Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.01 "Cygnus"

Possible bug?
Anyone else experiencing the Reverb block High Cut Slope working a bit wonky? The Low Cut Slope seems to be working as expected.

The High Cut Slope seems to follow the Low Cut Slope selection:
-Attempting to change the HCS from 6dB/Oct to 12dB/Oct, the slope remains the same regardless of selecting 6dB or 12dB HCS.
-Select 12db/Oct in the LCS then select either 6dB or 12dB for the HCS and it will change to the 12dB slope.
-The HCS cannot be changed back to 6dB (selecting either 6dB or 12dB) until the LCS 6dB is selected. Then selecting either 6dB or 12dB HCS will change the HCS to 6dB.

Possible bug?
Anyone else experiencing the Reverb block High Cut Slope working a bit wonky? The Low Cut Slope seems to be working as expected.

The High Cut Slope seems to follow the Low Cut Slope selection:
-Attempting to change the HCS from 6dB/Oct to 12dB/Oct, the slope remains the same regardless of selecting 6dB or 12dB HCS.
-Select 12db/Oct in the LCS then select either 6dB or 12dB for the HCS and it will change to the 12dB slope.
-The HCS cannot be changed back to 6dB (selecting either 6dB or 12dB) until the LCS 6dB is selected. Then selecting either 6dB or 12dB HCS will change the HCS to 6dB.
Known bug. Fixed for next release.

Assuming you've:
  • Confirmed you're on the current Axe-Edit and updated if not. It should update itself if it's recent enough. If you're using the standalone Fractal-Bot then confirm it's current.
  • Restarted the FX3.
  • Restarted Axe-Edit and then told it to "Refresh after new FW".
Then I have no idea why.

Lots has changed but mismatches between Axe-Edit and the firmware seems to have been the cause for backup problems for me a couple times.

Oh, it might be a USB problem. You might try rebooting the computer and/or confirming it's the current USB driver if you're on Windows.
Thanks Greg, did all that and shut it all down and rebooted. After looking in the folder I saved to, most were there and some said partial on some banks. I deleted and did them one at a time and got them all saved but never had any luck saving them all at once.

Thanks Greg, did all that and shut it all down and rebooted. After looking in the folder I saved to, most were there and some said partial on some banks. I deleted and did them one at a time and got them all saved but never had any luck saving them all at once.
What computer platform and OS version?

I'm on MacOS Big Sur and it's been stable through the beta cycle and the current revision.

I'm on this newest firmware and I'm trying to backup everything and I keep getting a timeout message on system global+FC. Numerous times and it won't finish. I've never had an issue before. Is there something buggy or wrong? Something change recently?
I've had similar issues with the stand alone Fractal Bot app. If you haven't done so already, try accessing Fractal Bot via the tools menu in Axe Edit.

Wondering if the MV tapers on some of the amps are correct? I have some experience with the Bludo ODS, for example, and don't remember running out of headroom until the MV was at 6-7 for the overdrive channel, Same with my own ODS build, since Howie typically designed for clean power sections. Whereas on the model I have to have it below 2, really around 1.

Last edited:
Wondering if the MV tapers on some of the amps are correct? I have some experience with the Bludo ODS, for example, and don't remember running out of headroom until the MV was at 6-7 for the overdrive channel, Same with my own ODS build, since Howie typically designed for clean power sections. Whereas on the model I have to have it below 2, really around 1.
They're correct. The difference is the models have a single MV. The real amp has Overdrive Volume (sometimes labeled Ratio) and a Master Volume. The models assume the Overdrive Volume is at maximum.

In the end it doesn't matter. Adjust it to where it sounds good.

They're correct. The difference is the models have a single MV. The real amp has Overdrive Volume (sometimes labeled Ratio) and a Master Volume. The models assume the Overdrive Volume is at maximum.

Ah! Now this explains a few things for me. I've always struggled to reproduce the same gain structure (for lack of a better term) with the model, but this clears it up. I also never used my amp with RATIO on full. That would have ruined the clean/overdrive balance.

Exactly, when an amp uses both a channel master/volume/output and a global master/volume/output it really attenuated the sound quite a bit in two places. So both of them at 3-4 could end up similarly to the Axe under 2 (depending on math, tapers, etc).

I was always a little curious what the deleted knob was set to when explaining this to people, knowing the deleted knob is set to full will make it simpler to explain!

Deluxe Tweed when "Normal Drive" is 10, It clean (nice lol).
But I think what this don't be correct. Possible Bug?

Back
Top Bottom