Countdown 0.5...

May as well give my guess:

It's two things. Completely rewritten and expanded firmware, and new hardware that is either the next gen Axe or a single rack expander. The new hardware will not necessarily be sonically superior but will have the edge in user interface (knobs, expanded and nameable user cabs, usb, etc). The great news will be pre-existing Axe's will be able to use the new firmware as well, rendering nothing obsolete, unless you need the new goodies. The new firmware cabs will be so improved that most users will not need the expanded hardware.

G66 would not put so much effort into this unless it was a major hardware release. They are the European distributor for Fractal, right!

Therefore what would be the point of hyping a firmware update that wasn't going to make a lot of money for them?

Of course for existing Ultra owners, of which I'm one, there may be a major update to somewhat placate us.

I'm really hoping it's an axe-edit pc hardware box. I dont want there to be a replacement ultra as I'll never be able to afford a new one and my existing ultra will of course become devalued.

Technological progress is a great thing and a new ultra mark 2 will be fantastic news for a lot but not for me. I will still cherish my ultra as it sounds great to me but ill be so envious of all the guys buying new ones!!!

new hardware not necessary if you boost value/sales of existing hardware... hence more demand could challenge supply and distribution

I'm thinking that Cliff has been getting a lot of inputs from all of the artists endorsing Fractal - I know that he had been meeting with some of the artists. What these things are, I'm not sure but sounds exciting.

1U expander with knobs, etc. for controlling Axe-FX functions, while also doubling as a computer interface with USB + headphone jack? Very functional, but I don't know if it is revolutionary.

From G66:

OPTIMAL CONDITIONS
Meanwhile Fractal Audio has acquired all the things it was missing at the beginning: the technical possibilities, the development capital, the requisite infrastructure and a network of business partners. All this is now readily available. Countless enthusiastic users scattered across the globe and many of them regularly propose ideas for improvements. Thousands of inputs contribute to Cliff Chase's wealth of experience.

WHAT IF...?
What would happen if this person were to sit down again right now and develop something new? Now that the amps to be simulated can simply be bought and analyzed at leisure in a lab. With the technology of 2011 and all the experience gained over the years. In these new, optimal conditions. Is it not possible that something might come out of all this that exceeds even our wildest expectations?

Of course, it's just a hypothetical question... (to be continued...)

so if its not shiny new hardware this round its definatly coming at some point....

1U expander with knobs, etc. for controlling Axe-FX functions, while also doubling as a computer interface with USB + headphone jack? Very functional, but I don't know if it is revolutionary.
That would be nice!

It would make me very happy to have a single rackspace expansion that moved all the existing I/O to the front of my rack :)

That sounds great, but how would the information get to the expander rack in order to process it out as USB?

images

I've come to the conclusion that this is equal parts insanely fun, aggravating and exhausting. And that's just trying to keep up with mba/bmi's posts. ;) :D

So for no apparent reason, here's a two headed snake... :D

Two-headed%2Brat%2Bsnake.jpg

Wow even Scott has succumbed to this thread's insanity. welcome aboard!

Add to that huge memory that will hold the entire Redwirez library + more.....
Completely redesigned CAB section with DYNAMIC cabs and a kick ass interface
that will allow you to mic up cabs with several mics + move the mics freely in real time!

Now it's revolutionary.
I WANT IT

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom