Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta

Anyone else having some presets show the edited light for no apparent reason? It is happening to about 25-30% of my presets. All presets have been saved post 11.0 & I have the auto update impedance curve global option set to no. I double checked a few presets that showed the edit light that had a non-default impedance curve & they have not changed so it doesn't seam related to that.

Thanks Cliff and team!
Just updated and noticed that all my presets amp blocks are 59 Bassman. Anyone experiencing this?

Anyone else having some presets show the edited light for no apparent reason? It is happening to about 25-30% of my presets. All presets have been saved post 11.0 & I have the auto update impedance curve global option set to no. I double checked a few presets that showed the edit light that had a non-default impedance curve & they have not changed so it doesn't seam related to that.
If your preset is using a Phaser block then it will automatically be updated and the Edited LED will light accordingly.

Dunno if it's been reported but in Axe Edit 1.04.00 the OD 250 preset loses the basic tab.

Edit: works fine in latest Axe Edit RC... :D

Attachments

• OD_250.png
    OD_250.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
It bears saying a few things here as reminders to all who dare try to update to a BETA firmware...especially if you are a newcomer to our wonderful community where Christmas comes regularly on "firmware Fridays"...

1. This (firmware 12) is a Public BETA firmware. If you are new to Axe-Fx III and not a veteran, you should wait until there is a FINAL Public FIRMWARE (not BETA) and not install this.

And when there is a Final PUBLIC firmware it will show up on the Fractal main website here, not on the forum. Right now 11.01 is the current final PUBLIC firmware (non beta).

2. Because you will ignore my advice to wait for a final version, and you want to use the beta now :cool: because of all the new goodies in firmware 12 are irresistible -- (what did Oscar Wilde say? "The only thing I can't resist is temptation itself" or some such?) -- then you should FIRST run a FractalBot BACKUP of EVERYTHING (except User Cabs).

Back up all your presets and system file into a folder you should name "Firmware 11 Backups" -- so it stays separate and you can always revert back. You'll thank me for this one day, I promise. Also, for backups -- put your hardware on an empty/blank preset first then run FractalBot. Backups seem to run much faster that way.

3. And because you still just can't wait, you'll load the new firmware 12 anyway with FractalBot and you'll start up Axe-Edit III to look at the new goodies, and it won't work right :eek: , because a new updated Axe-Edit III version may not yet be released (since Cliff is running miles ahead of us all).... But, rest assured, an updated one will be coming very soon in most cases. :)

And in this case (yay!) the new Axe-edit III, it is here now, and you should install it BEFORE you update the hardware to firmware 12.... and then, post firmware update, re-start Axe-Edit III and go to top drop down menu of Axe-Edit III to select SETTINGS, then select REFRESH AFTER NEW FIRMWARE and let it do it's thing. (It actually does this on Axe-Edit start up -- reading block definitions -- but good practice to do this step anyway after a new firmware).

If that latest beta-compatible Axe-Edit III has issues and seems faulty (rarely, because @Michael Pickens rocks!), remember you can go the main Fractal Audio downloads page and re-install the prior Axe-Edit III version over the newer one.

4. And because this firmware is labeled as Public BETA and not Public FINAL, little things may come up. That's why it's a BETA. You can report them here.

P.S. One last thing. It's a good practice for beginners to shut down Axe-Edit III first before using FractalBot for loading or saving banks, or if you are updating firmware. Shut it down, just run one program at a time. Some say their updates or backups fail, and lo and behold it turns out they had Axe-Edit III running (and not bypassed) at the same time they were running FractalBot.

There. That felt good. Seriously, sincerely hope this helps some of you who struggle with this...

Last edited:
It bears saying a few things here as reminders to all who dare try to update to a BETA firmware...especially if you are a newcomer to our wonderful community where Christmas comes regularly on "firmware Fridays"...

1. This (firmware 12) is a Public BETA firmware. If you are new to Axe-Fx III and not a veteran, you should wait until there is a FINAL Public FIRMWARE (not beta) and not install this.

And when there is a Final PUBLIC firmware it will show up on the Fractal main website here, not on the forum. Right now 11.01 is the current final PUBLIC firmware (non beta).

2. Because you will ignore my advice to wait for a final version, and you want to use the beta now :cool: because of all the new goodies in firmware 12 are irresistible -- (what did Oscar Wilde say? "The only thing I can't resist is temptation itself" or some such?) -- then you should FIRST run a FractalBot BACKUP of EVERYTHING (except User Cabs).

Back up all your presets and system file into a folder you should name "Firmware 11 Backups" -- so it stays separate and you can always revert back. You'll thank me for this one day, I promise.

3. And because you still just can't wait, you'll load the new firmware 12 anyway with FractalBot and you'll start up Axe-Edit III to look at the new goodies, and it won't work right :eek: , because a new updated Axe-Edit III version may not yet be released (since Cliff is running miles ahead of us all).... But, rest assured, an updated one will be coming very soon in most cases. :)

And in this case (yay!) the new Axe-edit III, it is here now, and you should install it BEFORE you update the hardware to firmware 12.... and then you need to go to top drop down menu of Axe-Edit III to select SETTINGS, then REFRESH AFTER NEW FIRMWARE and let it do it's thing.

If that latest beta-compatible Axe-Edit III has issues and seems faulty (rarely, because @Michael Pickens rocks!), remember you can go the main Fractal Audio downloads page and re-install the prior Axe-Edit III version over the newer one.

4. And because this firmware is labeled as Public BETA and not Public FINAL, little things may come up. That's why it's a BETA. You can report them here.

There. That felt good. Seriously, sincerely hope this helps some of you who struggle with this...

If you play a tele, you could refer to yourself as an Axe Tele-vangelist.... Just sayin'

So, a lot going on here tonight... I’m trying to follow everything that’s happening and weigh the options for trying this beeta or waiting. Is there anyone on here that is running fw12 with the latest AxeEdit RC and an FC12 on Windows 10 without any issues? I know we’ve heard from a few that are having issues but I’m wondering how many people have successfully got this working. Just trying to estimate my chances of success. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom