Axe-Fx III Wish List

That would work as a separate feature but you would also need some sort of Macro layer so you can assign a knob to multiple parameters.

Yeah, the Effects Rack topology in Ableton is great... I've got tons of racks saved for specific configurations of gear, and for multi-effects... It wouldn't need to be that complex to be useful in AxeFX... but something in that direction. A basic implementation might just be a couple tools in Axe-Edit that allow saving out a selection of selected blocks into some sort of "multi block file" and then being able to load that into the grid of another (at the point of selected block)... or even just being able to copy/paste multiple blocks together would be helpful... but yeah, if we're making wishes, going for the Ableton model would be amazing, and make it easier to create close emulations of complex effect pedals, and be able to share them.

Wish List for RTA block,
1) external mic feed for remote reference mic
2) connected matched graphic eq to compensate for room efficiencies or deficiencies in freq responce
3) appropriate noise source for calibration

Wishes I haven't seen yet: capability of routing the looper to it's own output would be huge as I could then send the loop to the drummers monitor. also naming global blocks

Wishes I haven't seen yet: capability of routing the looper to it's own output would be huge as I could then send the loop to the drummers monitor. also naming global blocks
The concept of out Blocks has already realized your wish

Reactions: yek
A Synth block like the EHX B9/C9/Synth pedals... :)

Those are such specific effects, I wouldn't count on them seeing added as models.

I'll probably add my Mel9 to my rack, in one of the effects send/return loops of the III.

I'm getting best results with the Mel9 in the loop by feeding the Mel9 a direct signal from the input (separate row, not going through the AMP block), with a Comp block in front of it. The Mel9 is set to 100% wet. This avoids the problem with dirty amp tones (which won't work with the Mel9). The compressor improves the tracking and makes the level more consistent.

My wishlist item is aimed at the next generation of Fractal products (Axe III, FC, the future floor model). I would like to see more interoperability between units. IOW the Axe III being able to be controlled / augmented with a new generation AX8, or the next gen AX8 having the ability to add one of the new FC to it. I know there are no plans for a new AX8 but just throwing this 'pie in the sky' wish out there to consider in the new design phase. I have an AxeFX MK II, MFC and an AX8 and would have loved to have a way to seamlessly connect these and have them work together.

Those are such specific effects, I wouldn't count on them seeing added as models.

I'll probably add my Mel9 to my rack, in one of the effects send/return loops of the III.

I'm getting best results with the Mel9 in the loop by feeding the Mel9 a direct signal from the input (separate row, not going through the AMP block), with a Comp block in front of it. The Mel9 is set to 100% wet. This avoids the problem with dirty amp tones (which won't work with the Mel9). The compressor improves the tracking and makes the level more consistent.

I would love that to avoid using a loop with pedals.

I've got the C9 and it needs pre and post comp to "tame" it lol. How cool would that be to have an organ block in the box. Very useful.
I agree they're pretty specific, but hey this *is* the wish list ;-) In my current band I could use at least 3 of them for synth, an organ, and an electric piano or clavinet. If EHX came out w/ one pedal that covered all of the ranges I'd probably get it but carrying 3 or 4 pedals doesn't interest me. I love how compact my AX8 rig is!

Making the synth block polyphonic would certainly be a big improvement too, and would probably make even single-note parts better because it wouldn't glitch as much. Not to mention arpeggios.

Yek and barhrecords - thanks for the tip on how you set up your routing. Our other guitarist has a C9, I'll have to see how he runs it thru his Helix.

Looks totally possible already...

I'm loving what I'm reading about the III, but looking at the photo of it, I wish the output meters would have been more detailed. A single strip with a peak hold and numerical readout would have been super practical. I was hoping the multiple "dot" display would be updated. Great would have been something like the display we have in the II under the Utility menu on the VU page - this but on the front of the unit.

I find the following a bit tedious with the II and it would be great if this is changed with the III:
When adjusting unity gain on Axe Edit on various blocks (comp, drive, amp, multiband comp, for example) and you go to the meter I mentioned above - every time you click on a different block in AxeEdit, the meter disappears and you have to hit the Utility button again. It sounds trivial, but if you're doing this for 30 presets and your unit is just out of reach and you have a guitar in your lap, it gets annoying, interferes with your flow and adds time.

...the current front panel output meter (and the one I see on the front of the III) is just not detailed enough when you're trying to hit the zero dB point.

I find the following a bit tedious with the II and it would be great if this is changed with the III:
When adjusting unity gain on Axe Edit on various blocks (comp, drive, amp, multiband comp, for example) and you go to the meter I mentioned above - every time you click on a different block in AxeEdit, the meter disappears and you have to hit the Utility button again. It sounds trivial, but if you're doing this for 30 presets and your unit is just out of reach and you have a guitar in your lap, it gets annoying, interferes with your flow and adds time.

When you are in the Layout menu and you press Zoom it brings up VU meters above the grid. You can adjust the level of each block right from that page.

Small "wish" and already know it wasn't granted, but that is a locking 1/4 jack for the guitar input. In live use, that sucker isn't always secure.

Back
Top Bottom