Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p05.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.

Improved CNFB algorithms in Amp block resulting in smoother distortion and improved clarity.

Improved preset/scene switching when input impedance changes between presets/scenes.

FC: Switch Ring Color settings of "Off" will now work correctly.

FC: Effect: Chan Select LED ring will properly be dim when an effect is bypassed.

Various other fixes and improvements.
FW 19.05

It's just huge fun to play every channel strip of the amps, so much more definition, plasticity and sound finesse throughout, just fantastic,

;)FW 19.05 is like a drug that is hard to get off.

FAS Thanks a lot for this.

Encountered a possible bug. I updated all the factory presets and after that went to play some YouTube video and sound was only coming from the left channel via USB in. Tried different videos thinking maybe it was a weird issue there but no, it was the Axe-Fx that somehow lost a channel. It's almost if the channel assignment somehow messed itself up or the right channel ended up in USB 4 or USB 6 somehow received no signal.

When I looked at the meters, I was seeing audio coming through USB 4 and 5. The normal situation I see is audio coming in via USB 5 and 6, it seems my computer -> Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen -> SPDIF -> Axe-Fx3 being routed to Input 4 Digital source probably shows up like this?

Restarting the Axe-Fx 3 fixed this, no settings were changed. Could be a weird sync issue but it was working just fine before I moved a pile of presets to make way for the new factory presets.

Encountered a possible bug. I updated all the factory presets and after that went to play some YouTube video and sound was only coming from the left channel via USB in. Tried different videos thinking maybe it was a weird issue there but no, it was the Axe-Fx that somehow lost a channel. It's almost if the channel assignment somehow messed itself up or the right channel ended up in USB 4 or USB 6 somehow received no signal.

When I looked at the meters, I was seeing audio coming through USB 4 and 5. The normal situation I see is audio coming in via USB 5 and 6, it seems my computer -> Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen -> SPDIF -> Axe-Fx3 being routed to Input 4 Digital source probably shows up like this?

Restarting the Axe-Fx 3 fixed this, no settings were changed. Could be a weird sync issue but it was working just fine before I moved a pile of presets to make way for the new factory presets.
Mac or PC? On my Mac, I've had a few issues with Youtube messing up my bog standard audio interface (MOTU M4). Oddly enough, the fix is to leave System Preferences open on the Sound tab. No idea why that fixes anything, but without fail, if my audio interface is acting up once Youtube has entered the picture, opening up System Preference > Sound fixes it.

This may not help your situation, and it's possible you did find a real bug, but this issue has been so weird and persistent for me, I feel compelled to mention it whenever there's the slightest possibility it might be affecting someone else.

Mac or PC? On my Mac, I've had a few issues with Youtube messing up my bog standard audio interface (MOTU M4). Oddly enough, the fix is to leave System Preferences open on the Sound tab. No idea why that fixes anything, but without fail, if my audio interface is acting up once Youtube has entered the picture, opening up System Preference > Sound fixes it.

This may not help your situation, and it's possible you did find a real bug, but this issue has been so weird and persistent for me, I feel compelled to mention it whenever there's the slightest possibility it might be affecting someone else.
This was on Windows 10. So far has only occurred once and since rebooting the system it has been fine all day.

BTW could we have Scene Ignore also on the IR Player block? I use it for room and headphones correction so it would be a perfect candidate for Scene Ignore.
Looks like it's in most blocks already, including CAB and FIL.

So might have just been an oversight. Or they have to figure out where to put it in the onboard UI as currently both tabs are full.

Last edited:
I just updated to FW 19.05 and Sxe Edit 1.10.11 and if I select either preset switch 1 (!959 SLP), preset switch 7 (Twin Reverb), or preset switch 8 (Super Reverb ), all three lights come on and stay on, and all three switches only turn on preset number 1 (1959 SLP). The LEDs show 1959 SLP on all three switches. It has the same problem no matter which bank I select. Never had this problem before with the FC-12 before. The correct presets show up on Axe Edit. If I select the presets from Axe Edit it turns on the correct preset and amp.

Update: I just figured out what the problem was. Updating to 19.05 changed the FC settings in Axe Edit under FC Edit. It changed presets number 7 and 8 to both be preset number 1. I definitely did not do this myself. I have not changed my FC Edit settings since the day I got it and programed it. Somehow updating to 19.05 (and /or Axe Edit 1.10.11) changed them. Anyway I changed them back and the FC-12 seems to be working right again.
All my layouts are gone. I don't know when they vanished because my FC-12 is at rehearsal with my FM9 and I just checked them last night and they are gone but not sure which firmware caused it.

