Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

IMHO, Scene Ignore is a feature designed for performing. For stuff at home, presets and scenes and switches work well enough. And IMHO, when performing you're not doing the sound guy a pleasure when switching between cabs, which has much more impact on the sound than switching amps.

Well maybe I should rephrase....
Sometimes a truly great idea isn't picked up until the famous people ask for it.
But I shouldn't complain. I know of no other company that's so forthcoming to its customers.

Actually, while it may have been requested by ‘famous people’ before, this came to be due to a thread on TGP. Cliff ends up chiming in after someone posted what they’re specifically trying to achieve, you can see it here-

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...-like-about-fractals-modeling.2326185/page-60

Fair warning, it’s a TGP thread. Regardless, it shows how mere mortals having an in-depth discussion about something can bring about changes without the need to be famous. I think overall, the majority of requests that get added come from the forum and not just famous people asking for it. (I haven’t read the last few pages yet, apologies if it was mentioned already)

I understood the feature but now I know how to implement it. I sometimes need a different amp and would have to change to a different preset to have an amp with the same scene scenario. Usually I have a metal amp with different gain stages via drive pedals per scene with different amounts of gain plus lead and clean scenes but sometimes I need a more classic Marshall sound with all of those same scene features, this way I could just have a switch to do that with ignore. Ok, a little slow to the party.

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be as big a deal as I perceive it to be, but it sure made the amps sound better than 19.04! Definitely more clarity! Thanks, Cliff!

BTW: Is it normal that the default dB level of carol ann amps is far below other models? I know it's easily adjustable with the level knob, it just occured to me while scrolling through different models that the carol anns were significantly quiter than almost any other amp on default.

Thanks. Sounds great. The machine is crazy good.

Was praying that high gain solid state amp models would start to come around this time but it's not the time I guess.

BTW: Is it normal that the default dB level of carol ann amps is far below other models? I know it's easily adjustable with the level knob, it just occured to me while scrolling through different models that the carol anns were significantly quiter than almost any other amp on default
Some of us have already wished the amps to be more “close leveled” between them by default but it seems complicated .

Not sure when this happened but clarity on cleans is blowing me away...my crummy old Strat never sounded better.

Would love to see a mic/line In combo jack on the AxeFx IV's front panel though.
I think it was 19.04, I got a nice surprise with the band commander at my last gig. Always found clean something I ‘tolerated’ when required, but this was just gorgeous.

I just updated to FW 19.05 and Sxe Edit 1.10.11 and if I select either preset switch 1 (!959 SLP), preset switch 7 (Twin Reverb), or preset switch 8 (Super Reverb ), all three lights come on and stay on, and all three switches only turn on preset number 1 (1959 SLP). The LEDs show 1959 SLP on all three switches. It has the same problem no matter which bank I select. Never had this problem before with the FC-12 before. The correct presets show up on Axe Edit. If I select the presets from Axe Edit it turns on the correct preset and amp.

Update: I just figured out what the problem was. Updating to 19.05 changed the FC settings in Axe Edit under FC Edit. It changed presets number 7 and 8 to both be preset number 1. I definitely did not do this myself. I have not changed my FC Edit settings since the day I got it and programed it. Somehow updating to 19.05 (and /or Axe Edit 1.10.11) changed them. Anyway I changed them back and the FC-12 seems to be working right again.

Last edited:
I just updated to FW 19.05 and Sxe Edit 1.10.11 and if I select either preset switch 1 (!959 SLP), preset switch 7 (Twin Reverb), or preset switch 8 (Super Reverb ), all three lights come on and stay on, and all three switches only turn on preset number 1 (1959 SLP). The LEDs show 1959 SLP on all three switches. It has the same problem no matter which bank I select. Never had this problem before with the FC-12 before. The correct presets show up on Axe Edit. If I select the presets from Axe Edit it turns on the correct preset and amp.

Update: I just figured out what the problem was. Updating to 19.05 changed the FC settings in Axe Edit under FC Edit. It changed presets number 7 and 8 to both be preset number 1. I definitely did not do this myself. I have not changed my FC Edit settings since the day I got it and programed it. Somehow updating to 19.05 (and /or Axe Edit 1.10.11) changed them. Anyway I changed them back and the FC-12 seems to be working right again.
Check your global Bank Size parameter.

Check your global Bank Size parameter.
It was set to 10 like I normally have it. I found and fixed the problem. The FC-12 settings changed when I updated to 19.05 and Axe Edit 1.10.11.

I just now found another issue with the FC-12. Now I can not turn on or off either of my drive blocks from the FC-12. I can turn them on and off by clicking on the drive blocks in Axe Edit, but the switches that used to turn on and off my drive blocks no longer work right on the FC-12. Both LEDs stay on but the drive effects won't turn on or off from the FC-12.

It was set to 10 like I normally have it. I found and fixed the problem. The FC-12 settings changed when I updated to 19.05 and Axe Edit 1.10.11.

I just now found another issue with the FC-12. Now I can not turn on or off either of my drive blocks from the FC-12. I can turn them on and off by clicking on the drive blocks in Axe Edit, but the switches that used to turn on and off my drive blocks no longer work right on the FC-12. Both LEDs stay on but the drive effects won't turn on or off from the FC-12.
Assuming you have a backup, I'd suggest restoring your layouts.

Assuming you have a backup, I'd suggest restoring your layouts.
I just started to restore my backed up layouts, but a window opened up on Fractal Bot that said something to the effect of "be sure these system settings were created on the same firmware as the current firmware you are using. Which it was not. It was created on the firmware I was on before updating to 19.05, so I didn't do it.

I had to re-do some of the settings on FC-Edit related to may drive blocks and channels, but I think things are back to normal. Hopefully nothing else got changed. I'm stopping for the night.

Last edited:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p05.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.

Improved CNFB algorithms in Amp block resulting in smoother distortion and improved clarity.

Improved preset/scene switching when input impedance changes between presets/scenes.

FC: Switch Ring Color settings of "Off" will now work correctly.

FC: Effect: Chan Select LED ring will properly be dim when an effect is bypassed.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Thanks a lot!

I like the changes in the feedback algoritm of 19.05. Clean channels are more alive, even with volume or tone pot turned down a bit (jazzy)

I just started to restore my backed up layouts, but a window opened up on Fractal Bot that said something to the effect of "be sure these system settings were created on the same firmware as the current firmware you are using. Which it was not. It was created on the firmware I was on before updating to 19.05, so I didn't do it.

I had to re-do some of the settings on FC-Edit related to may drive blocks and channels, but I think things are back to normal. Hopefully nothing else got changed. I'm stopping for the night.
In a worst case you can revert to that firmware, restore, then backup or export only the layouts. After that, update firmware again and restore/import the layouts.

Back
Top Bottom