BigBox librarys OUT NOW!

Sorry if this has been asked, thought someone did but cannot find it...

All the presets are designed for the current firmware which is awesome. What happens when FW20 or later releases? Will there be updates to keep these current and if so what would be the process be to get the updates when they become available?

Cheers

Good evening,

OK, the two hundred and some-odd dollars burned a proverbial hole in my pocket. I'm ready to pull the Platinum trigger, but no one has confirmed whether or not the presets have been tamed compared to the demo pack selection which were gained too high for many users including myself. Help a brother out please. The thought of gain adjusting 450 individual presets one-by-one is not something I'm particularly fond of. I have a selection of Les Paul's, a couple PRS's, and a few Strats, so a variety of fiddles ain't a problem.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Good evening,

OK, the two hundred and some-odd dollars burned a proverbial hole in my pocket. I'm ready to pull the Platinum trigger, but no one has confirmed whether or not the presets have been tamed compared to the demo pack selection which were gained too high for many users including myself. Help a brother out please. The thought of gain adjusting 450 individual presets one-by-one is not something I'm particularly fond of. I have a selection of Les Paul's, a couple PRS's, and a few Strats, so a variety of fiddles ain't a problem.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Hi Savage.

Well its impossible for me to say or suggest if the gain will be fine for you. - I did the presets with a variety of guitars that were better suited for the amps in question, I.E I Used Lespauls for the "rock amps" - EMG Equip guitars for the Metal amps, Strats/teles for the Blues amps, and a mixture of guitars for other styles. - There will always be some user elements involved, as some suggest the gain is set to low, others say its too high, and of course the good, is that some say its perfect. - so its a complete mixture, everyone's guitars output differently. - or just use the guitar volume knob to audition them quickly..

Adjusting the gain is easy and fast, so I don't see that as a problem really. and is something you will have to do anyway based on making it personal to you.

Best thing is to just see how it goes!.
Enjoy it!
A

More samples added today,

But.. there is currently a script error.. its fine & safe, just "continue" when it asks. its because there is a limit of how many audio players we are allowed (server memory) - and with 75 of them already, we have exceeded that. - but its fine as long as you don't play all 75 a the same time :) the webguys will get a fix out soon enough, - be paitient as the page is slow to load due to the amount of data.

Still getting them added.. but can I ask is this proving useful to everyone? - its a lot of effort & time to do, so if no-one uses it then I'll stop doing them.

Cheers
A

Still getting them added.. but can I ask is this proving useful to everyone? - its a lot of effort & time to do, so if no-one uses it then I'll stop doing them.

Yes Andy it is very usefull to narrow down the presets I'm after - I have to different Les Pauls and a `59 Reissiue Strat and I check every day your site for new samples, as I'm more a Hmbucker player and most of the samples so fare have been with single coils.

So pls Andy keep them comming cause you use many amps I would never have chosen, but realize now how good they can sound - I know it musst be lot's of work to do this but it's apreciated :eagerness:

Last edited:
Yes Andy it is very usefull to narrow down the presets I'm after - I have to different Les Pauls and a `59 Reissiue Strat and I check every day your site for new samples, as I'm mor a Hmbucker player and most of the samples so fare have been with single coils.

So pls Andy keep them coming cause you use many amps I would never have chosen, but realize now how good they can sound - I know it musst be lot's of work to do this but it's apreciated :eagerness:

Ok thats good enough for me. - I wont give up.. yes Im just doing them in order at the moment.. all the harder stuff will come in time.. including all the metal stuff (yikes) (Im learning to do a few metal riffs right now haha) so forgive me metal guys!.

Its all good!. Im getting to them when I can..The CreamBack is up next!

Thanks Buddy.
A

Ok thats good enough for me. - I wont give up.. yes Im just doing them in order at the moment.. all the harder stuff will come in time.. including all the metal stuff (yikes) (Im learning to do a few metal riffs right now haha) so forgive me metal guys!.

Its all good!. Im getting to them when I can..The CreamBack is up next!

Thanks Buddy.
A

Yes!!!

I think updates only with Platinium and Gold Bundle?

Sorry if this has been asked, thought someone did but cannot find it...

All the presets are designed for the current firmware which is awesome. What happens when FW20 or later releases? Will there be updates to keep these current and if so what would be the process be to get the updates when they become available?

Cheers

Yeah and guess this is where I'm confused and may not be interpreting the offers correctly...

