• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Discovered today that PEQ knobs can accept modifiers, despite lack of little yellow circle in AxeEdit3

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Right-clicked on a couple PEQ knobs in AxeEdit3 and the modifier panel showed up, despite there being no visible evidence in AxeEdit of the knobs being capable of accepting modifiers. :)

Made a nice PEQ block that sorta-kinda does the F/M compensation bit in either direction, as well as chopping off LF rumble and HF zizzies using the suggestions in the recent video by @2112 as a guideline. It fairly decently (but not perfectly) makes presets sound less thin when played quietly, or, conversely, makes them sound less boomy and shrill when played loudly. Centering the knob/pedal makes the pass band flat. Currently it is set up for FC1 Pedal #2, but could be controlled by any controller knob one has available....

Pedal/knob at minimum pulls back the "boom" and "shrill" by up to 5dB and 3dB, respectively:

Conversely, Pedal/knob at maximum adds "fullness" and "presence" by up to 5dB and 3dB, respectively:

Might need to put a knob in a box and plug it into one of the rear controller pedal ports on the AxeFX3 itself to give it a dedicated knob, unless my wish for a performance screen controller knob is granted....

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Interestingly, I looked at the PEQ page in the AxeFX itself, and the UI there does not seem to have a useful way of attaching the modifier to the EQ band's gain, Q, or frequency. The numbers move in the displayed table of values when the pedal/knob controlling them is moved, but there's no way to get to it via the front panel, at least that I can find.

https://v-z-a.com/sites/v-z-a.com/files/20200703_145539.mp4

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Tried copying the block and pasting it into another preset. The modifiers don't get copied with the block. :confused:

Beginning to wonder if it is an AxeEdit bug that it even let me put the modifiers on to begin with, but if it is, it's a really useful bug that deserves a bit of polish and coordination in AxeFX3 firmware to become a feature....

@Michael Pickens you might be interested in this....

...and this:
Output B Phase also allows attaching a modifier without a little yellow circle on the knob.

This is a long-standing wish of mine, so please make it an official feature! :)

Last edited:

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Going to investigate every knob without a yellow circle and see what can be done with them. :grinning:
Have done some investigation across a number of blocks, and it seems all the knobs that don't have a yellow circle are allowing modifier attachment.

Some of these are useful, and would be great additions to the "officially sanctioned" modifiable knobs/switches.

I could see using the level control in the cab block to pull back the ribbon mic IR a few DB while leaving the 57 IR alone and simultaneously boosting the overall preset level to give a bit more presence and low end control on lead boost....

Last edited:

Fractal Fanatic
You can trim a loop with your pedals!

Try attaching a random LFO to the trim start and trim end! Here's a little sample including a random LFO assigned to reverse and half speed - it glitches in a few places where the min and max overlap but that's part of the fun IMO.

Or use a synth, arpeggiator and harmoniser to generate chords (see attached patch).

Attachments

• Drunk Organist.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

gigawatt

Experienced
Try attaching a random LFO to the trim start and trim end! Here's a little sample including a random LFO assigned to reverse and half speed - it glitches in a few places where the min and max overlap but that's part of the fun IMO.

Or use a synth, arpeggiator and harmoniser to generate chords (see attached patch).

Suddenly a gathering of humpback whales have surrounded my house...

Piing

Fractal Fanatic

Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict - on steroids

Top Bottom