Countdown 0.5...

Even if it IS a new improved Axe-Fx Ultra...why would anyone think the price for used is going to plummet?

I am sure there will be an initial flood, but once that is over I think the depreciation will be mild.

Fractal can't keep Ultras in stock right now, so why would they lower the price

If anything, the new unit will be MORE expensive and even farther out of the reach of many people.

But I still hope it is mind blowing firmware...and the Axe-Edit!

Windows users can buy sandy based processors as well; I know because I've been spec'ing out a new system the last few weeks in order to run...oh yeah I got to keep my mouth shut. :razz

Seriously though just because the minimum system requirements are lofty doesn't mean that it wouldn't happen if you ask me.

I just built a system off the new sandy bridge. OC's to 4.8ghz. A couple of the new OCZ vertex 3 SSDs. The system smokes!

2 more days... this thread is killing me...

What with all the speculation on what it could be, i'm going to go insane.

I just hope the "surprise" lives up to the hype...

It's well known that tone is really in the player's fingers. If something revolutionary is coming along, it must be a finger modeler!

Quite honestly it's a good thing I have a sense of humour, as this otherwise seemingly insolent carrot dangling could be construed by many as an immature act of self pontification. If I were to judge a person's character on whether they actually "got off" on something like this - 1000's of seething blokes on line, waiting the beck and call of Master Cliff, completely driven by maniacal meanderings - I'd say fuck off to the owner and move my shit elsewhere.

I've noticed that people who really have a sense of humor don't waste their time pontificating as to whether or not they would tell someone to 'fuck off' for what is essential nothing more then a marketing scheme to excite their user base... something pretty much every company does.

I just built a system off the new sandy bridge. OC's to 4.8ghz. A couple of the new OCZ vertex 3 SSDs.

Phew!! I've got the i7 920; I used to OC it to just under 4ghz, but after getting just one SSD brought it back down to stock speed; Multiple SSDs and a 4.8GHz sandy bridge must open applications before you even can click on them!

Oh...clever! I see what you did there :D. But it can't be Axe-PC because Cliff said everyone would be happy, and Axe-PC doesn't do anything for me lol :p . Oh well! Lol

Last edited:
Not sure I'd want that preset. :lol: It's kind of hard to play once you go into rigor mortis.

Yeah, I'm thinking Guthrie Govan fingers might be a better choice. Then I can play anything and John Suhr will give me a free guitar to play in all my videos...

I bet it does. 3 frickin' SSD's? I was contemplating one. :razz

2 SSDs (240GB ea.), 2 WD raptor 600GB, an 1 1TB spin pointI also got a external eSATA enclosure for a RAID 5 setup (4 - 1TB drives fro 3TB capacity). :)

Back to your regularly scheduled show.

Back
Top Bottom