Bagpipes Attempt

Mark Cullen

Inspired
Hi everyone,

This is an attempt at getting a Bagpipes sound from guitar. I'm using a strat (not that the guitar type matters much for this sound).

I also made use of Tone Matching to get the texture/tone a bit closer.

If I could figure out how to get a constant signal to the Synth block that's creating the drone it would be much better. Maybe someone can tell me how?

Here's the patch:

OK - new improved recording and presets at Post #30

Attachments

• Bag Pipes MC A drone TM.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 873
Last edited:
4145b664b77de1fd747a2411b73510e6.jpg

"They may take our bagpipes, but they'll never take....OUR GUITARS!!!!"

If I could figure out how to get a constant signal to the Synth block that's creating the drone it would be much better. Maybe someone can tell me how?

Track = "off" will output a constant level. If you still want it to mute when not playing you could assign envelope to bypass, or use a gate/exp after it instead w/ sidechain = Input 1 for more control over attack/fade. Envelope as level modifier might be of interest for subtle level changes based on your input level.

Amazing. How did you figure out how to make this sound? Wow.

I noticed the synth frequency is set to 373.9...this must be one of the harmonics generated by the drone of a bagpipe,but I'm just guessing. Great job.

That's ridiculously good. I'm going to have fun with that regardless of whether I actually need a bagpipe sound or not!

Track = "off" will output a constant level. If you still want it to mute when not playing you could assign envelope to bypass, or use a gate/exp after it instead w/ sidechain = Input 1 for more control over attack/fade. Envelope as level modifier might be of interest for subtle level changes based on your input level.

Oh, cool! Thanks Bakerman. I knew there was a simple way to do it - just couldn't find it on my own. :|
Will give that a try. Thank you!

The volume of the Vol/Pan is assigned to Extern 2. You have to either assign it to an expression pedal that you have set up, or undo the assignement and raise the volume manually.

Back
Top Bottom