Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

New Ax3 owner! Couldn't be happier! Honestly I was skeptical after not bonding with the ax8, I never had the correct output amp/cab or settings. The axe III is looking like the best piece of gear I own. Using a HR108 and wondering how much I am missing out on, even as good as it sounds thru the 108, would the ASC 10 or 12 really impress me. The 108 isn't bad but reality tells me I am not getting the best bang for my buck. Downloaded the Cygnus update. My LCD reads Beta 16.01.. newbie obviously, should it ready Cygnus 16.01? Thanks and huge thanks to Fractal Audio!! Cheers

I know those Headrush models, especially the 8", are pretty entry level and maybe not the truest representation of the sound. I found the Yamaha DXR10 good bang for the buck.

I know those Headrush models, especially the 8", are pretty entry level and maybe not the truest representation of the sound. I found the Yamaha DXR10 good bang for the buck.
Thanks for the insight! I actually may a/b the DXR10 and the 108, I have seen these and qsc as mentioned throughout the forum. Wondering about 1 wedge and one of the box style like the ASC or the Mission or one of the others. One in rear and one in front and sometimes parallel for a stereo type setup, mainly at home. Will do a few gigs, or I would just get to DXRs or similar. Need something to sit the rack on. Maybe there is another option for that? Regards

16.01 sounds amazing. Also, the Axe is generally sounding great with headphones these days. The Waza-Air headphones are probably still the best headphone-amp experience, but I leave that at my g/f's place and don't miss it at all. Add some floor reflections and 'room' from the cab section, turn up the 'gain enhancer' and mix in a little room reverb at the end. It is almost like the sound from my monitors.

I'm loving how good the reverbs sound in this update.

16.01 sounds amazing. Also, the Axe is generally sounding great with headphones these days. The Waza-Air headphones are probably still the best headphone-amp experience, but I leave that at my g/f's place and don't miss it at all. Add some floor reflections and 'room' from the cab section, turn up the 'gain enhancer' and mix in a little room reverb at the end. It is almost like the sound from my monitors.

I'm loving how good the reverbs sound in this update.
Never been a comfortable headphone player, of course never had a decent pair outside a studio. Waza air is the way to go it seems.

I got a new Super Strat (Sun Valley Super Shredder Exotic Black Limba) a few days ago, and I'm finding it so easy to dial in fantastic tone right away, using just authentic controls. I'm used to record loops of me playing in particular styles to dial in a tone, but now I'm finding great results in maybe half a minute with just playing a little, dialing a little, etc. Amps I did not like before are coming alive for me, like the Nitrous 2, that I dialed in last night to a raunchy Brown Sound. With the new guitar I'm just further blown away by how much tone you can get out of the Axe FX III, and how quickly. My thanks as always.

Thought so, thanks for clearing that up. Says "no update available " when I check while in axe edit. I guess the norm, thought maybe I saw a post about that
Yeah... Go to the first post of this thread and grab the latest.

Question: What are edge-of-breakup-plus folks with SSS guitars liking for amps and IRs in 16.01?

'59 Bassman is still doing it for me (although primarily HSS not SSS.

I also like the CAE+ Clean and the DuoMaster...

I revisited the Nuclear Tone for the first time in a while and enjoy that, too.
Just spent the last hour playing the Nuclear Tone with almost default settings (bumped Tone to 5.5) with an SDD Preamp (Drive and Level about 3) as a slight boost.

Great stuff!

I didn't subscribe to this this thread since I updated to 16.01, and now it has 196 posts. Is there some fundamental issue that I've missed? 🤓
(besides Leon's video, that I've already found. Thank you @2112)

Hi
That’s the second time in a few day that my axe 3 freeze just after power it up 🥺. The output (or input?dont remember) vu meter lights are at the maximum and I need to reboot the unit . It never happened before 16.01
Dont know if it’s related
If you had a similar experience or … tell me back

No I don’t think so . I have done a system parameter reset now. If it happens once again one day I will note which preset it is . Not a bad idea . But I don’t think it’s related to a preset 🤨. When I restart the unit then it works perfectly for hours . It’s really random . Hmm

Back
Top Bottom