Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
still dont understand why some does and some not , why is the bass knob in the herbie so "special" compared to another one ? it can be interesting to know that .
I understand that the course can be different but .?..

I agree, but turning off power amp modelling by setting sag control to 0 has been the Fractal way since the dawn of Fractal time. I wonder why change now and not years ago, or a decade ago? Neat.

Anyway, with tube power amp I ALWAYS ended up preferring power amp modelling ON in my presets. I always feel the need to mention this when this comes up because it's a thing I tested extensively in the past. Don't just assume it will sound best to switch off power amp modelling. Leave it on, lower the sag and experiment with advanced parameters. I would always get my best results that way.
Must say, as a Fractal User for a year.

The Fractal Way is sometimes a huge flex.

Sometimes to make little changes, you need to make a lot of procedures.
For example. Why would you need a seperate program to update firmware or moving large batches of presets.
For me, it should be a one stop program that does everything. Or else all the seperated edit programs to different devices.

I think the there should be a Fractal Edit that you can edit all of Fractal Products in one program. So it functions with FM3, AX3, AX2 and others. It should have push notifications for major updates. And support full window!! I still can't figure out why in 2021 it still not fullscreen... also allow to programs all settings from that program, and include there the driver updates if necessary. One Stop Program to anything.

There are way more things that I can touch and relate why Fractal way in user interfacing is way behind with extremely user friendly devices such as Headrush, Quad Cortex and others. By sound, Fractal makes snacks out of all the competitiors.

If anyone is using AustinBuddy LiveGold or Naked Amps presets under 16.02, the amps all have multiple controllers attached to add further user FC-12/FC-6 floor control of things like boost and fat and saturation. Having these CS controllers however adds more CPU load to that amp block, which in past we learned can cause crackling.

If you hear crackling in an amp using a new firmware like 16.02, first try disconnecting the CS3 to CS6 controllers (Fat, Brite, Saturation Ideal, Low Cut), save preset, and try it again now. Hopefully that solves the issue. I'd always try to leave the CS2 Amp Boost in there/only remove as last resort, it's essential for some of the best tones. Hope that helps!

still dont understand why some does and some not , why is the bass knob in the herbie so "special" compared to another one ? it can be interesting to know that .
For some model's bass circuitry the equations are more complex or steeper (compared to others) so that rapid changes in the bass parameter means the solutions are jumping too quickly for the processor to keep up smoothly.

As a rough analogy think about quickly solving x*y = 2 versus x^3 + x*y = 2 for x as y changes. I don't know about you but I'd have to do a lot more steps to solve the second one.

Not to be a jerk, but it's not news that you don't understand why this happens ;)

Cliff, who does understand, said it's unavoidable, so that's the deal. You can wish, but not everything is technically feasible. And frankly, it seems to be like there are more important things to worry about, both for Cliff and for you.

So basically, If using a Tube Power Amp you simply need to turn the Power Amp modeling off?
That's the way! Always preferred this simplier switches than searching for a specific feature to turn off completely!
That's what the manual says, but I say not necessarily. I use a Mesa 20/20 thru 2 4x12 Recto cabs, and some presets (I'm still only using factory ones, with no tweaking. If it doesn't sound good, either with or without PAM on, I just go to another one, since there's SO many!) sound good with it off, but many sound fine with it on, at least to me. YMMV. If it sounds good, it is good.

I do it full time fortunately ;) Still need to check if an update is necessary between 16.00/16.01 and 16.02, but I'll probably wait for the dust to settle a little :)
It seems like the dust never settles around here (NOT complaining!)

I agree, but turning off power amp modelling by setting sag control to 0 has been the Fractal way since the dawn of Fractal time. I wonder why change now and not years ago, or a decade ago? Neat.

Anyway, with tube power amp I ALWAYS ended up preferring power amp modelling ON in my presets. I always feel the need to mention this when this comes up because it's a thing I tested extensively in the past. Don't just assume it will sound best to switch off power amp modelling. Leave it on, lower the sag and experiment with advanced parameters. I would always get my best results that way.
THIS! Me TOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom