Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p02_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block power tube grid bias excursion algorithm. The default Excursion Time and Release Time values have been updated as a result. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new default values upon recall.

Improved Delay block so repeats do not degrade when Hold is activated.

Added Rows 1-6 as Reference Sources for Tone Match block.

Added Power Amp Modeling ON|OFF control to Amp block and removed that functionality from the Supply Sag control. Existing presets are automatically updated upon recall.

Fixed Master Comb Time not working in Multitap Delay block when using Quad Series type.

Fixed Reverb High Cut Slope not working.

Improved Amp block power tube grid bias excursion algorithm. The default Excursion Time and Release Time values have been updated as a result. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new default values upon recall.
Any suggestion on specific amp models I might want to try to give this new feature a spin?

So basically, If using a Tube Power Amp you simply need to turn the Power Amp modeling off?
That's the way! Always preferred this simplier switches than searching for a specific feature to turn off completely!

I believe that this is the response to a request to avoid the sudden volume pop when you turn the Sag control down. Setting Sag to zero was the traditional way to turn off Power Amp on an individual Amp Block

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ower-amp-on-off-and-supply-sag-amount.172981/

Last edited:
So basically, If using a Tube Power Amp you simply need to turn the Power Amp modeling off?
That's the way! Always preferred this simplier switches than searching for a specific feature to turn off completely!
If you use a tube power amp that colors your sound and want to turn it off it's probably easier to just turn it off globally. No need to update every amp block...

Always been the case unless using a linear T.P.A such as Power Station or LXII.

If you use a tube power amp that colors your sound and want to turn it off it's probably easier to just turn it off globally. No need to update every amp block...
Yeah but no.
The fun thing for me is having flexibility by preset. Because I play direct in wedding gigs or else when recording most of the times, it would be a pain to re switch. It much easier to simply turn it off when I feel like connecting to my tube amp FX Loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom