Didnt have time to finish. Is it good?

Plenty of well-loved album tracks have been speed up and slowed down before pressing. Plenty of famous album solos are composed from clips to make a final product.

Let's not overlook the backwards messages loaded with Satanic references. ;)

And aren't virtually all of David Gilmour's iconic solos, including "Comfortably Numb,"
comped together in the studio like you mentioned??

Plenty of well-loved album tracks have been speed up and slowed down before pressing. Plenty of famous album solos are composed from clips to make a final product.

Is Hendrix loathed for all that backwards guitar he didn't actually play backwards?
Nothing to compare between doing a momentary effect and faking a whole song while speeding your playing … you are digging your own grave like we said in my country 😅.
anyway man , no problem . I ve seen most of my « idols » live and were not faking it . I prefer see mistakes 10 times .

I think the important distinction here is that most people are offended by what they perceive as the performance being fake, not the music being fake. It's one thing to edit waveforms and tweak effects to get a sound that you want; it's quite another to post a playthrough video to make it look like you're playing something that you can't really play in real time.

I think the important distinction here is that most people are offended by what they perceive as the performance being fake, not the music being fake. It's one thing to edit waveforms and tweak effects to get a sound that you want; it's quite another to post a playthrough video to make it look like you're playing something that you can't really play in real time.
Plenty of posts on this site do multi-camera angles and are clearly mimed. These are not videos played in realtime. The pitchforks and internet sleuths don't come out in droves for those posts. This is something special, the internet sleuth dissection and anger that gets aimed at this one, particular person.

Should everyone have to disclose in detail how they make their videos for to be "acceptable" by the masses? I don't think so. Because it's art. And it doesn't matter.

Please … don’t compare using a delay and play the song at half tempo and speed up x2 to fool people in YouTube . Please .
Did he post and say "here is a play through in real time"? Or did he merely post a piece of art for people to appreciate (or not)?

You seem certain his goal is to trick people into thinking he's capable of doing something he can't. I disagree.

And why not compare speed change to delay? Both are "effects" or "tricks" to make something sound different (better?) than what was actually played.

Anyway, keep your opinion... I have mine and I'm not changing it because as I said, it's art and is subjective.

Wow finally . Thank you . I believed I was in a third dimension with aliens in a moment . 😅

Zero interest watching people doing 30 takes for each parts and choosing the best ones .
covers are great when they are done in one shot, live, without a single edit. With this you see what the guy really can do.
changing the tempo in the computer is another step, that’s the extra ball, the « I have no face » guy 😅 . Then everyone do what they want for sure ! Just when I see this I smile And skip the video as soon as I see it .

Well, he did post it as a video with him posing as playing the thing. Or should we see it as video art?

Just wondering how far you can go. Say i take a vai track and cut the last 5 seconds. Now i record myself miming it and then post the thing without explanation. Comments are filled with 'whoa awesome playing'. Still art?

Well, he did post it as a video with him posing as playing the thing. Or should we see it as video art?

Just wondering how far you can go. Say i take a vai track and cut the last 5 seconds. Now i record myself miming it and then post the thing without explanation. Comments are filled with 'whoa awesome playing'. Still art?
It’s not your own music though…so it’s not your “art”. It’s like doing your own version of Mona Lisa.

Well, he did post it as a video with him posing as playing the thing.
No one has offered any proof that it's anything but genuine.

On the topic of it being mimed, Bakerman came the closest with a timestamp and opinion that the notes rang longer than they appear to be held.

But anyone in the "it's sped up camp" has simply relied on the "well, I can hear it" and then denegrated anyone else who disagreed with them instead of doing the work to prove their hypothesis.

In the absence of proof, taking it at face value is not only the correct thing to do, but ultimately the harmless thing to do because, as I've said repeatedly, it's art and children around the world aren't going to starve and die because it may or may not be a live performance that's manipulated in post production. In the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant.

Proving “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” this thread has provided a bunch of hits on the videos, like them or not.

What are presented here are opinions. The personal attacks because people don’t see things as you do are unnecessary, disappointing, and lessen the forum. Just my opinion.

Let's not overlook the backwards messages loaded with Satanic references. ;)

And aren't virtually all of David Gilmour's iconic solos, including "Comfortably Numb,"
comped together in the studio like you mentioned??

Indeed. He played the solo 3-4x then they just faded in the sections they dug, which is how he’s done a ton of his solos. Even the solo on PULSE is an edit of the original. Really clever how they pulled that off, too.

Funny, I remember back in the day, I was listening to Vai’s “Rescue Me Or Bury Me” and at some point in the solo he unleashes a fury of notes, to which my dad said, “I wonder if he’s speeding up the tape. He knows all kinds of studio tricks...I dunno Andy, I think you’re aiming too high and these guys are using tricks. You’re setting yourself up for failure.”

Man, I wish someone told me when I was young to never listen to my dad. All those damn times he told me I was setting myself up for failure were just moments where he realized he was incapable of doing something while projecting it on me. Shit’s got me in therapy now! :D

Back
Top Bottom