Axe-Fx III Wish List

Yes, I have used the controllers to vary the pitch to make harmonies sound a little more real. A trick I learned on the fractal site,

Variations in pitch are vibrato. Variations in delay are chorus. The Axe II has both, and each can be tied to a random modifier.

That's true. Yet, I still haven't heard a great Mimiq imitation (see what I did there? ;) ) in the Axefx.

Aside from new amp and effects models my main wish for the Axe III is for seperate power and preamps. I don't care if this is implemented via a new "disable preamp modeling switch", some sort of sidechain-esque drop down menu, or some sort of send/return blocks for some sort of in-the-amp-block loop, or a new power amp block. So many new doors would open, so many problems fixed. I'm actually not sure why this feature hasn't been implemented yet, I've seen tons of requests for various reasons. I personally just want better spring reverb.

Aside from new amp and effects models my main wish for the Axe III is for seperate power and preamps. I don't care if this is implemented via a new "disable preamp modeling switch", some sort of sidechain-esque drop down menu, or some sort of send/return blocks for some sort of in-the-amp-block loop, or a new power amp block. So many new doors would open, so many problems fixed. I'm actually not sure why this feature hasn't been implemented yet, I've seen tons of requests for various reasons. I personally just want better spring reverb.
Cliff has stated in the past that this would be almost impossible to do. I would not expect it...

Just learned that with the III and FC it’s apparently impossible to send out MIDI messages except on scene or preset change. Terrible news for those who control outboard gear. :(

So I guess my wish would be to have a MIDI block that would be AT LEAST as capable as the MFC was.

Just learned that with the III and FC it’s apparently impossible to send out MIDI messages except on scene or preset change. Terrible news for those who control outboard gear. :(

No, that has not been stated.

What I'm trying to say is: the unit has not been released yet. I'd wait with drawing conclusions about the feature set until it's out.

BTW, I'm all for the ability to send MIDI commands by pushing a switch.

The unit hasn’t been released yet, and this is a wish list thread, so I’m expressing my wish here, I don’t know any other way to do it. It looks like it may or may not be implemented based on whoever is deciding what should be implemented first, so I’m trying to stress the importance of this. What’s wrong with that?

Okay, what triggered my response is that you wrote: "with the III and FC it’s apparently impossible to send out MIDI messages except on scene or preset change."

That's not based on knowledge or facts.

It's conclusions like that which make it very difficult for FAS and beta members to share any information. Anything that's disclosed is immediately turned around: "So it you tell us that it does this, but that implies that it doesn't do that".

One way or another, we just have to be a little patient about the final (or initial) feature set. And exercise a little restraint.

P.S. This thread was not created by FAS. It's not an official wishlist thread.

This thread was not created by FAS. It's not an official wishlist thread

I know. Since there's no official one, there aren't any alternatives either, and it's not like posting wishes in official ones increase the probability of them being implemented either. Being Petrucci might help, but that's not realistic. :)

That's not based on knowledge or facts.

I doubt Cliff would say this might be implemented if it were already implemented. And it's not like there are many facts about MIDI implementation to rely on, so speculation is what's left.

Wish for Axe-FX III and beyond .....

A complete User's Manual. Written for users at all levels of technical understanding. Doesn't require in-depth MIDI programming experience, forums, wikis, and multiple videos to comprehend and implement.

I noticed the tuner button has disappeared. I've always wanted to press a pedal to tune but came to understand the axe fx tuner was not midi programmable. If this is still the case getting to the tuner now may take even more steps. In any event I hope the tuner has been upgraded even though I was perfectly happy with the current one. Especially the cents offset feature.

Wish for Axe-FX III and beyond .....

A complete User's Manual. Written for users at all levels of technical understanding. Doesn't require in-depth MIDI programming experience, forums, wikis, and multiple videos to comprehend and implement.

Axe-Fx for Dummies. I’d buy that.
Isn't that called Line6?:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, the Axe Fx is not a piece of gear for "dummies"... It's sophisticated and very powerful. To get capability, there is a cost - which is knowledge.

I noticed the tuner button has disappeared. I've always wanted to press a pedal to tune but came to understand the axe fx tuner was not midi programmable. If this is still the case getting to the tuner now may take even more steps. In any event I hope the tuner has been upgraded even though I was perfectly happy with the current one. Especially the cents offset feature.
The tuner on the Axe Fx III is accessed via the "home" button IIRC, affording to Cliff in another thread.

The Axe Fx tuner is totally accessible by midi. I use mine all the time...

The tuner on the Axe Fx III is accessed via the "home" button IIRC, affording to Cliff in another thread.

The Axe Fx tuner is totally accessible by midi. I use mine all the time...

Not only can you trigger it via MIDI, the tuner sends information out via MIDI. That’s why we can tune with Edit software or the displays on several other MIDI hardware controllers.

Back
Top Bottom