Countdown 0.5...

All the speculation of a more powerful ultra comes without any consideration that unless a new processor has been released, there is not really a way to make a "faster, more powerful" unit. Cliff has been on the record many times saying that more processors wouldn't really improve anything. Has a new processor been released? Not to my knowledge. If a then b, if b then c..... a=c=there is not a faster more powerful unit coming out. The only reason for speculation is as to what exactly will be in the stripped down version that we all know cliff has been on record about. Axepc would be a terrible business move unless h wants a behringer axe fx out in two months and the software to be all over bittorrent. Support for pc hardware ala UAD cards takes a lot more manpower than a standalone unit because you have to deal with any number of hardware combinations with any number of drivers. Axe pc just isn't a logical move. Axe manage is also on the logical list of things to be released Monday. Seems like a no brainer. 2 days and the mystery is over.

Latest Intel processors advance embedded DSP and SBC system design

I bet the bandwidth of this site has gone through the roof the past week compared to regular weeks.

I hope the server hangs with it Monday

I question myself: Would i swap with Chuck Norris, ehh.... Cliff? I question myself: Is it tragedy or amusement beeing the leader of all us excited followers? :roll

Does this sound familiar?
The Intel “Tick-Tock” model strikes the hour: Core i7 processors waste no time in expanding the reach of Serial RapidIO into embedded military SBC and DSP system designs.

In the spirit of reusing existing engineering to build products that make more people happy my official prediction is: Combo amp with AxeFx electronics and FRFR speakers in one unit. I hope I'm wrong because this wouldn't excite me in the least, but I think it would excite a lot of people and seems a natural product progression.

humdrum and uninspired .... sorry ... make a hole in the atomic and pull the axe in ...

"
WHAT IF...?
What would happen if this person were to sit down again right now and develop something new? Now that the amps to be simulated can simply be bought and analyzed at leisure in a lab. With the technology of 2011 and all the experience gained over the years. In these new, optimal conditions."

This statement on G66 has got me more excited than my first promise! Mr. Chase, your such a tease, (also just like my first promise) :D

Oh boy. Just when I was relaxing into the opinion that it was not a next gen Ultra. Was Cliff's "tick, tock" with countdown 2 a veiled reference to this new i7?

Ah, but read the article... is it a 'tick' (new processor technology) or 'tock' (new micro-architecture on existing processor tech)?

'Tick-tock' more refers to how Intel develops, not a specific processor (like the i7). If this was indeed a reference to this method of development, a new firmware (the tock) built on existing architecture (the initial tick) would make more sense to me as an analogy.

Last edited:
Ah, but read the article... is it a 'tick' (new processor technology) or 'tock' (new micro-architecture on existing processor tech)?

'Tick-tock' more refers to how Intel develops, not a specific processor (like the i7). If this was indeed a reference to this method of development, a new firmware (the tock) built on existing architecture (the initial tick) would make more sense to me as an analogy.

I hope so. The article mentions the SHARC processor but doesn't seem to say that the new i7 exceeds it in performance - more like now x86 architectures can compete. Anyone know what the facts are here?

Doubting he'd release a product that only current gen MacBook pro owners could run.

Windows users can buy sandy based processors as well; I know because I've been spec'ing out a new system the last few weeks in order to run...oh yeah I got to keep my mouth shut. :razz

Seriously though just because the minimum system requirements are lofty doesn't mean that it wouldn't happen if you ask me.

Quite honestly it's a good thing I have a sense of humour, as this otherwise seemingly insolent carrot dangling could be construed by many as an immature act of self pontification. If I were to judge a person's character on whether they actually "got off" on something like this - 1000's of seething blokes on line, waiting the beck and call of Master Cliff, completely driven by maniacal meanderings - I'd say fuck off to the owner and move my shit elsewhere.

Bigger people, with bigger money, with bigger problems, NO time to waste; and NO tolerance for bullshit.

Just saying, careful if this is just that... Things can backfire.

V.

Back
Top Bottom