Gold Bundle is IRs/Mixes/TAF Xchange and lists "Free Updates"... To me this tier seems straight forward.

Platinum Bundle is Presets/IRs/Mixes/TAF Xchange and lists "Free Updates for New IR Mixes/recipies for life"... What is unclear to me from that description is where that leaves the presets. Will they be updated with newer firmware versions?

I think it said in the platinum README file that presets won't be completely redone on every firmware release, but updates will be done periodically, and platinum members will receive those updates. So it's a 'best effort' model it seems.

I don't think the gold option includes the presets.

More samples added today,

But.. there is currently a script error.. its fine & safe, just "continue" when it asks. its because there is a limit of how many audio players we are allowed (server memory) - and with 75 of them already, we have exceeded that. - but its fine as long as you don't play all 75 a the same time :) the webguys will get a fix out soon enough, - be paitient as the page is slow to load due to the amount of data.

Cheers
A

Yes keep the demos coming. It also helps me get to which presets I want to try out first.

Hey Guys

TO clear up a bit of confusion regarding the updates etc..

Platinum is all in, they will receive everything I do from now on out for free. (in regards to this pack), there is a TON of millage still left in it that I did not include, else the file size, and sheer amounts would scare everybody away :) - So I'l leave that for another time..Plus they will get exclusive Recipes/Presets and a ton of other bits n pieces that will come you way in the future. (including access to something I cant talk about here yet) and a few free IR's (that Im capturing soon)

Gold gets the same, minus the presets, silver and bronze do not.. sorry folks!

Regarding the current presets, because Im one man.. updating 450+ presets every FW will be too much to ask on top of what I already do. - these (as documented) will be as is. unless something fundamental changes that breaks them, if this is the case I'll happily update them all. and naturally when Im changing things, using them with different FW's then I'll happily save them out and share them too. (The TAF-Xchange will be full on eventually)

See it more as a ongoing journey, - I'll happily fix any issues, offer tons of advise, help, chat whatever you need, Im there. you invest in me, I invest in you. that's the way it works here!

There will also be 4 Bass cabs Im capturing that will be free for everyone, including Roger Waters Bassman cab, and Ampeg, markbass and one other unbranded cab that Ive no idea what it is!.. (these will be coming here in a few weeks) and will be free for everyone.

Timeline.. well its hard to say. This project took me 8 months total non-stop (10 months in total) - for the Plat/Gold users can see why, the depth is Hugh, and the quality is really up there this time. I felt like Ive lept a great leap forwards..They were not shot like traditional IR's, but using my own method.. slower yes.. worth it. hell yeah!. - So, once the Samples page is fully updated then I have a few plans regarding things... Things that you will get to see over the next months..

Stereo Cabs, Mixed Cabs (Multimixes), Stage Presets/Live and Studio plus a Track Pack Preset bundle (Presets for Left/Right) Lead + Bass that All work together for recording reasons... also I'll do the stuff on the chain side, (from the Pre's/EQ/H/W) stuff I captured that is really important part of the signal chain to define not just clarity but definition and charector.. So I'll do some of those too.. (poss part of the Studio Presets) - err anyway, without it sounding confusing.. that's the plan!.

I know the Doller to UK sucks really bad currently, and they keep saying it will improve, sadly I cant make it cheaper else I would. and I know to invest in me for that amount is expensive in the US. but.. let me just say.. I got your back (see above)

Have a good evening.
Andy

Issues purchasing

Hello,

Is anyone else having issues making this purchase? I clicked on purchase and checkout for the Platinum bundle, but that is where it ended for me. No option to pay or download anything. In my purchase history, the status shows as pending, but pending what, I do not know.

I am sure it is user error on my part somehow, or I am just being impatient - but I held off buying this all week, and now I want to have it!!

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold gets the same, minus the presets...

The cost spread between Gold and Plat is more than just the presets, so I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but I ain't splitting hairs....count me all in. For that amount of content and dedication it's fair enough in my book.

@Emerald: add to cart, click "View Cart / Checkout" at top right, review and put in your credentials (email and name) then see bottom left "Purchase". It will take you to PayPal to complete the purchase from there.

Regards.

Thanks Savage.

What does one do if they are not redirected to PayPal? The scenario you described was consistent with my expectation (as I have purchased from TAF before.) However, I was not redirected, and I am now stumped.

Back
Top Bottom