problems since getting it back from FAMC (everything worked except it wouldn't update to new firmware only able to modify programing).
I noticed a VERY weird issue with the editor though and am wondering if any of you have noticed it as well? ON the EDITOR (with or without the lf+ connected) when I switch to the looper page and back to the main page it changes the buttons from scene 1 - 4 to looper controls. If I reload the programming from either the computer or lf+ it's correct until I go to the looper page and back. I'm on 6.05 and have been holding off on updating until the new firmware drops. I've submitted a ticket, but haven't received a solution.

As I said earlier I can't get LF to communicate with the III. Now I can't get it to communicate with the Mac. I'm giving up. I might use it for foot controller for Ableton Live. But if it's not talking to Mac, then all bets are off. Maybe I have to do that terminal thing again? I was hoping the latest updates fixed that.

I don't know anything about Macs but FAMC posted about an issue with the drivers with a workaround yesterday.

Mac OS-X Mojave / High Sierra Driver Issue? https://www.famcmusic.com/forum/lf-editor-support/mac-os-x-mojave-high-sierra-driver-issue/

I've been running a modified version of GotMetalBoys programing (Thanks again for sharing!!!!) and haven't had communication problems since getting it back from FAMC (everything worked except it wouldn't update to new firmware only able to modify programing).
I noticed a VERY weird issue with the editor though and am wondering if any of you have noticed it as well? ON the EDITOR (with or without the lf+ connected) when I switch to the looper page and back to the main page it changes the buttons from scene 1 - 4 to looper controls. If I reload the programming from either the computer or lf+ it's correct until I go to the looper page and back. I'm on 6.05 and have been holding off on updating until the new firmware drops. I've submitted a ticket, but haven't received a solution.

Would you mind sharing your programming? Also, which LF+ do you have PRO+, 12+, JR+ or Mini?

I've had all sorts of strange things happen with the new v6 firmware. I'm currently using v6.07.

Do you use Mac or Windows? I had an issue updating the firmware but I can't remember how I fixed it. Just wondering how long did it take for FAMC to fix it and was it a hardware issue?

@GotMetalBoy
I'm running a Jr+ (still dream about a 12+) with Windows 7 professional. I'm running 6.05 as I thought 6.1 would be out soon :)

I think it was there for only a day or two. It's weird, but they claimed it was a battery replacement. Prior to shipping it to FAMC, Jeff called me at home and spent about an hour on the phone having me try multiple things prior to determining that it would need to be sent in. I thought this was very cool, especially considering I bought the pedal used.

As for the current situation: . I received a message that there was a bug in the firmware that would be fixed for the 6.1 release (no time-frame given), he said that the problem was an IA-MAP forced on page 3(looper) and it should have reset it to IA-MAP #01. My programming (very slightly tweaked version of yours) is working fine according to Jeff. It's been doing what I want. I'm going to make some further tweaks now that I don't have to worry about corrupting the programming on the pedal itself.

As to your blanking out issue that is only reset by powering down the pedal, I had something similar happen. I discovered that one (or maybe 2) of the foot switches would make contact with the back of the case. My simple solution was to use electrical tape and haven't had the issue since. Have you tried to move the channel switch to another physical switch to make sure it is the programming and not the physical switch? Here's a copy of my programming that's only slightly different than what's currently in my pedal.

Attachments

• AxeIII Mine newer yet.syx
    611.3 KB · Views: 5

@GotMetalBoy
I'm running a Jr+ (still dream about a 12+) with Windows 7 professional. I'm running 6.05 as I thought 6.1 would be out soon :)

I think it was there for only a day or two. It's weird, but they claimed it was a battery replacement. Prior to shipping it to FAMC, Jeff called me at home and spent about an hour on the phone having me try multiple things prior to determining that it would need to be sent in. I thought this was very cool, especially considering I bought the pedal used.

As for the current situation: . I received a message that there was a bug in the firmware that would be fixed for the 6.1 release (no time-frame given), he said that the problem was an IA-MAP forced on page 3(looper) and it should have reset it to IA-MAP #01. My programming (very slightly tweaked version of yours) is working fine according to Jeff. It's been doing what I want. I'm going to make some further tweaks now that I don't have to worry about corrupting the programming on the pedal itself.

As to your blanking out issue that is only reset by powering down the pedal, I had something similar happen. I discovered that one (or maybe 2) of the foot switches would make contact with the back of the case. My simple solution was to use electrical tape and haven't had the issue since. Have you tried to move the channel switch to another physical switch to make sure it is the programming and not the physical switch? Here's a copy of my programming that's only slightly different than what's currently in my pedal.

@warlockII

I loaded your programming and have the same issue with the LF+ Editor Pages getting stuck on the Looper IA-Map in the lower right. I didn't load it into my LF+ but it should work correctly bc the IA-Map menu in the lower right is supposed to be for visual reference only and the Force IA Map menu in the lower left is what will cause an IA-Map to change when changing pages.

Hopefully the new firmware and Editor will be released sometime this month. I've been told by FAMC many times for the past 3 months that the update would be coming out the next day ....still waiting!!!

On March 1, 2019 3:59 pm Jeff even said on his forum "I plan to release the new editor and firmware this weekend based on knowing I am down to 3 more smaller items left for today. The editor should be ready on Sunday" (March 3, 2019).

I finally threw in the towel. You can't say I'm not loyal. I hung in for years when I couldn't get it to work. I finally got the FC-12 and it's awesome. So simple and perfect, obviously. I haven't sold the LF+12+ just yet. I'm going to set it up for Ableton Live 10. I don't use it too often. It might be overqualified. Let's see.

Back
Top Bottom