Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

Checking the new Klon drive model on a few boutique/blues-rock presets and a DI track. I love this kind of special sauce overdrive, I own a few clones/recreations of the mythical pedal myself - EHX Soul Food, Wampler Tumnus Deluxe, J Rocket Archer Ikon, I also have access to a friend's Ceriatone Centura

Those tones are seriously great (playing too!).

Are those presets from your commercial collections, with the Klon added?
If not, could you post them?
Love those kinds of sounds!

Checking the new Klon drive model on a few boutique/blues-rock presets and a DI track. I love this kind of special sauce overdrive, I own a few clones/recreations of the mythical pedal myself - EHX Soul Food, Wampler Tumnus Deluxe, J Rocket Archer Ikon, I also have access to a friend's Ceriatone Centura

Gorgeous tones and playing.

That was some tasty tones! The playing was also very nice :)

Would it be possible to get the Klone Chiron available as an Input Boost type in the Amp/Preamp area as a clean boost to save a drive block?
@CodePoet - I LOVE this idea!

Except in my case, would have to tweak the treble knob (slight cut) and perhaps the advanced page bass cut (add more bass) on it - something ya can’t do in amp block boost drive types.

But better to have the Klone Chiron as option in amp block than not at all, it’s my favorite overdrive.

Else I’m grabbing the RCB boost type.

Great idea! @FractalAudio

Great tone! Thanks for the demo.

What cab are you using?

I was just trying out the DynDst blocks and they all seem to do exactly the opposite of what they are labeled.

Mid boost cuts mid, mid cut boosts mid, presence boost cuts presence, etc.

All of them do the opposite of what they are labeled.

Last edited:
I was just trying out the DynDst blocks and they all seem to do exactly the opposite of what they are labeled.

Mid boost cuts mid, mid cut boosts mid, presence boost cuts presence, etc.

All of them do the opposite of what they are labeled.
The curve may look like that, but that’s what they do to the sound. A higher curve means more distortion, which equals compression, so what looks like a mid dip is actually allowing clean miss through while the highs and lows are distorted/compressed.

Back
Top Bottom