Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever you write information to a preset, you've edited it — even if you wrote the same information that was already there.

Your Axe-Fx is set to update the speaker impedance curve whenever a preset is loaded. That means information gets written to the preset. It doesn't matter that it's the same information that was there before. So the "Edited" light gets turned on.
That's not how I recall Cliff describing the behavior of this parameter... But I've been wrong before ;)

Edit:

I just confirmed on my Axe Fx (still on 11.01) that with the parameter set to Yes, when I load a preset that I have saved since the option was added that the Edited light does not come on. If I change to a preset that was not updated then the light does come on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
I just confirmed on my Axe Fx (still on 11.01) that with the parameter set to Yes, when I load a preset that I have saved since the option was added that the Edited light does not come on. If I change to a preset that was not updated then the light does come on.
I just confirmed the same thing on the current beta.

Whenever you write information to a preset, you've edited it — even if you wrote the same information that was already there.

Your Axe-Fx is set to update the speaker impedance curve whenever a preset is loaded. That means information gets written to the preset. It doesn't matter that it's the same information that was there before. So the "Edited" light gets turned on.
Understood. My understanding was that it only auto-edited presets made before FW11.0. These presets were made before 11.0, but had been edited and saved after 11.0. I thought that since they had been updated after FW11, they would no longer be auto-edited.

That’s how it worked for me on 11.01, but with current beta, the presets are showing as edited. If I were at my computer I’d upload one of them.
What happens when you save a preset under the new firmware? Does the Edited light still come on”

Happy new year to all.
Thanks for this new FW update
FC mini screens are running well now.
The updated Phaser block is amazing.
I love the new LFO monitor, it's more intuitive to see the curve influence in monitoring conditions.
I assume that this new monitoring function will be deployed to the other blocks including the LFO curves.

Last edited:
Just played for over an hour...sounds and works wonderful on my patches/settings. Love the new flanger options. The only thing I noticed is the Volume block does not reset to 10.00 when I change patches (it sets to something like 9.54), even though it sound like it's on 10.00 when my volume pedal is fully engaged.

1. Calibrate the pedal.
2. Set Volume to 10 manually, make sure that PC RESET is turned on in the modifier menu and save the preset.

Just installed :sounds great
Had minor issue with previous beta (swap amp in presets) but with this one no longer issue.
thanks cliff
And happy new year to all the team.

Maybe i missed it but it seems a Low and Hi Cut is now present on the Env Follower controller, was it there before ?

Soon after installing the new beta this AM , I experienced another crash with the same Symptom as the the recent Impedance bugs, all outputs pegged on meters but no sound and axe restart required.
i was on a newly installed AB Naked amp preset (Bogner. Uber) and I believe I may have been futzing with the flanger block when it occurred, but I haven’t had a chance to try to replicate and am away from the box now. ...could very well be an anomaly, as I had other audio stuff running concurrently on my MacBook Pro that also borked when the III froze....but my duty as inveterate early updater (non beta team) is to report...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom