Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you and your team Cliff,
Cannot believe how good this thing has become!
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p02_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block power tube grid bias excursion algorithm. The default Excursion Time and Release Time values have been updated as a result. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new default values upon recall.

Improved Delay block so repeats do not degrade when Hold is activated.

Added Rows 1-6 as Reference Sources for Tone Match block.

Added Power Amp Modeling ON|OFF control to Amp block and removed that functionality from the Supply Sag control. Existing presets are automatically updated upon recall.

Fixed Master Comb Time not working in Multitap Delay block when using Quad Series type.

Fixed Reverb High Cut Slope not working.

Thank you Cliff and FA team.

Additional question: Is there also fixed issue with Bright switch in dizzy apms ? And also "possible bug" in Dizzy Silver 2 vs 3 ?
(https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ease-version-16-01-cygnus.172911/post-2097300)
I think at this point there are at least 5-6 members, who wants to see this resolved.

Maybe we need to get more folks involved so this issue will be checked once again.

Maybe the dizzy´s are not so popular here.

But most likely, the reason for not fixing it yet is the sheer weight of real VH4.
I can very much uderstand this point :D

I bought the Axe 3 inn the beginning of 2020, my first ever excursion into modelling. I used it from firmware 8 onwards and by FW 15 i was pretty happy with it until Cygnus came and fucked all my presets.....but i started from scratch and found the Euro BLUE and RED MODERN to sound celestial.....WOW....and then Marco Fanton came out with his patch with the 5153 amp which made me build a patch using the same amps and man i have never loved the AXE more. This shit sounds so brutal.....and i am playing on the default settings and brutal in the sense of the response and feel and the attack.....IT KICKS them NUTS........

I bought the Axe 3 inn the beginning of 2020, my first ever excursion into modelling. I used it from firmware 8 onwards and by FW 15 i was pretty happy with it until Cygnus came and fucked all my presets.....but i started from scratch and found the Euro BLUE and RED MODERN to sound celestial.....WOW....and then Marco Fanton came out with his patch with the 5153 amp which made me build a patch using the same amps and man i have never loved the AXE more. This shit sounds so brutal.....and i am playing on the default settings and brutal in the sense of the response and feel and the attack.....IT KICKS them NUTS........

That's the attitude! It is worth to start from scratch. A major firmware revision like this is like selling the old device to get a new one.

TUBE PRE:

Was changed to a preamp only model in firmware Ares 14.

Now it has the Power Amp Modeling switch turned on.

By design?

Gotta say, however awesome this turns out to be, which I'm sure will be tons, I feel bad for commercial preset makers like @austinbuddy and @fremen. No sooner do they literally get part way through updating their stuff for the major changes in one release, when there's another one that once again "changes everything". Ditto folks like @Cooper Carter working with major recording and touring acts, though they probably wait for some downtime to repaint the world.

Can you imagine if MacOS or Windows had major updates with anywhere near this frequency? There would be an epidemic of developers all over throwing themselves out of windows.

It's a great problem to have, but a hard one, comes with the territory.

So, here's a thing you can do with this now - tone match different amp models.

For example, I set up the USA Lead Mid Gain as my reference source and then did a live match with the 5153 Blue 50 watt, at stock settings, as my local source. Immediately gets them sounding close, but with a very different "feel" for use of a better term. You can then go on using the 5153 tone stack/advanced controls to do things the Mark wouldn't. Hrmmmmm.
You could also bake in EQ settings pre and/or post the amp, or create a mix of multiple IRs, directly in the Axe.

So, here's a thing you can do with this now - tone match different amp models.

For example, I set up the USA Lead Mid Gain as my reference source and then did a live match with the 5153 Blue 50 watt, at stock settings, as my local source. Immediately gets them sounding close, but with a very different "feel" for use of a better term. You can then go on using the 5153 tone stack/advanced controls to do things the Mark wouldn't. Hrmmmmm.
Sounds like a topic for video ;)

Hi Fractal !

" ..... Improved Amp block power tube grid bias excursion algorithm. The default Excursion Time and Release Time values have been updated as a result. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new default values upon recall ..... "

Do you think we will see this come to the FM3 FW 4 Beta 2 when / if it is released (?) -or- will it be too early for that (?)

Thanks,
Ben
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom