Axe-Fx III Wish List

I've always wanted to press a pedal to tune but came to understand the axe fx tuner was not midi programmable.
The tuner on the Axe-Fx III can be accessed via MIDI CC.

...I hope the tuner has been upgraded even though I was perfectly happy with the current one.
The tuner has been way upgraded. So accurate, fast, responsive, easy to read and easy on the eyes. I used it to intonate a guitar, and it was a wonderful experience. The eight-ball has been replaced by a spinning “strobe” wheel. Both it and the tuning indicator are clearly readable from across the stage.

After much thought on my personal ultimate Axe III rig for the last few days.... my only wish is to have Axe edit available on IOS. Even if we have to pay a few bucks to cover development cost.
There are a few things I can’t find for a pc to replace my need for an iPad. The pc has many advantages in some areas regarding apps but the iPad wins for convenience and stability.

Other than that I think the Axe III is perfect!!!! Exciting times!!!!

I’m not exactly sure how to properly articulate this idea as I really don’t know anything (regarding coding or life in general), but it’d be cool if there was a plug-in mode. This is what I’m thinking:

When you plug in the AF3, your DAW will recognize it as VST or AU. When you add the plug-in to a track, it starts out as essentially an empty shell into which you can transmit an effect such as a reverb or delay from the AF3, kind of like how can send an IR from Cab Lab into a scratch pad. You could send a single effect, or a chain of effects into an instance of the plug-in. The parameters used in a plug-in instance would be saved in your DAW, but the AF3 would do all the processing, and it would have to be connected to your computer in order to work. This way copyright issues would be avoided.

Thoughts?

I’m not exactly sure how to properly articulate this idea as I really don’t know anything (regarding coding or life in general), but it’d be cool if there was a plug-in mode. This is what I’m thinking:

When you plug in the AF3, your DAW will recognize it as VST or AU. When you add the plug-in to a track, it starts out as essentially an empty shell into which you can transmit an effect such as a reverb or delay from the AF3, kind of like how can send an IR from Cab Lab into a scratch pad. You could send a single effect, or a chain of effects into an instance of the plug-in. The parameters used in a plug-in instance would be saved in your DAW, but the AF3 would do all the processing, and it would have to be connected to your computer in order to work. This way copyright issues would be avoided.

Thoughts?

What you describe is a bit how Waves Studiorack works. You put an instance of a Studiorack in your DAW and it lets you offload the plugin processing to a SoundGrid Server.

It could conceivably be implemented with the Axe III USB connection if it was limited to just one or two “plugin rack” instances in your DAW. Essentially the plugin would make a direct route to an input block and output block on the grid. Any effect “editing” would be via the same remote protocol as Axe-Edit.

It’s not the same as the Freq Out pedal. That pedal can do much more. It’s a cool pedal. I thought about buying it. But I didn’t.

Yeah, that looks like a useful pedal, especially for those of us who play on silent stages.

It seems to not just do harmonizing, but also create additional sustain, am I right? So it's kind of an EHX Freeze, too.

It would be really cool if each scene could have a default layout page for the FC. For example my lead scene would have one of the FC layout pages come up when chosen, then have another layout come up when choosing a clean scene, etc. The concept being you may want different IA's available for clean vs lead vs rhythm.

It would be really cool if each scene could have a default layout page for the FC. For example my lead scene would have one of the FC layout pages come up when chosen, then have another layout come up when choosing a clean scene, etc. The concept being you may want different IA's available for clean vs lead vs rhythm.
Yes! Per-scene layout would be awesome!

Wish for Axe-FX III and beyond .....

A complete User's Manual. Written for users at all levels of technical understanding. Doesn't require in-depth MIDI programming experience, forums, wikis, and multiple videos to comprehend and implement.

Axe-Fx for Dummies. I’d buy that.

Isn't that called Line6?:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, the Axe Fx is not a piece of gear for "dummies"... It's sophisticated and very powerful. To get capability, there is a cost - which is knowledge.

Just because something is sophisticated and powerful, doesn't mean that it can't be explained in a way that's easily understandable to novices. And the knowledge you speak of comes from having easily-understood documentation. I've made a career out of taking "instructions" written by engineers and putting them into plain English that can be understood by non-engineers. And in a lot of cases, those were instructions to operate sophisticated and powerful software. It can be done. It's just not always easy.

It’s not the same as the Freq Out pedal. That pedal can do much more. It’s a cool pedal.

I know, I have one. It doesn't do that much more. You can change the feedbacking note (which Simeon's trick also lets you do).
It also can randomize the feedbacking note.

To me it doesn’t sound the same. It’s in the ballpark though. But I guess it depends on how much you use this type of thing. Still love my old Ebow and Paul Vo the Wond for this but these also sound different. The Freqout comes more close to a real sustainer pickup.

Without a doubt the Freq is a great innovative pedal.

However, after I took it to a number of gigs, I noticed I wasn’t using it that often. It sits on a shelf at home now. Keeping it until I have matched it in the III, then I’m going to sell it.

Just because something is sophisticated and powerful, doesn't mean that it can't be explained in a way that's easily understandable to novices. And the knowledge you speak of comes from having easily-understood documentation. I've made a career out of taking "instructions" written by engineers and putting them into plain English that can be understood by non-engineers. And in a lot of cases, those were instructions to operate sophisticated and powerful software. It can be done. It's just not always easy.
To paraphrase one of my favorite T-shirts from thinkgeek.com:

I can explain it to them but I can't understand if for them

:D

Back
Top Bottom