Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell for the TGP "anti-Fractal" drivel for years until I was smart enough to give the AX8 a try. Been eating crow ever since (now have the FM3 and Axe III/FC-6). Those who continue to spout the rhetoric that Fractal modeling isn't at least equal to other devices are either lying through their keys or have not tried any Fractal product.

I guess one's expectations of TGP members shouldn't really be set very high. After all, Fractal devices are designed and geared more toward professionals.
"Geared more toward professionals", is spot on!

Well, honestly, as a fairly casual observer, have you not engaged in other behaviour that would get others warnings/infractions/banned, too? Maybe it added up? (I myself am one warning away from being banned there, so I've seen how it can accumulate.)

For example, posting a graph that had a hand-written part calling a TGP member stupid.

That being said, the other guy in that case certainly antagonizes and eggs it all on, repeatedly.

They pulled one of my posts that listed the capabilities of my FREE firmware update for some MIDI footcontrollers. They said it was advertising, and didn't budge when I pointed out that it wasn't. Meanwhile, other companies/users spruik new products and update features.

• Sad
Reactions: Rex
Well, honestly, as a fairly casual observer, have you not engaged in other behaviour that would get others warnings/infractions/banned, too? Maybe it added up? (I myself am one warning away from being banned there, so I've seen how it can accumulate.)

With the amount and degree of more than questionable nonsense that gets a pass on a daily basis,
and which litters virtually EVERY thread, I am going go out on a limb here and say Cliff was/is not the
issue at TGP. :)

I got banned because I wrote about user Mjoe89 the following (paraphrased):
"He's got a vendetta because he was banned from our forum for being a troll. He's a notorious troll who has been banned from here, our forum, Rig Talk, SSO and countless others. He's using an alt and violating the rules yet the mods refuse to do their jobs and ban him."

Mjoe89 is none other than the infamous Donnie B., aka EL84 Abuser, aka WBellman, aka XTC Blue, aka dansut299, etc., etc., etc.

He's a troublemaker and has been banned from countless forums and he's back at TGP under yet another alias.
Lol. You got banned because you pointed out the folks with banning power weren’t doing their job. I can almost hear “you want to see us ban someone? Take that!” as they sit back in their chair oblivious to having missed the point entirely.

Their loss, my friend. There is a lot of Fractal interest among their forumites, and they just lost their best source of info. They sure showed you…

Ha ha, too bad Cliff (someone else can defend Fractal Audio Systems over there as needed while you work on the most accurate tube guitar amp modeling ever)!

I got suspended/banned for calling a bunch of TGP'ers trolling a rare informational tech thread, and otherwise ragging on Jay Mitchell. "Whiny Rats" was the phrase that got me suspended/banned LOL!

I don't miss the grade school mentality over at TGP in the slightest, and never went back.

Last edited:
It really is hard for me to comprehend why you would get banned. I even wonder if a mod's account has been hijacked. I have been keeping an eye on Fractal ever since Tyler Grund did his SRV patch. And, even when I was "Analog Life, Cradle to Grave," the hardcore Fractal haters on TGP just seemed irrational and possibly physically unwell to me.

People in positions of power, regardless of how minuscule that power may be, frequently abuse that power when criticized. This is the reason for the old axiom "If you want to know who lords over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Pretty sure one of the stated rules at TGP is not being allowed to argue with/debate the Mods and their unilateral ability
to make the calls they make, or the reasons they make them.

Yup. Rule # 7.

Also, there is absolute discretion given to the Mods to make any call they want.

"Although we value every member and want you to be here, if we feel that your membership hurts others' experiences, we may choose to suspend or ban you."

People in positions of power, regardless of how minuscule that power may be, frequently abuse that power when criticized. This is the reason for the old axiom "If you want to know who lords over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
Those chi moes were probably shoving each other out of way to get to the ban button on you first. I think they’d kill puppies to ban the guy from Fractal if they had to. They’re probably sending virtual hi fives to each other from their moms basements right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom