Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

What a lovely treat to come home to! The new phasers are so cool as is the hold/stack function on the delay and reverb blocks. 👍

Sounds like the updated axe edit should be downloaded before the firmware upgrade.
Not really. I updated to beta 12 firmware before the release of Axe Edit. Firmware is solid, if edited on front panel. I just updated to the latest Axe Edit beta and now editing in Axe Edit is fine. And I have no lag. I have to mention though, I do not have an FC controller. I'm using an antique midi board.

Crazy updates... Thanks FAS! The phasers sound absolutely amazing now! I am in love with the ultra-super-mega one.

Latest AxeEdit working fine on my Mac.. Mojave though

MULTIPLE EDITS: Please re-read

Has it always been normal that audio can still be heard when an amp drive is turned down to zero? I could have sworn that if you turn drive all the way down, you get silence (no input into the amp block).

I just used the USB INPUT 1 to send a reamp track through and the amps didn't sound the same to my ears - like the gain structure was different in several models I was trying - yes, I confirmed my levels in the reamp track were the same ones I've been using since 2011 with my 3 fractal units. One thing in particular, is that I turned the drive down to zero (using axe edit, not from the front panel), and I still heard clean guitar audio from high gain models.

Just curious what the Illuminati have to say.

AE RC1 + Beta 12

Last edited:
MULTIPLE EDITS: Please re-read

Has it always been normal that audio can still be heard when an amp drive is turned down to zero? I could have sworn that if you turn drive all the way down, you get silence (no input into the amp block).

I just used the USB INPUT 1 to send a reamp track through and the amps didn't sound the same to my ears - like the gain structure was different in several models I was trying - yes, I confirmed my levels in the reamp track were the same ones I've been using since 2011 with my 3 fractal units. One thing in particular, is that I turned the drive down to zero, and I still heard clean guitar audio from high gain models.

Just curious what the Illuminati have to say.

AE RC1 + Beta 12
Always been that way.

There were no changes to the amp block.

My reverb hold block now produces a squeelie. Does anyone else have any issues with reverb / reverb hold?

Attachments

• Reverb hold squeelie_20200125_133516.blk
    865 bytes · Views: 1
thanks a lot,. it's really a major update for me .
no latency with fc6 under win10 here.
I love the new stripe 90 phaser, the modulation seems better biased to my ears vs previous fw on whole phaser's types .
I love the new ultra high mode on reverb's specially on the spring's types. I can feel better the "bright" of the springs.
little bug report: it seems to have a volume ramp when you use the Hold function on the spring's reverb causing over clipping on the DAC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom