Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.03 Release

Curious about the Serial # of the modeled Klon Centaur, to defend against someone A/B testing a Centaur with a different production year and complaining "the model is inaccurate".

The corksniffery never ends, does it! :laughing:

P.S. For anyone who draws that kind of card, always do a blind test :laughing: We did for a tube purist who swore he could differentiate an AC20 from a modeler. He mixed it up so bad it's not even funny. We're talking Axe 2 + Axe 3 + real AC 20, recorded signals.

The clone block sounds phenomenal - respect!
Possible bug:
However, I found that many parameters in the Clone Block have no effect:
On the 'Tone' page on the device or in Ax Edit 1.12.05 only the 'High Cut' control works, the Graphic EQ only works in the 'Pre' position and on the Advanced page I don't notice any difference in the number and type of diodes, Bit Reduce and Slew Rate.
'Dry Level' sounds like more distortion cranked up, shouldn't it be the other way around?

There is something weird going on with it. Quite noisy, even with gain at 0 and level at 7.
Input noise gate set to -70 dB kills the noise from any other pedal, but not the Klon.

New firmware is always a nice surprise. Imagine my shock at seeing... what.... is that a... KLON?!?

Truly an historic moment, even if only for the forum veterans! :tearsofjoy: I never cared for the hype, this is the first time I've ever tried one, and... hmmmm... it DOES sound amazing! Thank you Cliff!

Possible bug:
On the 'Tone' page on the device or in Ax Edit 1.12.05 only the 'High Cut' control works, the Graphic EQ only works in the 'Pre' position and on the Advanced page I don't notice any difference in the number and type of diodes, Bit Reduce and Slew Rate.
'Dry Level' sounds like more distortion cranked up, shouldn't it be the other way around?
Message Nr 2 in this Thread.

Possible bug:
Sorry, you have 1.12.05 already.

Curious about the Serial # of the modeled Klon Centaur, to defend against someone A/B testing a Centaur with a different production year and complaining "the model is inaccurate".

The modeled device might be a Klon KTR.

I can't stop playing the guitar!
This Klon is something brilliant!
I hope it's not a placebo effect!
Just thanks to the Fractal team!
Now I just have one question?
Did you have to buy the "gadget" for this?
Or was the wiring diagram enough? - because the drawing is on the internet!
I was thinking about building it, if it has such a great price!
Because you can get it as part of a package!
But at the age of 73, I'm tired of the "gadget stuff"!
But now it's here! And it's really sensational!

I belive they need to get hold of an actual pedal to be able to do the modeling. Please correct me if I'm wrong

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a-klon-type-drive-block.146319/page-5#post-1973734

I've been busy with a few things so have only just gotten round to updating from 19.xx to this and... FUUUUuuuuuuuuu!!!

Amazing job Cliff and team. Really. Bloody hell.

I belive they need to get hold of an actual pedal to be able to do the modeling. Please correct me if I'm wrong
I just thought that 9,000 Euros is a huge investment!
I didn't want to detract from Fractal's merits!
This is practically three times the value of the AX FX III.
But here is a place where you can get approx. For 50 dollars! As a part!
Maybe it's not a problem if I tell you the location?
https://www.wish.com/de/product/diy...instrument-5ac4751ca71fbf547c8c24e6?share=web

I'm sure there'll be a video from Leon in due course to explain all about the new improvements, but any insight on the Output parameter in the Klone would be great...

Edit: I've read up on it, my bad. Definitely a tone sculpting control as opposed to level. Really enjoying the update thanks to all at Fractal as always. The unit that never seems to stop giving!

Last edited:
I just thought that 9,000 Euros is a huge investment!
I didn't want to detract from Fractal's merits!
This is practically three times the value of the AX FX III.
But here is a place where you can get approx. For 50 dollars! As a part!
Maybe it's not a problem if I tell you the location?
https://www.wish.com/de/product/diy...instrument-5ac4751ca71fbf547c8c24e6?share=web
You have to be nuts to pay 9K for a Klon Centaur. There's a lot of people asking but how many are buying? I'm sure Fractal got theirs much much cheaper.

There's plenty of good Klones out there. A kit from Wish would be probably the last place I would look.

You have to be nuts to pay 9K for a Klon Centaur. There's a lot of people asking but how many are buying? I'm sure Fractal got theirs much much cheaper.

There's plenty of good Klones out there. A kit from Wish would be probably the last place I would look.
mojotone has a nice klon style kit too

Yes! There are many offers!Képernyőfotó 2022-07-22 - 13.59.22.png

Back
Top Bottom