Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00

1:00am here and i can't sleep with this new addictive reverb block!
it's very addictive.
little question to enlighten me on the two expanded parameters of the reverb block.
Do we have to understand L/H frequency time or frequency DECAY time?
There is a little ambiguity between A.E and the F.P on it, (cos' there are no units to help us remove doubt on this)

Last edited:
I must say, after playing around with the Demo and sampling the new Verbs, the sounds are fantastic! Time to dig deeper...Thanks again!

1:00am here and i can't sleep with this new addictive reverb block!
it's very addictive.
little question to enlighten me on the two parameters of the reverb block.
Do we have to understand frequency time or frequency DECAY time?
There is a little ambiguity between A.E and the F.P on it, (cos' there are no units to help us remove doubt on it)
What are the parameter names on the FP?

If you are asking about Low Freq Time and High Freq Time those set the decay time relative to the midband time for the low frequencies and high frequencies. If you set the Time to, say, 10 seconds and High Freq Time to 0.1 the high frequencies will decay to -60 dB in 1 second.

Good lord.. turned on scene 7, which may not even be a scene & just everything ON, on the Demo present & turned on the Input Boost, used the Vol control on the guitar & had a blast..!
Amazingly addictive magic.

Cliff, I gotta ask cause it’s been KILIING ME! Now that the finalized version is out & none of us hit the nail on the head regarding the Amp Modeling Magic.. Care to spill the beans on what it is that was adjusted?

What are the parameter names on the FP?

If you are asking about Low Freq Time and High Freq Time those set the decay time relative to the midband time for the low frequencies and high frequencies. If you set the Time to, say, 10 seconds and High Freq Time to 0.1 the high frequencies will decay to -60 dB in 1 second.
thanks for this clarification Cliff.

Added Plex Verb type to Plex block. While the Reverb block is designed for authentic, natural-sounding reverbs, the Plex Verb type is designed for large, ethereal reverb sounds. This type is also simple to use with no time, tempo, level or pan parameters required. For best results turn the Diffusion Mix up when using this type.

HOLY SHITBALLS

I'm no Leon but I can noodle. So I noodled.
Three scenes on the preset. I just noodled through each for about a minute. Lots of long tails so you can appreciate the complexity and richness of the algorithms.

Sure the reverbs sound great but that amp model sounds particularly good with your guitar. Nice and open. I'm away from my unit and don't remember what model I used in that patch. I just dropped something in there. The cab block was whatever was left over from some other patch. Happy accident.

What’s the names of the 5 new verbs
Away in business not in front of my axe
There's Cirrocumulus, Cumulonibus, Nimbostratus and Stratocumulus that I think are new in the Reverb block. And the Plex Delay block has a Plex Verb type added.

Back
Top Bottom