Countdown 0.5...

I'm happy for Fractal and there new product. I still love my Axe FX V.1. I'm not very happy that I don't see a release of Axe Edit. Did I miss something?

Man I am so pissed about this handling of previous customers. I am selling my Ultra (see classified section).

Ofcourse I want the Axe II, but I have to think twice giving Fractal my money a third time.

I am going to try the Kemper.

That's a bit early for selling our Ultras no ?
I think AxeFx2 won't be sent to buyers before 1 month at least...
And European buyers might not see their before 3 months...
If everybody sells hit ultra, of course it's price will fall :(

I don't own products by companies who's business ethnics I don't like. I sold all my Gibson Historics when Henry started acting up.

From G66
-----------
Waiting List
The price will be EUR 2.299 including VAT (1.931,93 excluding VAT). Please email info@g66.eu to get on the waiting list - everybody who was already on the Axe-Fx or Ultra waiting list will automatically be moved to the Axe-Fx II waiting list.

Last edited:
I don't own products by companies who's business ethnics I don't like. I sold all my Gibson Historics when Henry started acting up.

Poor business ethics! Seriously? WTF! Fractal Audio are, hands-down, the best company I have ever purchased a product from, period! Their commitment to their customer has been amazing, I've had my AxeFX over 3 years and loved every minute of it, updates have come thick and fast to add new features but it sounded great in the first place. v11 has blown me away yet again, the AxeFX I will live on and you can either come top terms with the fact that a new product exists or move on! Piece!

Spence

Well Cliff, I promised to say "Thank You" if you gave us a firmware update, so Thank You. I do mean that. I loaded it, but haven't tried it yet. The improvements you describe are exactly the things my band mates were telling me were missing in my tone. Thats part of why I stuck with the 4 cable method. So this may help push me to Axe Fx only.

The new unit looks really good. I've been wanting an Axe Fx for studio only, and this may end up being it. No rush here though. Just waiting for the funds to come. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my Standard tomorrow at practice as much as I did last week.

Thanks Cliff.

I bought one of the first ultras-version 3. something and during this time it has improved by leaps and bounds. I definitely got my moneys worth. I'd be happy to play through it forever as I've barely scratched the surface.
Fractal always said the Ultra has plenty of room for firmware upgrades and now we read "it has reached maturity".

End of life for all us early adopters. FUCK

The Axe 2 beta testers insist, that they sold Axe 1 just in time because it has so great value compared to Axe 2.

Do you really think your buyers are that stupid!?

I hope they sue you! Not to give the info about a already happend dramatic drop in value although the sellers knew it, is at its minimum "problematic" from a legal view.

I hope they sue you! Not to give the info about a already happend dramatic drop in value although the sellers knew it, is at its minimum "problematic" from a legal view.

Quite simply. Fractal Cannot be sued for releasing a new product and being secretive about it. Sorry. The terms and conditions of sale are plain to see on the FAS web store and at G66. 15 day return policy. So if you have an Axe-Fx purchased within the last 2 weeks, send the sucker back and get an Axe-Fx II.

Beyond that. Quit whining. Your ultra/standard are still the 2nd/3rd best guitar processors in the world...and still leaps and bounds above everything else on the market.

The Axe 2 beta testers insist, that they sold Axe 1 just in time because it has so great value compared to Axe 2.

Do you really think your buyers are that stupid!?

Sue you? SUE YOU?

For what? Under what specific U.S or anyone elses for that matter law is Fractal under any obligation to keep people informed about the perceived market value? This isn't anything remotely like insider trading if that's what you're infering.
Smells like sour grapes to me tbh.

Sue? Give me a break. But before that please provide us all with an answer as to what legality is at stake here.

Poor business ethics! Seriously? WTF! Fractal Audio are, hands-down, the best company I have ever purchased a product from, period! Their commitment to their customer has been amazing, I've had my AxeFX over 3 years and loved every minute of it, updates have come thick and fast to add new features but it sounded great in the first place. v11 has blown me away yet again, the AxeFX I will live on and you can either come top terms with the fact that a new product exists or move on! Piece!

Spence

Yeah totally agree! I have bee on-board since version 6.xx 2+ years. Some of the updates have addressed bugs, extra stuff and so on but a few of the updates have had such an impact felt like I was getting a new unit at times.

Not fractal! The beta tester who sold the unit! The beta tester knew his offer is problematic but could not resist.

Last edited:
Not fractal! The beta tester who sold the unit!

Even better. What specific legal obligation did the seller have to inform you about a possible impending second hand value drop? Consider that he probably was under a heavy NDA to begin with.

Not fractal! The beta tester who sold the unit!

What an opportunistic approach. Talking about unethical...

So there are a few people who invest a lot of time and knowledge (without getting paid) to help people on this board.

And these people invested time, and didn't get paid, to help further develop the Axe-Fx. Other users profit from this.

And if those few persons (note: facts are unknown) decided to sell their unit in advance, you want to see them punished for that?

It's infantile jealousy at play here.

Simple: Asking for the real price and not a fantasy price. I would sue him, win and compensate for the loss.

You haven't stated what you would sue him for. A second hand price can be whatever he wants it to be. He is under no legal obligation to tell you shit frankly.
But good job undermining a person who's donated his time to improve the products we on this forum enjoy.

What an opportunistic approach. Talking about unethical...

So there are a few people who invest a lot of time and knowledge (without getting paid) to help people on this board.

And these people invested time, and didn't get paid, to help further develop the Axe-Fx. Other users profit from this.

And if those few persons (note: facts are unknown) decided to sell their unit in advance, you want to see them punished for that?

It's infantile jealousy at play here.

+1

Back
Top Bottom