Bagpipes Attempt

Just tried this preset for the 1st time. Crazy shit, nice!

Long Way To Scotland!

Having a go at Long Way To The Top:

Hey Adam,

Cool man! I knew it was just a matter of time before someone did this classic-tune with the "faux-bagpipes!"

BTW, I like how you applied the "quick/aggressive" Angus-vibrato!

I've always figured Angus must've listened to a LOT of B.B. King! (...probably some Chuck Berry and Jimmy Page too!) However, the way in which Angus incorporates those Major-Blues Licks (like you did at [0:48] above!) occasionally (instead of all Minor or Dominant tonalities) reminds me quite a bit of B.B. King!

Bill

Thanks for noticing Bill. That vibrato is definitely a challenge. The licks themselves are not that hard but actually playing them like Angus is real tough. The bag pipes patch (thanks again Mark) inspired me to get in some much needed practicing. I made some slight progress from my first couple attempts but I still have a ways to go.

I love the way he blends major/minor pentatonic licks seamlessly. The Shook Me All Night Long solo is a classic example of that.

Correction: I think bass was at 4 cause it got a bit too flubby. Mid, Treb, Drive, and Master cranked to 10.

Yeah, I guessed so regarding the bass setting. Then again, some people even like those "vomiting" bass notes. :)

Ive tried it but it sounds like im only getting one voice of the synth. I had to bypass the 1st vol block to even get the voice at all. Any thoughts?

supercool patches! I am excited what you get out from the synth block! The bagpipes sound very cool!!!!! great work and thanks for sharing!!!

I don't have any foot controllers hooked up to my Axe II. I can load the preset ok and get the drone note, but how can I hear the notes I want to play on top of it? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. thanks

I don't have any foot controllers hooked up to my Axe II. I can load the preset ok and get the drone note, but how can I hear the notes I want to play on top of it? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. thanks

Hey guys,

If you don't have foot controllers hooked up, just remove the first Volume Block (make it a Shunt), and it should sound.

Amen!

I love the way he blends major/minor pentatonic licks seamlessly. The Shook Me All Night Long solo is a classic example of that.

Hey Adam,

Right on bro!

In fact, that solo in "You Shook Me All Night Long" (over "G Major" tonality) is one of my "go to" examples for teaching the "The B.B.-Box" and the tonal-ambiguity found in many Blues and/or Blues-Rock solos! (He also rocks that maneuver nicely in "Highway To Hell" over "A Mixolydian" tonality ...Oh yeah, and there's Leslie West/Mountain's "Mississippi Queen" solos - Brilliant! I could go on and on...but I won't - LOL!

*Back to the bagpipes...If Andy Murray wins the Wimbledon Tennis Championship, I might have to play "God Save The Queen" with that patch as a cross-tribute to Great Britian - LOL!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom