Countdown 0.5...

Lots of people have mentioned/predicated a separate hardware unit for cab sims...

But that would be a pain, because then in every preset you'd have to have an effects loop block and mess with levels...

Unless the cab extender magically send DSP data over one of the digital input ports (s/pdif or AES)

But what he came up with knocked users' socks off and blew the competition away. Cabinet simulations based on quick recordings in music shops and amp sims modeled entirely from circuit diagrams – this was par for the course at the beginning, but thanks to imaginative algorithms and powerful hardware they still sounded better than anything the modeling world had previously offered. In fact Fractal Audio's technological head start was so huge that rival companies were soon relegated to market gap-fillers. Innovation has always been the primary focus and driving force behind Fractal Audio, and thus the Ultra was presented in 2006 even before the first Standard models were available in Europe.

Meanwhile Fractal Audio has acquired all the things it was missing at the beginning: the technical possibilities, the development capital, the requisite infrastructure and a network of business partners. All this is now readily available. Countless enthusiastic users scattered across the globe and many of them regularly propose ideas for improvements. Thousands of inputs contribute to Cliff Chase's wealth of experience.

New CAB section, new dynamic technology
in partnership with Redwirez

I WANT IT

:roll

Lots of people have mentioned/predicated a separate hardware unit for cab sims...

But that would be a pain, because then in every preset you'd have to have an effects loop block and mess with levels...

Unless the cab extender magically send DSP data over one of the digital input ports (s/pdif or AES)

SPDIF and MIDI will merge the two boxes.
The new box will have whatever connectors you need...... USB, headphones, XLR, second SPDIF MASTER OUT/IN

I WANT IT

:evil

Last edited:
I played with my standard today, something a lot of you guys did not do for a while judging by the time and energy involve in this thread. Whatever this next big thing is, my magic little black box gives me everything I need. Now, if it's something that takes that a step further, I might be interest, I think the selling price vs. do I really need it will be a major point to consider...

I WANT IT! I don't even know what it is yet, but I've got an Ultra and an MFC. Already sold off my amps, I'm committed to FAS! :D

My guess was and still is a new major firmware update. here are the new amps sims I think might end up in there: Marshall Jose mods, Peavey 5150 Cameron mods, Mesa Lonestar special, both channel,(this one has been on request for a while), ADA MP-1, Carvin Legacy (this one to please Mr.Vai himself) and some new FAS customs models. I'm pretty sure an analog delay or tape delay should be in there as well. But you folks are right, even with all those new add on, it do not justify a countdown and the whole marketing thing around it. There is something else, we'll know very soon...

OK, what happened in the last 5 days? I took the magic pills, as promised, and now I'm fully awake! Ready to roll as well!!! Got an epiphany though: the NEW thing is 50+ more amps, unlimited user cab interfacing, a final and unbeatable Axe-Manage, accompanied by a fresh and brilliant firmware, and all that--for free for the guys like me that already bought the Ultra. Yummy!!!!

I'm utterly baffled, but excited.

I'll throw one more bit of speculation in here (like we need more!).

Perhaps Mr. Peterson's 2-headed snake picture is not so random as he would want you to believe.........

I certainly would assume he might have been sent a beta copy.

What's the betting that the server collapses on Monday... FAS under a virtual Distributed Denial Of Service attack from its half-crazed users. Then we decamp to g66 and crash their site.

Blame it on 'Anonymous'.

What is killing me is I'm out of town on a buiseness trip until Tuesday, Axeless! I will have to wait another 3 days knowing what I'm missing, so cruel...

Ok, I will throw my hat in the ring.

I predict it will be a successor to the Ultra- twice the processing power, more user cabs (that can be named), USB, no digital out, two stereo fx loops and more knobs on the front with a larger display.
I also predict an major firmware update that applies to all products with more amp models, more cabs, a better looper, more efficient DSP.
Lastly the overhaul of Axe Edit with midi merge allowing full functionality of MFC101 whilst connected to a laptop to faciliate quick patch edits mid-gig (Macbook Air would be fantastic for this), a better Axechange and various other improvements in the area of effect block management (including namable effect block presets that can be easily loaded and exchanged between patches).

No Axe PC (ever, actually).

If this doesn't all come to pass then you have my permission to horsewhip me naked through the streets of London with me wearing nothing but a gas mask and a cock-ring, (although this actually describes my usual saturday night).

Last edited:
I understand the anticipation and curiousity about this.

What I don't understand is people worrying about their AxeFX devaluating, or not having the cash to buy the alleged "Ultra 2".

My Ultra does everything I need and more, that won't automagically change on monday, whatever the new thing is. And perhaps it will devaluate...but why would you want to sell it? It will not become obsolete and utterly useless on monday. It will do the same stuff it did a year ago, today...and next year. If it was killer a year ago, it will still be killer next year.

Ok, there might be some guys that are maxing out their Ultra's, and that actually NEED more power/memory for whatever they are doing, but I'm guessing that's a small minority of all the users.

...my 2 cents, let's get back to the madness of the countdown.

..."should I sell before the end of the countdown to ensure that I get a reasonable price for my ultra So that I can actually afford to buy a new version? But what if I sell and the announcement isn't for a new axe at all, then I'll lose money buying a new axe and I'll have to wait for a replacement"

You must be referring to Axegeddon

Ok, I will throw my hat in the ring.

I predict it will be a successor to the Ultra- twice the processing power, more user cabs (that can be named), USB, no digital out, two stereo fx loops and more knobs on the front with a larger display.
I also predict an major firmware update that applies to all products with more amp models, more cabs, a better looper, more efficient DSP.
Lastly the overhaul of Axe Edit with midi merge allowing full functionality of MFC101 whilst connected to a laptop to faciliate quick patch edits mid gig (Macbook Air would be fantastic for this), a better Axechange and various other improvements in the area of effect block management (including namable effect block presets that can be easily loaded and exchanged between patches).

No Axe PC (ever, actually).

If this doesn't all come to pass then you have my permission to horsewhip me naked through the streets of London with me wearing nothing but a gas mask and a cock-ring, (although this actually describes my usual saturday night).

or this:

ultra2.jpg

Before you ask, no I am not a professional photoshop graphics designer.
Hard to believe, I know.

I played with my standard today, something a lot of you guys did not do for a while judging by the time and energy involve in this thread. Whatever this next big thing is, my magic little black box gives me everything I need. Now, if it's something that takes that a step further, I might be interest, I think the selling price vs. do I really need it will be a major point to consider...
I've got mine plugged in right beside me and I've been crankng the hell out of it since about 5:30AM this morning. Only cool thing about getting older is that you wake up earlier for some reason....I suppose it's because we've got our own countdown going on. :) Got to make more of each day which means breaking out the guitar earlier.

Back
Top Bottom