D00d, s'riously... o_0

Couple of years ago I watched some other videos of him, including the series with Howard Dumble, (yes, THE Howard Dumble), and I couldn't find one that had anything of discernible melody or chord structure...

But he's been around for a while and appears to be a known person in the music world... He somehow made enough money to be able to at least afford a Dumble amp and even to get Howard Dumble, Mr. Reclusive himself, to appear in a video that looks as if it cost a bit to fabricate...

Just looked at the wiki on him. I guess he is doing something right. I just haven't found any of it on YouTube.

Seriously, with all the great jazz and/or experimental players out there today......Pat Metheny, Kurt Rosenwinkle, Larry Carlton, Ed Bickert, John Scofield, Lee Ritenour, John McLaughlin, Nels Cline. Why does Henry Kaiser get any attention at all? Apparently, he's played on a ton of albums and has endorsements. WTF?

Last edited:
i didn't want to make that other guy jealous in his own thread covering this song, but sorry man. andy kills it.

I don't much listening to this guy struggle to play his instrument half as much as I mind listening to others ripping into him.
What's pathetic to me is the total lack of compassion. I'm simply ashamed.

me too

I'm not a big fan commenting on how badly someone plays an instrument or sings... bad form for commenting

He's putting his videos up. He's starting to say "this one is pretty good."

And he's not struggling at all I think. He really thinks he's nailing it.

I wonder what he'd say if someone compassionately tells him "you really aren't playing the right notes at all. You aren't playing the notes you think you are playing."

And if that Facebook page isn't fake, he teaches lessons. Come on now. He teaches lessons.

I wonder what he'd say if someone compassionately tells him "you really aren't playing the right notes at all. You aren't playing the notes you think you are playing."

And if that Facebook page isn't fake, he teaches lessons. Come on now. He teaches lessons.

look man, unless you know someones background its usually best not to say anything. You really don't know what his circumstances are, and depending, he might actually be doing something extraordinary. Something like that happened to me before.

Of course there are exceptions. The guy who was on this forum a week ago asking us to fund his xbox one was a total lamo and needed to be told that

Guys. Don't say anything. :)

But I feel that relative to "normal" (yes that's a dangerous word) music and guitar playing, I'm allowed to say that to me that seems very wrong and not pleasing to my ears.

If it's an extraordinary circumstance, honestly it should be said. He's not posting "beginner guitarist's first solo." If he did, I may have instead thought "wow this kid's rhythm is great, notes need some work." Actually, my first comment did say his rhythm is ok.

He has a choice to post that in the internet for everyone in the world to see. That allows people to voice their opinion. Trust me, I am very understanding about beginners in any industry. I teach basic computer and tech devices, a bit of guitar and drums, etc. I'm very patient and understanding with beginners who approach things with respect. But if someone is like "I've been playing for 3 months and I've mastered the instrument" (not saying this kid said that) then I have no problem critiquing a master.

Last edited:
How could he teach? That cannot be real! Please god in heaven, say it ain't so!

He's RICH. Was born rich. And has used his $ to purchase fame.
Seriously, with all the great jazz and/or experimental players out there today......Pat Metheny, Kurt Rosenwinkle, Larry Carlton, Ed Bickert, John Scofield, Lee Ritenour, John McLaughlin, Nels Cline. Why does Henry Kaiser get any attention at all? Apparently, he's played on a ton of albums and has endorsements. WTF?

Ok, I've been playing for almost 30 years now but I'm obviously out of the loop. Who is this Henry Kaiser guy, and is he for real? or is it some kind of joke? Like those over dubbed shred videos. I don't like slagging on anyone but those videos are horrendous. It has to be a joke.

According to his wiki, Kaiser apparently played on some 150 albums, made 35 of his own and collaborated with a great number of well known peeps.
He must do or have done something right. But I haven't found anything on YouTube that I could relate to. I'm not saying there isn't anything, but I haven't seen it. I'm quite sure he will find my paying excruciatingly boring. He does seem like a very nice guy and extremely enthusiastic. And from some of his playing one can tell that he is definitely not tone deaf, he chooses to play the way he does.

I must admit I'm somewhat intrigued at the phenomenon of his success. How in the world...?

About the boy... He's been playing for two years and electric for 8 months on his most recent vid... He asks commenters be nice because he knows he's not playing very well. I'm pretty sure that in two years I knew when I played a wrong note. I seem to think I knew that right away, just didn't know the right ones fast enough.

But ripping into him is not very cool of us.

About the boy... He's been playing for two years and electric for 8 months on his most recent vid... He asks commenters be nice because he knows he's not playing very well. I'm pretty sure that in two years I knew when I played a wrong note. I seem to think I knew that right away, just didn't know the right ones fast enough.

But ripping into him is not very cool of us.
As the OP I guess I owe some people an apology then.
I must stress out that my original post was not about someone playing terribly bad, but about entering international contests with such a bad playing. I was also fascinated with that level of tone deafness, something I've never seen before. I'm sorry to find this funny (like I find the Farelli Brothers movies funny, yes I assume that), although my goal was not a call to everyone to rip on him. That would be cruel if he was a member of this forum but he's not and he's not even aware of its existence. Him asking commenters to be nice is not related to this thread but to a facebook post on a group here in Mauritius. Long story short, he got slammed in that post for insulting everyone, admins included, that were trying to help him and put him on the right track. That was after my OP, btw

Time to let that thread die, I guess

He does come off as the Andy Kaufman of guitar, doesn't he? He's probably sitting on billions of dollars. Throw enough money at people and I'm sure you can make almost anything happen. Those solos of his defy transcription.

According to his wiki, Kaiser apparently played on some 150 albums, made 35 of his own and collaborated with a great number of well known peeps.
He must do or have done something right. But I haven't found anything on YouTube that I could relate to. I'm not saying there isn't anything, but I haven't seen it. I'm quite sure he will find my paying excruciatingly boring. He does seem like a very nice guy and extremely enthusiastic. And from some of his playing one can tell that he is definitely not tone deaf, he chooses to play the way he does.

I must admit I'm somewhat intrigued at the phenomenon of his success. How in the world...?

Back
Top Bottom