Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the preset matching to screenshot1 I get a low end sound on the right side only which seems correct as amp1 selects input Left (picking up the lo left from X-Over) with amp1 balance 100 right. Not sure why u are getting left side signal in screenshot1 (I get none here as expected). + not sure about screenshot 2 as the preset does not match that one.
I see where I got wrong now the balance was wrong, thanks

Just tried the Klon with the Texas Lonestar ... if you haven't done this yet, you really are missing out. Keep the gain on the Klon to about 1.5 and it just zings, like the proverbial audio ferret, going right up your trouser leg.
thats actually exactly my setting the Lonestar 1.7 drive Klone and new Aurora delay and there goes an hour just renamed my preset to AUDIO FERRET

Everything sounds really good after some adjustments but the one thing I sometimes struggle with on certain firmwares is palm mutes. I like to dig in and do heavy palm mutes and they seem to have a slight squashyness with distortion in the lows that doesn't sound tight and chunky to me. Is there something I can change to make it konk konk chugg chunk chugg more?

Everything sounds really good after some adjustments but the one thing I sometimes struggle with on certain firmwares is palm mutes. I like to dig in and do heavy palm mutes and they seem to have a slight squashyness with distortion in the lows that doesn't sound tight and chunky to me. Is there something I can change to make it konk konk chugg chunk chugg more?
Try the Cut parameter in the Amp block.

Reactions: J.C
Negative feedback, xformer match

Master Volume is my starting point for this stuff, depending on the amp anything over 2.5 starts getting mushy in the low end. If it’s a Mesa, you can pretty much drop the Bass all the way down and then add it back in with the 5-band Mark EQ. Pretty much everything I do for this stuff is using the Tone page and the EQ page of the amp block, I don’t really venture outside of that.

And just an example, this Fear Factory song is in A-standard and while there’s a gate on it, the gate is only set around 50%, it’s mostly right hand muting keeping things clean.

Master Volume is my starting point for this stuff, depending on the amp anything over 2.5 starts getting mushy in the low end. If it’s a Mesa, you can pretty much drop the Bass all the way down and then add it back in with the 5-band Mark EQ. Pretty much everything I do for this stuff is using the Tone page and the EQ page of the amp block, I don’t really venture outside of that.

And just an example, this Fear Factory song is in A-standard and while there’s a gate on it, the gate is only set around 50%, it’s mostly right hand muting keeping things clean.

Time to get you a new wood chopper re: 30 hp Husqvarna! Or a Stihl. ;)

E9A1FDC8-E6C7-42E0-89EB-13D0B18E687E.jpeg

In addition to all other suggestions, Speaker Thump can add a bit of organic roundness for more chunky mutes.

Last edited:

I always loved the sub bass sample in this song, it sound so huge 👍🏻

I always loved the sub bass sample in this song, it sound so huge 👍🏻

Yes!!! Back in high school my buddies and I were always geeking out over sub systems for our cars, every day when school let out you’d hear all this rap blaring and distorted in the parking lot, then you’d hear this song and the kick drums alone were like mini-808’s in my truck. It was AWESOME. Those bass bombs were ridiculous in that truck. Korn had some great ones as well, but not much tops “Shock” just because the intensity of the song itself. “Edgecrusher” has some good ones, too.

Yes!!! Back in high school my buddies and I were always geeking out over sub systems for our cars, every day when school let out you’d hear all this rap blaring and distorted in the parking lot, then you’d hear this song and the kick drums alone were like mini-808’s in my truck. It was AWESOME. Those bass bombs were ridiculous in that truck. Korn had some great ones as well, but not much tops “Shock” just because the intensity of the song itself. “Edgecrusher” has some good ones, too.

Cool! I had a vertical 4 x 8 Kustom PA speaker laid down in my backseat in High School.

Nothing like getting baked and then driving through the parking lot with the windows down. :)

Try reducing the Input trim, maybe your pickups are super hot like mine.
I have BKP Juggernauts, Nailbombs and Lundgren M8s, each puts out a lot of volume and I have my Input1 Gain setting down to 0.25% for all of them (works the same as Input trim 0.25% but for the entire unit).

I did this by checking the Output 1 block meter straight from the Input 1 block, and adjusting for unity gain with medium-hard strumming.
All the presets sound much better now and the amps / compression etc respond better. I've found it hard to get good info on what to set the Input1 Gain setting to, but this works perfect for me for giving me more headroom and tightening up the sound (similar to what lowering your pickups can do to get more clarity and tightness if they were up too close to the strings).

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom