Discovered today that PEQ knobs can accept modifiers, despite lack of little yellow circle in AxeEdit3

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
Right-clicked on a couple PEQ knobs in AxeEdit3 and the modifier panel showed up, despite there being no visible evidence in AxeEdit of the knobs being capable of accepting modifiers. :)

Made a nice PEQ block that sorta-kinda does the F/M compensation bit in either direction, as well as chopping off LF rumble and HF zizzies using the suggestions in the recent video by @2112 as a guideline. It fairly decently (but not perfectly) makes presets sound less thin when played quietly, or, conversely, makes them sound less boomy and shrill when played loudly. Centering the knob/pedal makes the pass band flat. Currently it is set up for FC1 Pedal #2, but could be controlled by any controller knob one has available....
Screenshot%202020-07-03%2011.32.05.png

Screenshot%202020-07-03%2011.32.10.png

Screenshot%202020-07-03%2011.32.20.png

Pedal/knob at minimum pulls back the "boom" and "shrill" by up to 5dB and 3dB, respectively:
Screenshot%202020-07-03%2012.56.23.png

Conversely, Pedal/knob at maximum adds "fullness" and "presence" by up to 5dB and 3dB, respectively:
Screenshot%202020-07-03%2012.56.34.png

Might need to put a knob in a box and plug it into one of the rear controller pedal ports on the AxeFX3 itself to give it a dedicated knob, unless my wish for a performance screen controller knob is granted....

Interestingly, I looked at the PEQ page in the AxeFX itself, and the UI there does not seem to have a useful way of attaching the modifier to the EQ band's gain, Q, or frequency. The numbers move in the displayed table of values when the pedal/knob controlling them is moved, but there's no way to get to it via the front panel, at least that I can find.

https://v-z-a.com/sites/v-z-a.com/files/20200703_145539.mp4

Tried copying the block and pasting it into another preset. The modifiers don't get copied with the block. :confused:

Beginning to wonder if it is an AxeEdit bug that it even let me put the modifiers on to begin with, but if it is, it's a really useful bug that deserves a bit of polish and coordination in AxeFX3 firmware to become a feature....

@Michael Pickens you might be interested in this....

...and this:
Screenshot%202020-07-03%2015.15.45.png
Output B Phase also allows attaching a modifier without a little yellow circle on the knob.

This is a long-standing wish of mine, so please make it an official feature! :)

Last edited:
Going to investigate every knob without a yellow circle and see what can be done with them. :grinning:
Have done some investigation across a number of blocks, and it seems all the knobs that don't have a yellow circle are allowing modifier attachment.

Some of these are useful, and would be great additions to the "officially sanctioned" modifiable knobs/switches.

I could see using the level control in the cab block to pull back the ribbon mic IR a few DB while leaving the 57 IR alone and simultaneously boosting the overall preset level to give a bit more presence and low end control on lead boost....

Last edited:
You can trim a loop with your pedals!

Try attaching a random LFO to the trim start and trim end! Here's a little sample including a random LFO assigned to reverse and half speed - it glitches in a few places where the min and max overlap but that's part of the fun IMO.

Or use a synth, arpeggiator and harmoniser to generate chords (see attached patch).

Attachments

• Drunk Organist.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Try attaching a random LFO to the trim start and trim end! Here's a little sample including a random LFO assigned to reverse and half speed - it glitches in a few places where the min and max overlap but that's part of the fun IMO.

Or use a synth, arpeggiator and harmoniser to generate chords (see attached patch).

Suddenly a gathering of humpback whales have surrounded my house...

Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict - on steroids

Back
Top Bottom