Don't Overlook Smoothing

So someone, early in this thread asked this question but I did not see an answer.
Will this "smoothing" feature be available in the FM3?
If I missed the answer, sorry, I did look thru the whole thread.
Thanks

So someone, early in this thread asked this question but I did not see an answer.
Will this "smoothing" feature be available in the FM3?
If I missed the answer, sorry, I did look thru the whole thread.
Thanks
It is not currently available on the FM3's CAB block.

I'm a new owner (nine days now!) of the Axe FX 3 Mark II and FC12. I've always felt like the IR you use is so much more important than what one might imagine; I always get the feeling that I should match an IR to my guitar, something that has the character of grit I want with my guitar, then just find an amp / drive (if necessary) that works for the context of that moment. I'm so glad I went for the Axe FX 3 over the FM3, because I discovered very quickly that I love pumping the Smoothing up on any cab, that it just gets this grind in the tone that's just right for me. I'll then add some Proximity to taste. This Smoothing feature is absolutely incredible. I'm not sure what inspired this part of the design, but I'm so grateful for it's existence here. In general with the Axe FX, for the first time in my life, I'm playing without feeling like there's something in my tones that's bothering me, something that distracts me so much from just playing freely and focusing on music over issues better left to sound engineers like obsessing over some bothersome frequency or terrible amp behavior that doesn't feel right. I can't describe how unbelievable this feeling is; truly unreal. My thanks to Cliff and his fellow engineers who make this happen. Of course the Smoothing is just a part of this magic, but I had to find out more about it; it's such a tremendous thing to me. Happy Playing, everyone!

First day with my AF3 MarkII and after a couple of hours of messing around with it, I got to say, wow...smoothing is my favorite setting so far, at least of the ones that the AF2 doesn't have. Call me crazy but so far... 👍

First day with my AF3 MarkII and after a couple of hours of messing around with it, I got to say, wow...smoothing is my favorite setting so far, at least of the ones that the AF2 doesn't have. Call me crazy but so far... 👍
AxeFx II had it, it was just called dephase

Because you didn't rtfm? :)

In fairness, I seem to recall the Axe FX II manual being quite a bit to take in at the time I got into all this too. Guessing I will have missed a lot in the Axe FX III manual too. It has been a long voyage of musical discovery, but without buying countless amps, speaker cabs and effects pedals to figure out if I have a good use for them.

Liam

Good morning everyone, I don't mean to hijack the thread. Is there something similar to this on the FM3?

Good morning everyone, I don't mean to hijack the thread. Is there something similar to this on the FM3?

There is no smoothing control at the FM3

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cab_block

"The FM3 has the same Cab block functionality as the Axe-Fx III, but provides a single Cab block instead of two, supports two IRs instead of 4, and some functionality has been left out, including smoothing and adjusting the length of IRs "

Back
Top Bottom