Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.05

Hi,

Ok sorry if this has already been asked/answered on this thread

So I currently have 4 presets that are identical except for the the VC channel on the Pitch block doing detune amounts.
1 Pitch is disabled for E
2 has VC -1 (Pitch Channel B) Eb
3 have VC -2 (Pitch Channel C) D
4 is VC -3 (Pitch Channel D) C#

For quickness I currently have 4 Substitution switches that switch between these the 4 presets

For ages I have been wanting a "global" pitch block so that whatever channel I set the VC to, it stays throughout the preset.
I have had the Pitch block detune button on the front panel, but that means I have to just do that and then save the preset every time. Too slow

How can I use this so I an go back to just 1 preset with the Scene Ignore?
Basically I need to be able the change the scene from A to B or C or D and then that stays

Ideas?

Cheers in advance

Off the top of my head I’d say you’d turn on Scene Ignore for each channel of the pitch block you use for the Virtual Capo. Then, on your FC12, set up a footswitch on your main Layout, or on each of whatever Layouts you normally use while playing, to cycle from Channel A to Channel D, with a wrap. Since you’ve already set up Scene Ignore, when you change tuning with the Virtual Capo footswitch you’ve programmed, it will not affect the other blocks at all, and you can switch Scenes the way you did before and not affect your tuning. I’m pretty sure that’s all you need to do, but someone chime in if I’ve got it wrong. I’m only half awake.

Off the top of my head I’d say you’d turn on Scene Ignore for each channel of the pitch block you use for the Virtual Capo. Then, on your FC12, set up a footswitch on your main Layout, or on each of whatever Layouts you normally use while playing, to cycle from Channel A to Channel D, with a wrap. Since you’ve already set up Scene Ignore, when you change tuning with the Virtual Capo footswitch you’ve programmed, it will not affect the other blocks at all, and you can switch Scenes the way you did before and not affect your tuning. I’m pretty sure that’s all you need to do, but someone chime in if I’ve got it wrong. I’m only half awake.
ok I'll try that. cheers

Anyone noticed quite significant volume jump between different IR´s in 19.05 ?

I never noticed it in older fw´s, but now, some of the IR´s are like 3db louder, some quieter.
I've mentioned it previously but either no one saw the post or noticed a difference as there was no response

Anybody getting random pops? Last week I jumped from 17 to 19.04, had a couple freezes and then upgraded to 19.05 on Friday right before a gig. No freezes since. I don't think I was hearing the pops in 19.04 but not sure. I did not hear them at the gig, thankfully. Hearing them yesterday and today at home. Very random...probably happened four times today in the course of maybe 4-5 hours of play time. Seems like it is only happening with AxeFXIII connected to my computer.

That said, I am freaking out over how GREAT this thing sounds! I pulled an amp/cab out of one of the new presets and can't wait to get this thing to rehearsal!!! I use a BE100 mostly (classic rock covers) but also a Bassman for the country band...definitely need to try the new presets for that tomorrow!
I had pops also, Saw something flick when I was looking at the input. The Auto 1M impedance glitch. Chance it to just 1M and the pops stopped.

sorry if i am putting this in the wrong place but in the next update it would be nice if we could assign controllers to multiple channels. for example an expression pedal that can control say the mix of the delay in both channel A and B. it could take the form of a tick-box selector where you can choose which channels it would work

sorry if i am putting this in the wrong place but in the next update it would be nice if we could assign controllers to multiple channels. for example an expression pedal that can control say the mix of the delay in both channel A and B. it could take the form of a tick-box selector where you can choose which channels it would work

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. If you assign a controller to the mix knob on a delay block, it currently DOES affect all channels for that delay block.

Perhaps you mean Delay 1 and Delay 2? Which is also easily done by just assigning the controller to the mix knob in each block.

What am I misunderstanding?

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. If you assign a controller to the mix knob on a delay block, it currently DOES affect all channels for that delay block.

