Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

Has anyone faced any issues with their FC12 with this update ? I checked all the 20 pages and did not see any but Wanted to know real quick.

Mine just displayed this text:

"Holy Shit Balls!!!

Congratulations, Chucklehead. It seems apparently you have no life and out of nowhere you've determined, only God knows why, that the infamous Konami code will give you anything... AND IT WILL!!!

Maybe it isn't a new Profiling Block, The ADA MP1 or the Revv flavor of the month, but fear not, you've discovered the ULTIMATE CHUGGING EASTER EGG!!!

Enjoy!!!

Fractal Audio Systems"

Then you press Enter and...

It's a video of Cliff chugging on a huge bottle of Mountain Dew, then he points at the screen & laughs while the text "LOL, Chucklehead!!!" Flashes on screen. Then the unit reboots and you're left speechless, guitar/bass in hand.

Still waiting for a snes emulator for axe 3, to play a game backstage while the other band is playing 😅. That screen can probably run an old doom hm?

Yes, enough of blues combos, klon for the one who plays with pink prs strat brrrrrr

We need some blood
Some heavy
Some new boogies !!!!!!!!

“Do you want heaaavyyy?
Fractal gives you heaaaaavyyy babbbbyyyy”

(Lars Ulrich 4 counts)

Edit : for those who miss the reference (if they exists)

Last edited:
Mine just displayed this text:

"Holy Shit Balls!!!

Congratulations, Chucklehead. It seems apparently you have no life and out of nowhere you've determined, only God knows why, that the infamous Konami code will give you anything... AND IT WILL!!!

Maybe it isn't a new Profiling Block, The ADA MP1 or the Revv flavor of the month, but fear not, you've discovered the ULTIMATE CHUGGING EASTER EGG!!!

Enjoy!!!

Fractal Audio Systems"

Then you press Enter and...

It's a video of Cliff chugging on a huge bottle of Mountain Dew, then he points at the screen & laughs while the text "LOL, Chucklehead!!!" Flashes on screen. Then the unit reboots and you're left speechless, guitar/bass in hand.

Or Cliff apparition in the front screen saying “toasty” when you play a wrong note
Like that :

Hello! If I missed this and if you guys just talked about this, I’m terribly sorry for the redundancy. As far as the updated SIC, I notice if you have the setting in the menu to automatically have it update, it will do so. That being said, I don’t believe I had that turned on. How do I update to the new curve then? Do I just select a different SIC, and then choose the previous one I was using? Is that how that works? I didn’t see it mentioned in the release notes.

S
Hello! If I missed this and if you guys just talked about this, I’m terribly sorry for the redundancy. As far as the updated SIC, I notice if you have the setting in the menu to automatically have it update, it will do so. That being said, I don’t believe I had that turned on. How do I update to the new curve then? Do I just select a different SIC, and then choose the previous one I was using? Is that how that works? I didn’t see it mentioned in the release notes.
Some guys said in an old firmware topic that you just have to double click on it to have the new curve. Personally I have clicked another one and then back to the default one cause I didn’t know that. Normally there is a function now hidden somewhere in menus that automatically updates them all, that’s why now you have the edited light that appear in presets .
But as I’m in holidays since 3 weeks with a 3w amp I don’t have study all this #%^* yet.

Another update. Holy crap.

These guys don't rest.
This processor is worth every penny and then some.

The unit I bought almost 2 years ago is markedly improved at no extra cost. I was obviously sold back when I ordered the AF3. But now......

It just keeps getting sharper, tighter, creamier; other adjectives, as well.

I always say "I don't know how it could get any better" and then they make it better, regardless.

Kudos to Matt, Cliff, and all the folks who obsess over trying to obtain perfection.

Is it normal for the edited light to turn on all all my presets after this update? Noticed this is only happening with presets that have amps in them (my bass preset for example has no amps and did not have the edit light)

Is it normal for the edited light to turn on all all my presets after this update? Noticed this is only happening with presets that have amps in them (my bass preset for example has no amps and did not have the edit light)

Yup, normal. Snipped from Firmware 20.02 Release Notes (emphasis mine):
Improved speaker impedance curve fitting algorithm. This results in more accurate and more “colorful” modeling as the previous algorithm tended to damp box resonances somewhat. All the speaker impedance curves have been updated using the new routine. Existing presets are automatically updated to use the updated curves if “Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” is set to YES.

Is it just me or the Low Cut in Tone tab of Klone Chiron does not have any effect?

Edit: neither the Graphic EQ seems to have any effect on tone, even with extreme settings.

Back
Top Bottom