Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in positions of power, regardless of how minuscule that power may be, frequently abuse that power when criticized. This is the reason for the old axiom "If you want to know who lords over you find out who you are not allowed to criticize."
Classic quote :
"There's no power, only abuse of power"
Henry de Montherlant

You pointed out that the mods weren’t doing their job and they took offense. Power trippin’
Yup. I reviewed their rules and there is no rule against that. Rule #7 says no arguing with the mods. I didn't argue. I pointed out that they have been derelict in their duty to enforce Rule #5. There was no exchange between me and a moderator. An argument requires at least two people exchanging statements. That did not happen.

I didn't see anything posted by you in that threat that was ban worthy. I don't know if they give you a reason when they ban you. If it was for that one post that you are referring to, that is a pretty big stretch.

I've been banned from TGP more than a few times. The mods there are terrible. They do not follow their own rules, and get in a huff if you point that out to them. Even when it's in private messages. Terrible place. Scott Peterson is the worst kind.

I didn't see anything posted by you in that threat that was ban worthy. I don't know if they give you a reason when they ban you. If it was for that one post that you are referring to, that is a pretty big stretch.
I was told it was because I criticized the moderators. I posted the contents of that post previously. None of my other posts were deleted so I can only surmise that calling out the moderators for failing to enforce rules is somehow against the rules.

Some of the mods at TGP behave like trolls and idiots themselves. They need mods for the mods.

This is exactly what I told them. And that they censor opinions they don't share. I actually told them not to bother banning me as I was leaving the forum. They banned me anyway.

I have been considering making a YT video about censorship in general. This has sealed the deal. Thanks.

I was told it was because I criticized the moderators. I posted the contents of that post previously. None of my other posts were deleted so I can only surmise that calling out the moderators for failing to enforce rules is somehow against the rules.
It's possible the mod in question had an axe to grind with you in general and was just looking for any excuse to give you the boot.

Forum censorship? Never seen that before....................................

I hate this, but forums enable the moderators to basically do what they want. There's no over-seeing authority to complain to, and their terms/conditions enable them to function this way. Social media is the same.

On a forum relating to guitar gear, I'd rather have moderation than anarchy. However, sometimes that means the good guy is victim of collateral damage from moderating.

I hate this, but forums enable the moderators to basically do what they want. There's no over-seeing authority to complain to, and their terms/conditions enable them to function this way. Social media is the same.

On a forum relating to guitar gear, I'd rather have moderation than anarchy. However, sometimes that means the good guy is victim of collateral damage from moderating.

There is difference between anarchy and totalitarianism. And there is also a middle ground. And at TGP, some pigs are more equal than others. That is pretty clear. And there is no middle ground. You either conform to whatever it is they feel like enforcing, or you're out. The other issue is that once you're banned, you have no real way of communicating with the Moderators. You can "contact us" or e-mail Scott, but generally, that is futile.

Is Scott Peterson still on these forums? There was a time when he was an Axe Fx II user and taught classes on how to use it.

There is difference between anarchy and totalitarianism. And there is also a middle ground. And at TGP, some pigs are more equal than others. That is pretty clear. And there is no middle ground. You either conform to whatever it is they feel like enforcing, or you're out. The other issue is that once you're banned, you have no real way of communicating with the Moderators. You can "contact us" or e-mail Scott, but generally, that is futile.

Is Scott Peterson still on these forums? There was a time when he was an Axe Fx II user and taught classes on how to use it.
I guess you can tag @scottp

When a people chooses security over freedom he gets none of them

Moderation is the middle ground.

The issue is usually no one agrees with how much moderation is required. We're seeing this in society today. Generally people are cool with moderation until their ideas (or themselves) are squelched.... personally, I'd rather have open discussions than censorship.

False choice. Generally, it comes down to the quality of moderation. I prefer mods that don't suffer from megalomania, but that's me.

We do have a choice. It's play by their rules, or don't participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom