AxePad - iPad controller for Axe-FX is launched!

Hey cyber. I sent u an email on Friday about my no-go this past weekend with the iPad ii and alesis USB/midi cable via can kit. Just wondering if you got it.... I know ur busy just want to knw if u did receive it. No rush with a response. Keep it up bro!

Hey cyber. I sent u an email on Friday about my no-go this past weekend with the iPad ii and alesis USB/midi cable via can kit. Just wondering if you got it.... I know ur busy just want to knw if u did receive it. No rush with a response. Keep it up bro!

Hey redburst21 - So sorry! Yes, I did get your email, but I was busy most of the weekend trying to recode v1.10 to get it out the door. I've responded to you via email - thanks for sending through the info! :)

In the meantime....what do I do to 'wind down' from cutting code all weekend? I helped my two young sons build a FrankenStrat tribute guitar out of an old Squire Strat... :D

6917931050_cb25608b50_z.jpg

Opened up my ipad2 today and the update was there! This thing finaly works for me. I was using the midisport 2x2, but now I am using the recomended alesis cable pluged in to the front usb port on my pc. I can switch from axe edit to axp pad in a heart beat. Very cool!

Joe

This is SO great to hear! Thank you everyone for letting me know.

You wouldn't believe what a relief this is for me. I was stressing out that there were users out there who couldn't use the software due to the bug. Call it professional pride or whatever, but I get a real kick out of knowing that people actually find AxePad useful and are USING it in the field.

Now...what to do for v1.20??? :D

Expression Pedal support that's what. I have 4 expression pedals. 1. is volume 2. is Wah 3. FX mix 4. is Modulation speed. It would nice to be able to control these with your finger. The wah would be hard, but the others would be easy.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's still not working on my iPad 3. It displays the same symptoms as what was going on before the update. The only difference now is I have 3 blank pages on the EFFECTS tab (before was just a single page).

I even did a full reset on the iPad to see if that would help things out.

UPDATE: There are two differences actually. Besides the multiple blank pages, once the app is restarted, it shows the title of the FIRST preset selected (but no preset data...amp, cab, effect). After that, it only seems to transmit data.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's still not working on my iPad 3. It displays the same symptoms as what was going on before the update. The only difference now is I have 3 blank pages on the EFFECTS tab (before was just a single page).

I even did a full reset on the iPad to see if that would help things out.

UPDATE: There are two differences actually. Besides the multiple blank pages, once the app is restarted, it shows the title of the FIRST preset selected (but no preset data...amp, cab, effect). After that, it only seems to transmit data.

Yikes! Well, my iPad3 won't be here for another week yet, so I cannot test myself on that device.

To clarify - no crashing? You're just not getting the information through? Does moving the slider still select a preset on the Axe-FX? What about spinning knobs on the iPad - does that cause any changes on the Axe-FX? Trying to see if we are only getting one way comms.

Also, can you let me know what MIDI connector you are using? Is you new iPad stock standard or jailbroken?

By the sounds of it, it has received the pedal information if it is allocating 'space' for it on the Effects screen - no idea why the graphics are not showing up? I mentioned before that the graphics drawing has slowed down since I redid the threading. If you leave it for 5 to 10 seconds, do you see the pedals appear?

Stock iPad 3, iRig Midi connector. Looks like it's just sending data, but not receiving it properly. Moving the slider and turning knobs does make the changes on the FXII.

Thanks kgofswg - I'll check out the issues on this as soon as my iPad3 gets here in the coming week.

I'd like to shout out to current users to see if I can either get some testimonials from them to put on the web site, or else ask them to post a review on the App Store.

At present there is one review giving the app two stars because of the crashing problem. I can understand that, and have no issues with the comment and the feelings of the reviewer, but the frustrating part for me is that I am a one man band doing this in my spare time and I didn't have all the hardware available to fully test in house until recently. Also, the week long delays with Apple pushing out patches stretched out the time taken to rectify the crashing issues. Believe me when I say I am as upset as anyone out there about the problems, but I am working hard to try and overcome them...

I'm not asking anyone to fudge or give artificially high reviews. I just like some genuine feedback if you find the app useful.

Thanks!

The App is wonderfull - keep up the good work! There are some minor things to improve (e.g. the FX Section doesn't work on my original iPad - but the rest is realy cool to use !!!)

Thanks!

How do I reset the preset selection? On the preset page when it says <NO PRESET SELECTED> I cannot select it. If I hold it it merely goes to whatever was selected previously. I can if it says <none:select preset above etc.>. If I hold that for 3 secs or so after selecting a preset it updates that, transfers the name and selects that preset. But I can't seem to redo it.

Also the slider is a slight PITA. Is there another way to select presets? Often I try to move to preset #127 say, and it pauses and then goes to 128. Or it's just friggley trying to get it on the number.

Admittedly I haven't delved into it deeply. Otherwise I'm liking it immensely!

The App is wonderfull - keep up the good work! There are some minor things to improve (e.g. the FX Section doesn't work on my original iPad - but the rest is realy cool to use !!!)

Thanks!

Thanks cheese!

Strange that the FX section doesn't work - it seems to be OK on other iPad1's. Don't forget that it takes a bit longer to 'Draw' the pedals now that I have changed the threading. Can you try selecting a preset, then waiting about 5 to 8 seconds and checking the Effects screen to see if it is all there?

How do I reset the preset selection? On the preset page when it says <NO PRESET SELECTED> I cannot select it. If I hold it it merely goes to whatever was selected previously. I can if it says <none:select preset above etc.>. If I hold that for 3 secs or so after selecting a preset it updates that, transfers the name and selects that preset. But I can't seem to redo it.

Also the slider is a slight PITA. Is there another way to select presets? Often I try to move to preset #127 say, and it pauses and then goes to 128. Or it's just friggley trying to get it on the number.

Admittedly I haven't delved into it deeply. Otherwise I'm liking it immensely!

Hi Henry,

The idea behind the Preset buttons is that you use the slider to choose the preset you want, then press and hold one ANY of the buttons below to 'store' your preset against that button. The button name should change to reflect the name of the chosen preset above.

You should be able to replace the preset on any button as many times as you like, regardless of whether the button was 'empty' or not.

And a tip on the slider: You can just tap the slider to the left or right of the slider knob to increment/decrement the preset counter by one. I am going to also put a '+' and '-' button on the screen next to the slider to do this.

Cheers!

OK, well that's good to know. I can't get it to do that over here. I'll fiddle wit hit some more though. No matter how long I hold down the button it will not (has not) store another preset.

Now it does it, but it won't change the name of the preset. The preset location changes but they're all Mr. Benson. LOL. Hey but it's far better and closer than before. Maybe its user error.

Back
Top Bottom