Perhaps you mean Delay 1 and Delay 2? Which is also easily done by just assigning the controller to the mix knob in each block.

What am I misunderstanding?
if you assign a controller you can either have it control the mix in all channels or in one channel that you select. i'm suggesting it could be possible to choose 2 or 3 channels at the same time as well. all in the same block

if you assign a controller you can either have it control the mix in all channels or in one channel that you select. i'm suggesting it could be possible to choose 2 or 3 channels at the same time as well. all in the same block

Oh! OK. Gotcha.

I can see the usefulness in that. I can see pitfalls as well. Nice idea though.

I had pops also, Saw something flick when I was looking at the input. The Auto 1M impedance glitch. Chance it to just 1M and the pops stopped.
THANKS for the tip @HDS that seems to have fixed it. Just played for 2-1/2 hours and no pops. Makes me wonder if that was happening friday through the PA...will have to ask the soundman...

Good to hear. I've changed them and will check it tonight!

THANKS for the tip @HDS that seems to have fixed it. Just played for 2-1/2 hours and no pops. Makes me wonder if that was happening friday through the PA...will have to ask the soundman...
Probably means you're enabling or bypassing a block right after the Input block that affects Auto Impedance...

Probably means you're enabling or bypassing a block right after the Input block that affects Auto Impedance...
What you're saying is over my head. I've been using these presets for several months and never had that happen until the recent upgrades. I went from 17 to 19.05 in the space of a couple of days last week. AFAIK, the problem showed up Saturday, after I'd moved from 19.04 to 19.05. On most of them, right after the input, I have a compressor that's rarely used, so I wouldn't think it was that. Next is either Phaser (Vibe), Tremolo or Wah (auto wah), then a drive. I'd venture to guess that none of these effects were on when the pops happened. I don't have your understanding of this stuff, so I'm telling you all of that in case it helps you to help me what caused it. Unless the bypassed effects listed might be the problem when bypassed, 90% of the time the amp is the first thing in the chain.

Last edited:
What you're saying is over my head. I've been using these presets for several months and never had that happen until the recent upgrades. I went from 17 to 19.05 in the space of a couple of days last week. AFAIK, the problem showed up Saturday, after I'd moved from 19.04 to 19.05. On most of them, right after the input, I have a compressor that's rarely used, so I wouldn't think it was that. Next is either Phaser (Vibe), Tremolo or Wah (auto wah), then a drive. I'd venture to guess that none of these effects were on when the pops happened. I don't have your understanding of this stuff, so I'm telling you all of that in case it helps you to help me what caused it. Unless the bypassed effects listed might be the problem, 90% of the time the amp is the first thing in the chain.
I think the Phaser might affect it, the Drive definitely could depending on which model.

What was the Input Impedance set to before you changed it? Auto?

Curious that it would suddenly start happening...

Is it possible you're using different channels of the Input block on different scenes?

Phaser and Drive are stomps, so they would not have been engaged when this happened.
Impedance was Auto, now set to 1M, and no popping yet
I do use different channels of the input block...not sure but they could have been changing when the pops happened.

Phaser and Drive are stomps, so they would not have been engaged when this happened.
Impedance was Auto, now set to 1M, and no popping yet
I do use different channels of the input block...not sure but they could have been changing when the pops happened.
Ok... Maybe the Impedance was different between the channels of Input block?

I'm not aware of any "bug" or issue related to the Input Impedance that would cause pops when nothing is being changed.

That would be strange, indeed.

I don't think impedances where different, but I'd suppose I can admit that I know just enough to be dangerous. I'm learning tho, and loving this thing. Sounds so good now. I also have a Quad Cortex and was worried that the AxeFX wasn't feeling/sounding quite as organic. It definitely is now!

Been testing out. With "Scene Ignore" enabled, when I switch from a scene to another with the FX block bypassed, I have to step on the assigned FC button twice to engage it back. I wish I only have to step on it once :( It is very inconvenient at the moment. However, I thank you for your hard work and support for your customers very much.

Back
Top Bottom