Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

It doesn't load the amp's default curve but the updated version of the curve saved in the preset
Understood. I just thought the intent was to load the new default curve for each amp. Then once any preset is resaved in 20.02+ it would be saved as is.

The issue I'm having is that many of the original curves are saved as Resistive Load. Then when YES is set it is loaded as flat rather than the amp's default. So one would have to do a reset to determine what that curve should be anyway.

Understood. I just thought the intent was to load the new default curve for each amp. Then once any preset is resaved in 20.02+ it would be saved as is.

The issue I'm having is that many of the original curves are saved as Resistive Load. Then when YES is set it is loaded as flat rather than the amp's default. So one would have to do a reset to determine what that curve should be anyway.
Or have a test preset with just an amp block to reference (instead of a reset).

Or have a test preset with just an amp block to reference (instead of a reset).
Sure, but that's a lot of extra work over many many presets. What I've been doing is reseting to examine the default SIC name but without saving it. Then I get out of the preset, go back to it, select the right curve, then save.

Maybe I just misunderstood the intention of the global parameter!

But it's NOT the amp's default curve, it's the updated curve for the one saved in the Amp block.

In other words, if you've changed the SIC for the amp, it will still have that SIC just with updated values.

There is something that I'm not understanding.

The SIC option to override the previous parameters....where is it?

I want to use the new parameters, is this option in axe edit or in the hardware only? I'm not able to find it.

I want to use the new parameters, is this option in axe edit or in the hardware only? I'm not able to find it.
In the main screen, press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and the Start button on the controller to make games easier

If you're looking for the setting to update the SIC automatically with the new 20.02+ curves, it's found in SETTINGS>GLOBAL SETTINGS>CONFIG. It's labelled 'Update Pre-20.02 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load', it is just above 'Speaker Impedance Curve'. Looks like it is on the device only.

Back
Top Bottom