All my layouts are gone. I don't know when they vanished because my FC-12 is at rehearsal with my FM9 and I just checked them last night and they are gone but not sure which firmware caused it.
I went straight from FW18.03 to FW19.05. So my guess is 19.05 (or maybe Axe Edit 1.10.11). My layouts were all still there, but I found a couple of them so far that had been changed after updating. Once I figured out what happened I just re-did them. It seems fine now.

Goddamn, I thought 19.04 was pretty perfect - but then updating to 19.05 and there is a distinct difference in high gain sounds. Exactly more smooth, yet also more clarity. Amazing! 🤘
Noticing an improvement here also. Fired up the old Atomic reactors
for my quarterly attempt to get them to sound good and they actually do sound good with 19.05. Axfx has revived a lot of my older dust collecters

I had the same issue going to 19.04...

Anybody getting random pops? Last week I jumped from 17 to 19.04, had a couple freezes and then upgraded to 19.05 on Friday right before a gig. No freezes since. I don't think I was hearing the pops in 19.04 but not sure. I did not hear them at the gig, thankfully. Hearing them yesterday and today at home. Very random...probably happened four times today in the course of maybe 4-5 hours of play time. Seems like it is only happening with AxeFXIII connected to my computer.

That said, I am freaking out over how GREAT this thing sounds! I pulled an amp/cab out of one of the new presets and can't wait to get this thing to rehearsal!!! I use a BE100 mostly (classic rock covers) but also a Bassman for the country band...definitely need to try the new presets for that tomorrow!

Last edited:
Anybody getting random pops? Last week I jumped from 17 to 19.04, had a couple freezes and then upgraded to 19.05 on Friday right before a gig. No freezes since. I don't think I was hearing the pops in 19.04 but not sure. I did not hear them at the gig, thankfully. Hearing them yesterday and today at home. Very random...probably happened four times today in the course of maybe 4-5 hours of play time. Seems like it is only happening with AxeFXIII connected to my computer.

That said, I am freaking out over how GREAT this thing sounds! I pulled an amp/cab out of one of the new presets and can't wait to get this thing to rehearsal!!! I use a BE100 mostly (classic rock covers) but also a Bassman for the country band...definitely need to try the new presets for that tomorrow!
No pops here on 19.05 connected 100% to Mac.FYI

Hey there

Firmware 19.* is great but takes me inside the red zone and I have been unable to fix it without messing up the sound.
The clipping is mostly with Palm mutes, I would like to fix that.

After some research I still am unknown how to fix it.
I really could use some advice which miracle knob to turn?

Thnx in advance

Cheers 🍻

Hi,

Ok sorry if this has already been asked/answered on this thread

So I currently have 4 presets that are identical except for the the VC channel on the Pitch block doing detune amounts.
1 Pitch is disabled for E
2 has VC -1 (Pitch Channel B) Eb
3 have VC -2 (Pitch Channel C) D
4 is VC -3 (Pitch Channel D) C#

For quickness I currently have 4 Substitution switches that switch between these the 4 presets

For ages I have been wanting a "global" pitch block so that whatever channel I set the VC to, it stays throughout the preset.
I have had the Pitch block detune button on the front panel, but that means I have to just do that and then save the preset every time. Too slow

How can I use this so I an go back to just 1 preset with the Scene Ignore?
Basically I need to be able the change the scene from A to B or C or D and then that stays

Ideas?

Cheers in advance

Hey there

Firmware 19.* is great but takes me inside the red zone and I have been unable to fix it without messing up the sound.

Thnx in advance

Cheers 🍻
Multi band compression is probably your best bet... or just turn down amp level a few db´s.

Hey there

Thnx in advance

Cheers 🍻
I noticed this too, thought it was my hack-status technique

Hey there

Thnx in advance

Cheers 🍻
Where is it clipping and what does "inside the red zone" mean?

Hey there

Thnx in advance

Cheers 🍻
Turn down the Level knob in the amp block and it’s done 👍🏻.

Where is it clipping and what does "inside the red zone" mean?
Red zone is the red light input 1 indicator on the frontpanel. Usually the preset just tickles the red (sometimes) but now the red right goes on fully while palm muting. I have no clue how to bring the input down so it stays out of the red . Thank you for your notice.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom