Didnt have time to finish. Is it good?

Apparently most here aren't aware of guitar and studio legend Les Paul?

He did all kinds of tricks like recording with the tape at half speed and then playing back at full speed.

It's art, people... You either like the content or you don't.

If you don't, that's ok.

Yes, I find the armchair analysis and venom from you lot abhorrent. It serves no real purpose other than denigrating someone else's art.

You can be a positive force in the world or you can be...well...this thread.

I didn't denigrate anybody's art. I'll repeat myself just so we're clear. I said that if anybody (I didn't reply to any post directly, I used the royal "you") has a musical vision or idea they want to convey, then however they can get it onto tape and into the listener's brain, more power to them. Then I mentioned that the main caveat to that, something that does bother me, is when people blatantly try to fool people into thinking they are capable of performing at a level they aren't actually able.

I don't exactly consider that opinion "venomous" or even controversial. And again, I didn't even direct those thoughts at the youtube guy or anybody in particular. I was simply participating in a thread that had progressed (or veered) into a discussion about the "morals" of recording techniques as they relate to instrumental virtuosity, and I gave my opinion. On a discussion forum about music.

Go ahead and re-read my original post if you want. Maybe instead of doubling down on your ridiculous position that I'm some big awful jerk for sharing a generalized opinion (which is just as valid as your own or anybody else's, by the way), you should reflect on your own "venom" you're putting into this thread.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand all the vitriol here.

Who cares if he sped it up? Who cares if it's honest? It's a fun clip.

Plenty of people edit their vids. And plenty of people don't. It feels a little snippy to knock something down because of either one. DID YOU ENJOY IT?

Jeez.

Fin.

R

I love Ichika's stuff. He's also in a band called Ichikoro that is absolutely awesome in my opinion.

Also, regarding the "fake" argument....

I agree with those saying whether it's fake or not is completely irrelevant. The thing that matters is whether you like it or not. You don't like it? Fine. That doesn't mean it sucks. It's music and it's 100% subjective.

Yes, I find the armchair analysis and venom from you lot abhorrent. It serves no real purpose other than denigrating someone else's art.

You can be a positive force in the world or you can be...well...this thread.
Nothing reveals people's butthurt over their own lives quite like trying to belittle the hard work of others.

This conversation reminds me of 2 things:

Jason Richardson (who's music I don't care for, this is just an observation) has said that since he plays at blistering speeds, he wants to hear how something he's thinking of will sound, before he invests the time to actually learn how to play it, so he uses some type of tech to record it at the speed he wants. Then, if he likes it, he learns how to play it at that speed. Pretty cool approach to shredding.

And 2, a lot of what we state on forums is an opinion (when in the context of debate, i.e., not for things like how to get a certain sound to sound a certain way, or how an amp does X), but ya still sorta know (or should know, haha) which types of comments need to be prefaced with "imo." ;)

Not liking something and being butthurt are two different things. To claim otherwise is a straw man. I can dislike a fake-sounding sped-up video without being any of the nasty adjectives loosely thrown about here.

There is no weaker rebuttal to criticism than to attribute jealousy or malice to the critic. You don't know their motives, period.

Who has a "pitchfork"? Who is "weird", "obsessed", "abborhent" or "jealous". Based on what? An expert psychological evaluation? No one here has insight into another's mind. Stop insulting people and pretending that you do. Please.

I find sped-up video agitating. I find pitch shift artifacts agitating. I find fast shutter speeds agitating. I'm sure that my Asperger's has something to do with it. I find watching and listening to all of the above an unpleasant experience. But I'm not butthurt, jealous, obsessed, or abborhent. At least, I don't think so. Weird, maybe.

This is conjecture.

The kid posts his practice sessions so you can see how hard it works to do this.

Unreal what a bunch of adults will do to tear a kid down on the internet.

That’s not a story to tear down a kid , that’s the story that the first video of this topic is FAKE . If they have fun playing slowly and edit everything to sound “perfect” , to me is just a lie, and it sound like **** 😅. When we were teens, we played punk and bad, but we weren’t fake . This generation is bleached .
just a point of view .

That’s not a story to tear down a kid , that’s the story that the first video of this topic is FAKE . If they have fun playing slowly and edit everything to sound “perfect” , to me is just a lie, and it sound like **** 😅. When we were teens, we played punk and bad, but we weren’t fake . This generation is bleached .
just a point of view .
So, when the Edge plays cool syncopated lines using a delay then it's fake?

He didn't actually play all those notes. They are a lie! A really good guitarist could simply play all the notes.

In fact, I recently read a column in a guitar magazine by Jason Richardson about how he had an idea to write something that way. He recorded a part with a dotted 8th delay. Then he sat down and learned how to play it without the delay turned on

Also, see here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/didnt-have-time-to-finish-is-it-good.173605/post-2103131

Backwards guitar? Hendrix was fake!

Adrian Belew? Definitely fake!

Joe Satriani - The Wind in the Trees? Totally fake - he used autotune on guitar!

You guys are being ridiculous... You slather on effects like suntan lotion and claim others are fake.

If you don't like the art, fine. Just say it. There's plenty I don't like. Art is subjective.

Last edited:
Good points! Kinda tagging onto that line of thinking, just how amplification changes the tone could be an example, since people can sometimes like a song specifically because of how the guitar sounds amplified, but not like it if it's played on acoustic. I'd say rebutting your comments will be pretty difficult. Seems to me the medium isn't all that important as the ideas in ones head.

So, when the Edge plays cool syncopated lines using a delay then it's fake?

He didn't actually play all those notes. They are a lie! A really good guitarist could simply play all the notes.

In fact, I recently read a column in a guitar magazine by Jason Richardson about how he had an idea to write something that way. He recorded a part with a dotted 8th delay. Then he sat down and learned how to play it without the delay turned on

Also, see here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/didnt-have-time-to-finish-is-it-good.173605/post-2103131

Backwards guitar? Hendrix was fake!

Adrian Belew? Definitely fake!

Joe Satriani - The Wind in the Trees? Totally fake - he used autotune on guitar!

You guys are being ridiculous... You slather on effects like suntan lotion and claim others are fake.

If you don't like the art, fine. Just say it. There's plenty I don't like. Art is subjective.
Please … don’t compare using a delay and play the song at half tempo and speed up x2 to fool people in YouTube . Please .

this is just first time I read “musicians” liking fake playing.
playback, now recording at half speed… this is the cancer of music . With luck you are part of the 0,01% of musicians calling this art. 🤣
Can wait to see these guys playing live with sequences. I hope they don’t forget to unplug their jack to be even more ARTISTS 🤣🤣

squier need to change their slogan
“Stop dreaming, start playing” to : “stop playing, start cheating” 🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom