BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

Odd. I think you might need to register for the TCF site first (it doesn't carry your login from TAF from what I understand). I previously made an account to try the demo pack. Other than that, maybe your browser is restricting the redirect when clicking "Purchase". When I did it took me straight to PayPal.

I bought Bronze because I was really interested in a more Kemper like experience of loading a well tweaked preset/cab and playing, with the added bonus of being able to tweak the model however I want since it is not just a snapshot of an amp. I've only played around with the first one or two speakers presets, but so far I'm finding some really great tones, and all of them seem easily tweakable into something really nice.

So far, these presets set the bar for what presets should sound like IMO. Hopefully Fractal takes note and hires or contracts with someone to build factory presets this good. I think this would improve the company image (ease of use) and sales.

It would also be awesome if the Axe firmware could be upgraded to directly store this combine preset/cab format instead of having to store them separately as a preset and cab. I would happily give up a bank or two of presets for the option to store combined presets/cabs. Simpler to use and less chance of moving cabs around and screwing up presets.

Nice work Andy!

Played with some in the Gold and V30 group and all I can say is Wow!!!!!

Platinum owner here and so far very very impressed with the preset cab bundles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used my amp factory login to buy the Bronze bundle-worked fine.

BTW-Thanks-loved the freebies so I know I'll be happy
Thanks

Hey Guys

TO clear up a bit of confusion regarding the updates etc..
I got your back (see above)

Have a good evening.
Andy

Thank you Andy! I really needed that clarification so I could set my own expectations going in. Between owning your Legends and Studio Delta packs, working with your BigBox demo, and your well thought out response... easy to see the platinum tier will be well worth the investment.

Rock on

Hi Andy, normally I would go for the most expensive option but seeing as I don't have time to dick about with mixing IR's I went for the bronze option for now but will probably upgrade in time. As a former Kemper owner these ready-made presets are just what I wanted and even though I haven't tried them all, the ones I have tried are fabulous. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into producing this pack, I hope everyone gets behind you and at least gets the presets because they excellent and so easily tweaked if needs be.

So many great flavors in this buffet, but I keep going back to the CreamBack pumped by a CornCob (there's a joke in there somewhere). Very usable building blocks and quite pleased testing at both "bedroom levels" and full-bore earthquake mode. No regrets going Plat at all. The only gain adjustments I've had to make are just those groups that apparently were developed with a Tele or similarly equipped fiddle with low output pups, all others are plug-and-play. Overall great pack so far. On another note, both the individual IRs and mixes are very simple to find and file-named appropriately as well. Time to grab an adult beverage and fire-up CabLab for some experimentation utilizing this layered chain method which sounds quite intuitive from the documentation.

All BS aside, this is good stuff folks. The complete pack goes beyond providing quality IRs for your cab block and hand delivers serviceable tone foundations for exploration and refinement. To say this pack's concept is brilliant is simply an understatement. Dollars to donuts says soon every pack worth its salt will be provided in some derivative of this format. If you're on the fence, consider keeping this pack on your radar.

Regards.

wow thanks so much guys, so really great comments & feedback in here. - THIS is why I love you guys - so thanks!, and it makes me thankful that after such a long stint it brings smiles to people!.

And on another note.. I did not realize that there was a lot of Ex Kemper guys on here.. :) (You cant run away from me, Im everywhere lol)

I'm looking at the speaker&amps.pdf (the huge colorful grid) that came with the download and I didn't see a color key or other explanation (I probably just missed it). So, I get that the small circled numbers correspond to the presets - any particular order for those in designating an amp 1,2, or 3? What is the difference between the blue and the purple color? Thanks!

wow thanks so much guys, so really great comments & feedback in here. - THIS is why I love you guys - so thanks!, and it makes me thankful that after such a long stint it brings smiles to people!.

And on another note.. I did not realize that there was a lot of Ex Kemper guys on here.. :) (You cant run away from me, Im everywhere lol)

And some CURRENT Kemper guys as well! ;)

I'm looking at the speaker&s.pdf (the huge colorful grid) that came with the download and I didn't see a color key or other explanation (I probably just missed it). So, I get that the small circled numbers correspond to the presets - any particular order for those in designating an amp 1,2, or 3? What is the difference between the blue and the purple color? Thanks!

Ah yes.. my bad I did indeed to forget to add that information, I meant to add it on the charts but guess I forgot to do so..

On the charts (the Amps+Speaker PDF Colour chart)

BLUE=Perfect match between Speaker and Amp, in other words, they work well together, marry up nice even at default values.
The Blue squares with 1, 2 & 3 represent the Presets that I created for those combinations of amp+speaker
Purple means, that the Amp+speaker is a good match, but does require some tweaking to get to sound good. and not necessarily a first choice of pairing. but still acceptable if you want.
Black means unlikely choice, use at own risk, but not really designed for that speaker..

However. the big words "This is no science" means, that this is all based on my own translation of amps+speakers, and may or may not reflect on your own choices or listening pleasure. - This list is not to be taken as absolute gospel, and is to be used as a quick guide..

For example.. If you know you want to play a rock track and already have an amp in mind, and you are unsure what speaker cab to use, then this list will give you a giant headsup, then you can quickly audition those drivers to see if its to your taste..

The Blue squares with 1, 2 & 3 represent the Presets that I created for those combinations of amp+speaker

I see a lot of different combinations with the number 1 or 2 or 3 present. I realize they have something to do with presets (of which there are 450), but Im not clear what 1/2/3 means.

Could you please elaborate on the significance of the 1,2 and 3 numbers in the chart. I still dont quite grasp what they exactly represent. Thanks!

" [FONT=&quot]Before we captured the IR’s we auditioned the cabs with the axe to find the best amps to suit that speaker. No more, no less. We chose 3 of our fav amps to pair, and made presets based on that test. - of course." - So the 1,2,3 correspond to the 3 amps they chose for each speaker to make the presets. I was wondering if #1 was absolute favorite vs. #3[/FONT] or if there was any reasoning to the numbering. I'm really looking forward to running through these presets!

" [FONT="]Before we captured the IR’s we auditioned the cabs with the axe to find the best amps to suit that speaker. No more, no less. We chose 3 of our fav amps to pair, and made presets based on that test. - of course." - So the 1,2,3 correspond to the 3 amps they chose for each speaker to make the presets. I was wondering if #1 was absolute favorite vs. #3[/FONT] or if there was any reasoning to the numbering. I'm really looking forward to running through these presets!

I'll answer this and RockGuitarizans question at the same time.

1, 2 & 3 have no real value in terms of order, but out of all the ones we chose these were always coming out on top. - some amps/cab combos were really hard to pick a defined favorite, and sometimes we would dial up an amp and think it was a great match. but we also wanted variety too, so we then shifted to another, so on and so forth. - so in a nutshell, the 1, 2 & 3 are just my cream of the crop in a pairing combination..

Everyone will have their own favorites, and Im sure they will perhaps differ to my choices.. but I had to have a game plan, a start and end point, so that was it : )

Hopefully thats clear, the list is full of good info (the chart & Speaker list) hopefully its not too confusing, but hey, it sure is pretty!

Its big. BUT, if any of you have the opportunity it prints real nice on a A3 paper tack it to the wall for a guide!

Enjoy them!

Once I focused on the Speaker column I saw that 1/2/3 rated the Amps of choice for that speaker.

See what happens when I dont have my morning coffee ; )

I'll answer this and RockGuitarizans question at the same time.

1, 2 & 3 have no real value in terms of order, but out of all the ones we chose these were always coming out on top. - some amps/cab combos were really hard to pick a defined favorite, and sometimes we would dial up an amp and think it was a great match. but we also wanted variety too, so we then shifted to another, so on and so forth. - so in a nutshell, the 1, 2 & 3 are just my cream of the crop in a pairing combination..

Everyone will have their own favorites, and Im sure they will perhaps differ to my choices.. but I had to have a game plan, a start and end point, so that was it : )

Hopefully thats clear, the list is full of good info (the chart & Speaker list) hopefully its not too confusing, but hey, it sure is pretty!

Its big. BUT, if any of you have the opportunity it prints real nice on a A3 paper tack it to the wall for a guide!

Enjoy them!
Along the same lines. Can you explain how to best use the other SpeakerList PDF. Particularly what is "Hi Freq Bite" and where do you plug this and the other values into the Axe? I assume the speaker page, but it is not completely clear.

Back
Top Bottom